GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

bixxby

Molten Core Raider
WRITE THE BOOKS FATMAN

I don't care if it's too tropey or predictable or whatever, I want Sandor to carve up the Mountain's corpse. Also wouldn't be terribly disappointed if Tyrion's ending was something like him retiring somewhere with some chick and just being done. No wacky murder, no return to kings landing with fire and flame, just a midget bro being done with the bullshit. He will probably be eaten by dogs or some dumb shit though.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I didn't think it was that unbelievable, we're in a world here with boy kings where legends are made early. Jon Snow:

. Schools anyone he spars against
. Goes on a suicide ranging mission hand picked by Qhorin/Mormont
. Infiltrates Mance Rayder's camp
. Escapes with vital infos, gets back to Castle Black in time to defend it
. Motherfucking Ghost
. Direct lineage of the Bran the Builder

Not to mention the NW is severely dwindling and it's not like they have a force full of Jaime Lannisters or Loras Tyrells. I'd pick Jon Snow over rapists and Slints any day.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I thought Jon getting elected Lord Commander was completely unbelievable in the books and on all my rereads it seems to grow even more implausible.
Couldn't agree more.

The Big Guy writes so well that people can have VASTLY different opinions about things that seem obvious to both parties.

Case in point. I still maintain that Robert and Ned were fucking morons who usurped a kingdom because of a bad ruler and personal shit. They're no different and no less guilty of "slave morality" than anyone else. Ned is introduced as the guy chopping off the head of a scared kid who did what most people would do. He represents an unrelenting paragon of Order except when it suits him otherwise. Littlefinger is a douche, but at least he's honest about what he is. Same with the Hound. Same with Tyrion.

The end result for me is someone should have talked to fucking Rhaegar (and it seems that may have happened) and sorted this shit out better. Instead Mr. Warhammer kills the best hope Westeros has an eats and drinks his way through life while the kingdom suffers. Typical Nobility bullshit, like the French "Revolution" and other romanticized rebellions. None of them really gave a shit about the people, just their own egos.

Point being...he's a good writer and because of that you can argue this shit any way you want until he finishes the god damned series.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jon was basically the only choice for Lord Commander at that point... but yeah, it seemed awfully convenient for his character when it happened.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I thought Jon getting elected Lord Commander was completely unbelievable in the books and on all my rereads it seems to grow even more implausible. The idea that Sam, someone too scared to look at his own shadow, would be able to do anything with all these people is also absurd and Sam hasn't really improved in the tv show either. I am sure it will happen, he will definitely get elected, but like the books I imagine it will feel like the plot demanded it be done.
Meh, the reason I found it believable is because it was always emphasized that men in the Night's Watch were ridiculously superstitious. I mean, with the shit they saw, they always emphasized belief in spirits and what not. To have the crow pop up and scream Jon's name probably would have swayed them.

Tea_sl

shitlord
I don't follow the thread or general ASoIaF fan forums, but is there a general belief that Meera Reed is Jon Snow's twin? Because they are. I know there is the Targaryan theory, which I think is bang on, but I hadn't seen that come up much.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Meera and Jon are the same age. Howland was off in the war for a year, so not sure how he managed to bang his wife. Lyanna died from complications during child birth - possibly from the result of having twins. Howland and Ned were also the only ones present at Lyanna's death. And GRRM personally oversaw the casting of Meera for "the right look".

rrr_img_29006.jpg
rrr_img_29005.jpg

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
interesting theory but I was pretty sure Meera was a year younger than Jon. lemme look it up

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
WRITE THE BOOKS FATMAN

I don't care if it's too tropey or predictable or whatever, I want Sandor to carve up the Mountain's corpse. Also wouldn't be terribly disappointed if Tyrion's ending was something like him retiring somewhere with some chick and just being done. No wacky murder, no return to kings landing with fire and flame, just a midget bro being done with the bullshit. He will probably be eaten by dogs or some dumb shit though.
Uhh, Sandor's dead dude, Arya left him to die in the third book.

Cybsled

It is implied Meera got sacrificed, though. However, that could provide the key to Bran traveling back to the Tower of Joy and discovering Jon's lineage.

Why wouldn't she have a bastard name, though?

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
im hoping the fuckers who keep shelving the Dark Tower series adaptions will wake the fuck up and realize they have been sitting on a goldmine all these years and that they need to start filming episodes. and there are hell of a lot fewer characters in that series.
The Dark Tower series is more like a gold nugget in a mine of dog shit.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Jon's Rhaegar's son, quit trying to pretend like it's not true

"Lyanna died in a room that smelled of "blood and roses". A fever had taken her strength. Her voice had been faint as a whisper. There was fear in her eyes, while she called for "Ned" to promise her something. When her brother gave his word, the fear went out of her eyes. She smiled, and her fingers clutched his own in a tight grip. They were still holding each other as she "gave up her hold on life". Rose petals slipped from her palm, dead and black. Later, Howland Reed found Eddard still holding the corpse. Howland managed to separate the hands of the living man and the dying girl, though Eddard had no recollection of what happened after Lyanna died"

Makes sense though that Meera would be his sister.