GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Since we're already fagging this thread up to the max anyway, how do people feel about spoilers for sporting events? I would be mildly annoyed if something got spoiled in Game of Thrones, somewhat more annoyed if somebody told me the winner of Survivor before the season started, and a straight up rage machine if someone told me what happened in the 49ers game that I have on my DVR to watch that night.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I originally typed the post when you were having your love affair with Astro, then when I realized 2 hours later that I hadn't hit the post button, I just said fuck it and posted anyway.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It sucks for those people who think Dany is going to own shit for the next 2-3 seasons and all she will do is get moist over Darrio. That's not to say I wouldn't mind her getting moist over me.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Poor Ser Friendzone
frown.png

khalid

Unelected Mod
It sucks for those people who think Dany is going to own shit for the next 2-3 seasons and all she will do is get moist over Darrio
I think they will only spend 2 seasons at most on FFC/DWD and I don't think its hard at all to fill 2 seasons with Dany's material in DWD. They can play up the political intrigue in Essos (she does put some people in their place), get some more Daario vs Hizdahr, have their wedding, some sellsword betrayal, the plague, etc. They could even show the dragons slaying innocent people. Plenty of shit to spice it up and keep the stuff interesting.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
well what character is the favorite of the show? my two are arya and tyrion and close second are jon snow and brienne, lastly jamie. i cant imagine with all these other strong characters people will be put off just because dany decided she rather star in a fabio romance novel for a few seasons. still there will be some decent dragon ownage in the meantime to keep men from losing interest in her completely

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I'm really hoping that the success of GOT shows the executives that you can do fantasy in a serious manner and not that campy bullshit like they did to Sword of Truth. There is so much good material out there and I'm tired of it being butchered.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im hoping the fuckers who keep shelving the Dark Tower series adaptions will wake the fuck up and realize they have been sitting on a goldmine all these years and that they need to start filming episodes. and there are hell of a lot fewer characters in that series.

khalid

Unelected Mod
I'm really hoping that the success of GOT shows the executives that you can do fantasy in a serious manner
This. We saw a similar thing with superhero's in movies. I hope that GOT, LOTR and Harry Potter have shown that taking a fantasy story seriously and giving it a decent budget and good actors can pay off and can be critically accepted.

I think the last, having them be critically lauded, is the hard part. GoT still gets pretty much ignored in the general awards shows, when it really should be hands down winning every technical or stage award automatically and also winning many other awards. It was great that Peter Dinklage at least took home something.

wanand

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I know in the UK each week it is the easily the Most watched TV show on subscription based TV packages (Sky). Not including live sporting events. I think this week it had 635,000 viewers

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
The tv show has made me like Clegane and Tywin more and Jon less.
Yeah they made a few decisions that made Jon less competent and Arya less of a killer. Whether that's to show a more drastic progression or to show less perfect characters who knows. I feel like the storyline for Jon becoming the lord commander won't be very believable unless Jon's character really changes. I didn't find it believable in the first place that he'd be the one to lead the nights watch, and he was much more mature in the books.

Arya's story, on the other hand, will be entirely up to the actress. So far she goes from cute to angsty and hasn't had the chance to be sinister and sleek.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Jon becoming the lord commander won't be very believable unless Jon's character really changes. I didn't find it believable in the first place that he'd be the one to lead the nights watch, and he was much more mature in the books.
I thought Jon getting elected Lord Commander was completely unbelievable in the books and on all my rereads it seems to grow even more implausible. The idea that Sam, someone too scared to look at his own shadow, would be able to do anything with all these people is also absurd and Sam hasn't really improved in the tv show either. I am sure it will happen, he will definitely get elected, but like the books I imagine it will feel like the plot demanded it be done.