GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tea_sl

shitlord
interesting theory but I was pretty sure Meera was a year younger than Jon. lemme look it up
Jon is introduced as 14. Meera is introduced two years later as 16.

Cybsled_sl said:
Why wouldn't she have a bastard name, though?
Unsure. But, we have extremely little information about the Neck and "House Reed".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
so i was watching that podcast i linked yesterday and they brought up an interesting theory. at the RW, Blackfish didnt really step outside to take a leak, he left because he didnt want to witness the bedding ceremony because hes a secret gay. is that total bs or is it plausible?

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
so i was watching that podcast i linked yesterday and they brought up an interesting theory. at the RW, Blackfish didnt really step outside to take a leak, he left because he didnt want to witness the bedding ceremony because hes a secret gay. is that total bs or is it plausible?
Pretty widely accepted he's a gaywad. Before the wedding even.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Never thought about Jon being Meera's brother. Makes total sense though. It's funny because I always thought of Meera as being a side character that just enabled Jojen to be a powerful character but physically weak.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It doesn't make total sense=P It's a silly side theory entirely fan concocted, but it's a fun one. There's really nothing hinting that it's true within the books that I know of. Open to someone posting anything actually making it sound plausible beyond her TV character though.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Jon and Meera being twins isn't unreasonable, but would have a weird impact on Rhaegar's prophecy thing (he was looking for 3 kids, not 4).

Meera being adopted into the house when Jon didn't isn't unreasonable, the Reeds are known as a bit of a weird house, and the current lord's wife doesn't even have a house name so may be even be lowborn? Reeds are weird.

Blackfish not being there, could be a lot of explanations. He could have just wanted to leave expecting Edmure to make an ass of himself. Then again, a unmarried 60 year old, who fought with his brother for decades over a reasonable marriage arrangement with no children, yeah, him being gay would make sense. Which I never thought about. That is kind of awesome, I never thought about that before. Yay Blackfish!

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It doesn't make total sense=P It's a silly side theory entirely fan concocted, but it's a fun one. There's really nothing hinting that it's true within the books that I know of. Open to someone posting anything actually making it sound plausible beyond her TV character though.
Well, Howland Reed is the only other person to know what went down. It makes sense that he got one kid and Ned got the other.

Tea_sl

shitlord
Jon and Meera being twins isn't unreasonable, but would have a weird impact on Rhaegar's prophecy thing (he was looking for 3 kids, not 4).
This is the part I'm still working on myself. I haven't gone back through the books yet, but I'm pretty sure it's mentioned that Howland Reed has been with Stark for a year, and we know Meera Reed is roughly the same age as Jon, so there is some circumstantial support that Meera is a bastard in the books. Though admittedly since we don't know the exact ages there is quite a bit of leeway here and She could be legitimate and the same age. I like to watch the TV show all at once, so I hadn't considered the idea until I was catching up with my friend and he mentioned the casting and GRRM insisting on "the right look" (I'll find the interview at some point). We started hashing out the idea from there. The credit goes to my friend.

Plus we have been told that Jon's parents is a "luke Skywalker" situation - which could hint at a Leia situation.

edit: Ah. So we have Aemon via Sam saying "the dragon must have three heads" and we have Rhaegar saying "The Dragon has three heads, there must be one more." via Daenerys in the house of the undying. So, what if Daenerys isn't one of the three heads and Aegon, Jon, and Meera are the 3 heads and Daenerys is merely there to deliver the Dragons to them. Perhaps the betrayal of love? We're pretty far off into pure speculation now, but I still like it as a theory. Or mermen did it.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
WRITE THE BOOKS FATMAN

I don't care if it's too tropey or predictable or whatever, I want Sandor to carve up the Mountain's corpse.
Based on Bran's dreams, Sandor (and Jaime somehow) is going to face Gregor/Robert Strong eventually. Knowing Martin, he'll set up the predictable duel, but Robert Strong will just instantly murder Sandor and that will be it.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
Based on Bran's dreams, Sandor (and Jaime somehow) is going to face Gregor/Robert Strong eventually. Knowing Martin, he'll set up the predictable duel, but Robert Strong will just instantly murder Sandor and that will be it.
Reeeeealy? That is terribly interesting.

I''d love to see Sandor ironically bringing down Strong with the power of R'hllor with a flaming sword, killing him the only way he can be killed now: With fire!

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
maybe he converted and thats why he was tossed? im only saying because red priests seem to be the only ones with rez powers. he was with the deadly mummers or whatever they were called and they had a dothraki so clyburn could be from essos as well. or a merman.
smile.png

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the actual Mountain maybe? and clyburn is like dr frankenstein and he sewed someone elses head on the body and rezzed the whole lot. which explains the mask and the robotic personality?

im pulling that out of my ass.

Zhaun_sl

shitlord
My point is that the R'hllor rez doesn't seem to work that way. He seemed to use a different trick.

I don't see any reason to associate him with the Red Priests.