GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think Cersei is a stuck up cunt and wouldn't want to bang after she sees her man missing a hand. Maybe he could fasten a dildo to it.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
I would not want to watch myself acting either, I'd probably hyper criticize everything I did "Oh I could have done that line better," or "Oh they picked the reading I liked least in editing" etc.

I imagine its a pretty frustrating experience.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
It's often best not to read interviews by your favorite actors. Same with musicians. You are likely to be disappointed. After I watched the DVD commentaries from the previous seasons of Game of Thrones, my biggest takeaway is that writers and directors and much more interesting people to talk to than actors. The two Davids and Martin all talked about the story and most of the actors were just like "Oh my god it was so cold/hot that day!" or "Oh there's so and so, he's so brilliant!". Most of them had not read the books and didn't know much about the story other than scenes that they were in. You don't have to be particularly smart or interesting to be a good actor.

ubiquitrips

Golden Knight of the Realm
I like the idea of viewing episode 10 as an epilogue. Red Wedding just felt so much more like a finale.

I am getting a pretty serious Big Daddy / Hit Girl vibe from the Hound and Arya and I hope that pans out how I want it. I am guessing that she calls in Jaqen, demands she make her a bad ass, begin hunting Lannisters. For some reason I like the Hound, he seems too dull to be sinister and seems to be driven by at least some level of good attached to self preservation.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Am I the only one who really missed the scene under the wall with the weirwood door, Sam and Bran? I thought they were going to have that but nope.
frown.png
Yeah, in a world where magic is so incredibly rare to the point that nobody believes in it. I thought the Weirdwood Door scene would have been great to show that magic did, or does exist. But alas! A tunnel and a ladder that the Wildlings never even bothered to find in 8000 years.

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Yeah. It's a real good thing Mance didn't read that same wizard scroll Sam did during the couple decades he was with the Watch.

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I would not want to watch myself acting either, I'd probably hyper criticize everything I did "Oh I could have done that line better," or "Oh they picked the reading I liked least in editing" etc.

I imagine its a pretty frustrating experience.
I think this applies to pretty much any "productive" work. I do a lot of writing in my job and while I do lots of reading during revisions/editing, I almost never end up reading the finished, published product. I've found that if I read the finished product I have a tendency to second guess every sentence and find small problems that don't really exist outside of my own mind.

Regarding that picture, why is Dinklage dressed like a homeless person? Looks like Tyrion Lannister is classier than Peter Dinklage.

masteen

N00b
Yeah. It's a real good thing Mance didn't read that same wizard scroll Sam did during the couple decades he was with the Watch.
This I have no issue with, as only supernerds like Sam would spend more time in a library than the training yard. Mance was also more likely a Ranger than a Steward

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Not that I disagree but I'll go over my thought process on all these:

1) Probably my own fault. It is apparent in book 2 that Bran can take over animals. Taking over Hodor was pretty cool but I guess since it was spelled out in book 2 it wasn't much a shock to me.
2) We didn't know anything about his character to transform. He got hardly any screen time in season 2. We were only shown one side of the story (generally the Ned Stark) in season 1 where Ned was trying to fuck with the Lannisters.
3) Yeah Jon went North, found a hot chick, lost her, and is back. Great.
4) She's still in King's Landing being an insufferable cunt. I was hoping the Littlefinger storyline would pan out.
5) Yep Tywin is great. But I don't know how that is really a something "happening."
6) But she's still on the other side of the world crowd surfing?
7) Forgot about that. I should have added that to the list.
8) By far the largest advancement.

I'm not saying the show is bad or anything. It is my second favorite show on TV at the moment. Maybe I was just used to the fast paced action of season 1 where shit was going down each and every episode and I just need to alter my standards.
If none of those things got you into this season I don't know why you're watching to be honest. I don't get it, this season was awsome and every point khalid listed was indeed an awesome thing that happened.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I think Cersei is a stuck up cunt and wouldn't want to bang after she sees her man missing a hand. Maybe he could fasten a dildo to it.
I have hopes she wants to pick up where she left off with Jamie and he's like "naw, I'm good." Would be awesome and I'd love to see the look on her face if that happens.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I have hopes she wants to pick up where she left off with Jamie and he's like "naw, I'm good." Would be awesome and I'd love to see the look on her face if that happens.
I think the fact that he made a beeline straight to her when he arrived at King's Landing shows you'll probably be disappointed.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Well he does have children with her and it -IS- his sister, why wouldn't he want to see her? Also we don't know it was a beeline, she could have just been the first person/family memeber he came across.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
This show really needs a timeskip... I don't think we'd miss much that couldn't be shown in brief flashbacks.

I want to see the kingdoms begrudgingly working together because the nights watch got shit on (flashback), Stannis doing his own crazy thing (show a flashback of them meeting and Stannis telling them to fuckoff), Badass worg Bran,-EDITED OUT-, Daeny on a boat with a huge army of boats and older dragons... and whatever other story I forgot.
This is basically the worst idea I've ever heard. Shit is literally about to go down as far as we can tell and you just want to skip it. Not only that, but it would appear that both wildlings and the undead are knocking on the doorstep as it is.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
my one complaint about the show is that it's impossible to understand the scope of the white walker conflict. i mean we only hear about them occasionally and we've seen them two or three times over the course of three seasons. how are we supposed to take the impending war seriously under those circumstances?

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Mance not reading the old books is fine. The stupid part is that you have Wildlings scaling the wall multiple times in their lives and you're telling me that in 8000 years they haven't explored every inch of the wall looking for vulnerabilities and shit. Especially near the abandoned castles and they didn't find a god damn tunnel and a ladder?

I know that it is nitpicky as shit, but that just irked me.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
I took the fact that they built a 500 mile wall thats 700 feet tall out of solid ice and have an entire cultural saying that refers to the white walkers and that they have said multiple times almost nothing can kill them and everyone fears them more than anything else as a sign that....these guys may be legit.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
my one complaint about the show is that it's impossible to understand the scope of the white walker conflict. i mean we only hear about them occasionally and we've seen them two or three times over the course of three seasons. how are we supposed to take the impending war seriously under those circumstances?
They do seem to be marching slowly. But I think the reason many people are aloof about the situation is because they're seen as a fairy tale. Something that you hear about as a child to scare you but doesn't actually exist.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Also we don't know it was a beeline, she could have just been the first person/family memeber he came across.
C'mon. Dude was still dressed in rags. He definitely beelined to her. I don't think much could break the bond they have.

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Tywin Lannister: Dead Man Shitting? Oberyn poisoned Tywin?

?Where will I find my lord father??
?In the solar with Lord Tyrell and Prince Oberyn.?
Mace Tyrell and the Red Viper breaking bread together? Strange and stranger.
?Jaime and Ser Meryn Trant, upon Jaime?s return to King?s Landing

?Widow?s blood, this one is called, for the color. A cruel potion. It shuts down a man?s bladder and bowels, until he drowns in his own poisons.?
?Grand Maester Pycelle, during Tyrion?s trial

?To be sure, I have much to thank your sister for. If not for her accusation at the feast, it might well be you judging me instead of me judging you.? The prince?s eyes were dark with amusement. ?Who knows more of poison than the Red Viper of Dorne, after all??
[?]
?Your father,? said Prince Oberyn, ?may not live forever.?
Something about the way he said it made the hairs on the back of Tyrion?s neck bristle. Suddenly he was mindful of Elia again, and all that Oberyn had said as they crossed the field of ashes. He wants the head that spoke the words, not just the hand that swung the sword. ?It is not wise to speak such treasons in the Red Keep, my prince. The little birds are listening.?
?Let them. Is it treason to say a man is mortal? Valar morghulis was how they said it in Valyria of old. All men must die. And the Doom came and proved it true.?
?Prince Oberyn Martell and Tyrion, in Tyrion?s cell

He found his father where he knew he?d find him, seated in the dimness of the privy tower, bedrobe hiked up around his hips.
[?]
For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosened in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.
Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold.
?from Tyrion?s assassination of Tywin during his escape from the black cells

The King?s Hand was rotting visibly. His face had taken on a greenish tinge, and his eyes were deeply sunken, two black pits. Fissures had opened in his cheeks, and a foul white fluid was seeping through the joints of his splendid gold-and-crimson armor to pool beneath his body.
[?]
Red-eyed and pale, Cersei climbed the steps to kneel above their father, drawing Tommen down beside her. The boy recoiled at the sight, but his mother seized his wrist before he could pull away.?Pray,? she whispered, and Tommen tried. But he was only eight and Lord Tywin was a horror. One desperate breath of air, then the king began to sob.?Stop that!? Cersei said. Tommen turned his head and doubled over, retching. His crown fell off and rolled across the marble floor. His mother pulled back in disgust, and all at once the king was running for the doors, as fast as his eight-year-old legs could carry him.
?Ser Osmund, relieve me,? Jaime said sharply, as Kettleblack turned to chase the crown. He handed the man the golden sword and went after his king. In the Hall of Lamps he caught him, beneath the eyes of two dozen startled septas. ?I?m sorry,? Tommen wept. ?I will do better on the morrow. Mother says a king must show the way, but the smell made me sick.?
This will not do. Too many eager ears and watching eyes.?Best we go outside, Your Grace.? Jaime led the boy out to where the air was as fresh and clean as King?s Landing ever got. Twoscore gold cloaks had been posted around the plaza to guard the horses and the litters. He took the king off to the side, well away from everyone, and sat him down upon the marble steps. ?I wasn?t scared,? the boy insisted. ?The smell made me sick. Didn?t it make you sick? How could you bear it, Uncle, ser??
?Jaime, Cersei, and Tommen, during Tywin?s funeral.
I?m just saying: means, motive, opportunity.