GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Tough to show the white walkers considering this story is told through the perspective of many characters, only a couple of which have seen the white walkers.

iannis

Musty Nester
I would not want to watch myself acting either, I'd probably hyper criticize everything I did "Oh I could have done that line better," or "Oh they picked the reading I liked least in editing" etc.

I imagine its a pretty frustrating experience.
The experience of it is completely different too. We've seen the outdoor sets pictures. What would an actor working there have to -really- say about it other than "we stood around all day, did about 2-3 hours of work. Ooooh, it was cold that day!"

Even the indoor sets. How many times did Dinklage and Sansha walk down that garden path in front of a camera? Maybe they're pro's and it only took 1-2 walks. But what could they have to say about it besides "we walked down this path and said our lines. You could smell someone was eating brownies. It was so distracting."

Not really gripping testimony. A lot of times it is better to not peek behind the curtain. There's a lot of mundane shit that goes into making something like that.

As the Master Thespian says, "That's ACTING!"

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Tywin Lannister: Dead Man Shitting? Oberyn poisoned Tywin?

"Where will I find my lord father?"
"In the solar with Lord Tyrell and Prince Oberyn."
Mace Tyrell and the Red Viper breaking bread together? Strange and stranger.
-Jaime and Ser Meryn Trant, upon Jaime's return to King's Landing

"Widow's blood, this one is called, for the color. A cruel potion. It shuts down a man's bladder and bowels, until he drowns in his own poisons."
-Grand Maester Pycelle, during Tyrion's trial

"To be sure, I have much to thank your sister for. If not for her accusation at the feast, it might well be you judging me instead of me judging you." The prince's eyes were dark with amusement. "Who knows more of poison than the Red Viper of Dorne, after all?"
[.]
"Your father," said Prince Oberyn, "may not live forever."
Something about the way he said it made the hairs on the back of Tyrion's neck bristle. Suddenly he was mindful of Elia again, and all that Oberyn had said as they crossed the field of ashes. He wants the head that spoke the words, not just the hand that swung the sword. "It is not wise to speak such treasons in the Red Keep, my prince. The little birds are listening."
"Let them. Is it treason to say a man is mortal? Valar morghulis was how they said it in Valyria of old. All men must die. And the Doom came and proved it true."
-Prince Oberyn Martell and Tyrion, in Tyrion's cell

He found his father where he knew he'd find him, seated in the dimness of the privy tower, bedrobe hiked up around his hips.
[.]
For once, his father did what Tyrion asked him. The proof was the sudden stench, as his bowels loosened in the moment of death. Well, he was in the right place for it, Tyrion thought. But the stink that filled the privy gave ample evidence that the oft-repeated jape about his father was just another lie.
Lord Tywin Lannister did not, in the end, shit gold.
-from Tyrion's assassination of Tywin during his escape from the black cells

The King's Hand was rotting visibly. His face had taken on a greenish tinge, and his eyes were deeply sunken, two black pits. Fissures had opened in his cheeks, and a foul white fluid was seeping through the joints of his splendid gold-and-crimson armor to pool beneath his body.
[.]
Red-eyed and pale, Cersei climbed the steps to kneel above their father, drawing Tommen down beside her. The boy recoiled at the sight, but his mother seized his wrist before he could pull away."Pray," she whispered, and Tommen tried. But he was only eight and Lord Tywin was a horror. One desperate breath of air, then the king began to sob."Stop that!" Cersei said. Tommen turned his head and doubled over, retching. His crown fell off and rolled across the marble floor. His mother pulled back in disgust, and all at once the king was running for the doors, as fast as his eight-year-old legs could carry him.
"Ser Osmund, relieve me," Jaime said sharply, as Kettleblack turned to chase the crown. He handed the man the golden sword and went after his king. In the Hall of Lamps he caught him, beneath the eyes of two dozen startled septas. "I'm sorry," Tommen wept. "I will do better on the morrow. Mother says a king must show the way, but the smell made me sick."
This will not do. Too many eager ears and watching eyes."Best we go outside, Your Grace." Jaime led the boy out to where the air was as fresh and clean as King's Landing ever got. Twoscore gold cloaks had been posted around the plaza to guard the horses and the litters. He took the king off to the side, well away from everyone, and sat him down upon the marble steps. "I wasn't scared," the boy insisted. "The smell made me sick. Didn't it make you sick? How could you bear it, Uncle, ser?"
-Jaime, Cersei, and Tommen, during Tywin's funeral.
I'm just saying: means, motive, opportunity.
I'm confused; was Tywin a merman or not?

Szlia

Jamie wanting or not to continue his incestuous relationship with Cersei does not change the fact that he knows she is the only person genuinely worried about his whereabouts, so going straight to her is the logical thing to do.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I'm not one to re-read a series multiple times but I am definitely going to read SoS again before the next season... and probably Feast as well depending on how much shit they end up taking from that and putting it into Season 4.

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
He doesn't care about him as a person, he cares about him as far as carrying on the family name....which Tyrion can do as well.

I would think after the conversion he and Tyrion had it was very obvious Tywin doesn't really give a crap about any of them really.

Disp_sl

shitlord
Tywin probably won't care about him any more with only 1 hand. Add that with the incest rumors and Jaime will probably be dead to him.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Tywin probably won't care about him any more with only 1 hand. Add that with the incest rumors and Jaime will probably be dead to him.
It's doubtful that Tywin cares much about him on a personal level, but after that lecture when Tywin was first introduced to the show about how 'legacy' was the single most important thing to him, Jaime will never be dead to him unless he manages to really trash the Lannister name/house, at which point he might decide to disinherit Jaime in favor of Tywin's brother whatshisname. Hell, Tywin is portrayed as being pretty smart, so he probably had his incest suspicions long before Jon Arryn started digging around.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Jamie is part of the King's Guard so he can't have legitimate children anyways, right?

Slaythe

<Bronze Donator>
Mance not reading the old books is fine. The stupid part is that you have Wildlings scaling the wall multiple times in their lives and you're telling me that in 8000 years they haven't explored every inch of the wall looking for vulnerabilities and shit. Especially near the abandoned castles and they didn't find a god damn tunnel and a ladder?

I know that it is nitpicky as shit, but that just irked me.
Yeah. I mean this is the exact point I was trying to make just exaggerating about Sam's book reading skills.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
Nor hold any titles or lands. However, Cersei and Joffrey have already created a precedent in which someone has, for the first time, been dismissed from the Kingsguard (Ser Barristan Selmy).

Disp_sl

shitlord
Jaime will never be dead to him unless he manages to really trash the Lannister name/house, at which point he might decide to disinherit Jaime in favor of Tywin's brother whatshisname.
Hasn't this already pretty much happened though? Incest rumors have pretty much been confirmed to every king and lord in the world, and the only thing that Jaime was good at was taken away from him when he lost his hand. That and being part of the King's Guard like Tenks said makes it so he can't marry or basically own anything. Just seems like the only value he carries is the family name, but he's probably lower on the totem pole than even Tyrion now.

Tenks

Not a chance Jamie is lower on the totem pole than Tyrion to Tywin. Tywin isn't a dumb man I'm sure he knew what was going on way, way before possibly even Joff's birth. I don't think Tywin gets overly personal when it comes to positioning his family for success. Tyrion is refusing to have sex with his wife to produce a son so I'm sure Tywin is still pretty salty about that.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Tyrion is refusing to have sex with his wife to produce a son so I'm sure Tywin is still pretty salty about that.
Tyrion gonna snuggle up to Sansa just fine once daddy forcefully removes Shea from the picture. I don't read the books so if I'm right about this you bookeys just pretend I didn't say it and that'll be that.

Tenks

I don't know if it is Shay being around that is preventing him. I think Tyrion just feels nothing for Sansa and views here as a child in a terrible circumstance.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
I don't know if it is Shay being around that is preventing him. I think Tyrion just feels nothing for Sansa and views here as a child in a terrible circumstance.
Wow you are just all sorts of wrong here. They've been pretty explicit about what's going on in the latter part of the season. Tyrion loves Shae, but Sansa is a little hottie he'd love to nurture and shelter and bed even if he doesn't quite know it yet.