GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I can't help but feel like this whole Mountain/Oberyn thing was changed from the books. Tywin says that he'll deliver the Mountain to Oberyn, if he helps in the trial/brings Dorn into the fold. Yet he allows Cercei to name the Mountain her champion, knowing full well that Oberyn is going to want a piece of that. I don't know, something about it seems out of place.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I can't believe this is even being discussed(not necessarily here, but apparently there are people genuinely butthurt about it). I've read the books a few times and it didn't even occur to me that the line was changed. Who gives a shit?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I think it's mostly due to looking forward to a line and then seeing them change it. A lot of people were talking about this episode as the 'only cat' episode.

Column_sl

shitlord
Let's not have that discussion here please. It just opens up the discussion to people that have read the books to come in here ,and wreck our little Shangri-La.

I swear they are salivating with any thought they can ruin other people's enjoyment of only watching the TV series.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
It just looked weird to me when Sansa was building Winterfell. In the books it worked because she's a lot younger but she looks way too old to do that kind of thing on the show. The scene needed to happen regardless.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Plenty of tv-only viewers would have been "Cat who?" if he had said "only Cat". It was beautifully handled in the tv show. As stupid to complain about this change as Ghost barking.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Gregor Clegane introduction really let me down. From the casting photos I thought they'd done a good job, as did most people. But he just came across as a large child to me, he looked retarded in the first shot of his face. His swordplay skills were atrocious at best. His one line had a horribly flat delivery. Nothing about the scene, especially not him killing poorly armed and unarmored peasants, made me feel like this guy should be intimidating. For me they would have been better off letting him be a character only referenced in the conversations of others
First Gregor was the best Gregor. It is way too bad he ended up leaving the show.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It just looked weird to me when Sansa was building Winterfell. In the books it worked because she's a lot younger but she looks way too old to do that kind of thing on the show. The scene needed to happen regardless.
Yeah it was weird and the actress playing Sansa didn't didn't really sell the idea she was pissed that he knocked over her stupid snow castle. Also how th efuck did she make such a good snow castle, is she a snow castle prodigy?

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is how good Lino Facioli (plays Robin Arryn) is. He pretty much goes full retard in every scene and it's perfectly awkward and believable.

Goatface

thought it was the best episode in a long time. Daenerys' story is still weak. don't think the mountain looks mean at all. the other parts were great.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
Yeah it was weird and the actress playing Sansa didn't didn't really sell the idea she was pissed that he knocked over her stupid snow castle. Also how th efuck did she make such a good snow castle, is she a snow castle prodigy?

One thing that I haven't seen mentioned is how good Lino Facioli (plays Robin Arryn) is. He pretty much goes full retard in every scene and it's perfectly awkward and believable.
She grew up in the "north" I grew up in the north too and could make some kickass snow forts as a kid, not a huge leap she could shape some square objects.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Yeah her story line isn't very intriguing or exciting but at least it's decent character development I suppose. Though it tends to just be the same thing over and over at this point.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Considering the previous scene he was mackin all over Cats daughter, and he had JUST called her Cat and even if you have only been half-ass paying attention to the story like I do you KNOW that Littlefinger is utterly obsessed with the Lady Katelyn Stark. It's a defining motivation for him in a couple of his appearances, and he goes into some detail about how much he wanted to bone her and never did. I think it would have been perfectly fine to say "Only Cat". Plus the line would have sounded better finishing with, "Only Cat" rather than "Your Sister".

"All my life I have loved only one woman. My entire life. Only one. Only Cat."
-----------------------------------------------------------------Your Sister."

That first is just a stronger spoken line. I wonder if it was an accidental adlib and they just didn't fix it, because whatever reason.
It works both ways for me.

"Only Cat" comes across as more introverted of Petyr and his love of her.
"Your Sister" seems more vindictive towards Lysa.

He was pretty pissed off at her having just given the whole, "What do we do to people who hurt the ones we love?" speech to Sansa. But I'm with others, it didn't even occur to me that the line was changed because while the scene was great in the book it just didn't stick out like some others. The TV version was just fine and with such a damn awesome episode as a whole I won't dwell on such a small change.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Given what we know the only explanation that would even reasonably make sense is that Tyrion's speech just infuriated Tywin to the point that he was done. But if you look at how badly this goes for Tywin, even without the gutshot, it really sucks not to have more behind the scenes stuff about how and why he allowed all of this to happen.
Well the big departure from the books is that Tyrion only learns of his fathers plan to send him to the wall at Crossbow point on the shitter. I've always found it to be an interesting discussion whether or not Tywin was lying.

The show goes in an entirely different direction which kills that debate.

Szlia

I can't help but feel like this whole Mountain/Oberyn thing was changed from the books. Tywin says that he'll deliver the Mountain to Oberyn, if he helps in the trial/brings Dorn into the fold. Yet he allows Cercei to name the Mountain her champion, knowing full well that Oberyn is going to want a piece of that. I don't know, something about it seems out of place.
Maybe he thinks the Mountain will kill Oberyn in a straight battle. A trial by combat seems like a good way to kill an enemy without having to worry about any kind of additional rancor from his family as the deceased willingly took part in the fight.