Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
impossible. He has to die.
hqdefault.jpg

What a twist!

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Let's not have that discussion here please. It just opens up the discussion to people that have read the books to come in here ,and wreck our little Shangri-La.

I swear they are salivating with any thought they can ruin other people's enjoyment of only watching the TV series.
My wife read the books and shes been awsome not giving away a single plot. Hell she even has these long discussions with me about coulda/woulda/shoulda even though she knows what happens haha.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Bron fighting for Tyrion would have been seriously out of character and he explained it very well to both Tyrion and us.
Yep. Glad people who haven't read the books really noticed that. It's truly one of my favorite moments where GRRM doesn't sell out and "keeps it real". The actor did a great job showing that Bronn was almost choked up as he left, he does truly care about Tyrion maybe even like a brother, but for fucks sake, fight a 7ft tall man... or go from peasant to noble? How many of us would jump in the ring against Mike Tyson in his prime in a fight to the death for someone who wasn't family?

I swear they are salivating with any thought they can ruin other people's enjoyment of only watching the TV series.
If they do, they're cunts. I get a great deal of pleasure seeing how you folks react, and it can really be insightful.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Yeah her story line isn't very intriguing or exciting but at least it's decent character development I suppose. Though it tends to just be the same thing over and over at this point.
The show is on TV here with no ad breaks. When Daenery's part came on last night, it was perfect time for a toilet break.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
I was hoping somehow, someway, they could fit it in that the Tyrion named the Hound as his champion. What an epic fight that would have been.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Yep. Glad people who haven't read the books really noticed that. It's truly one of my favorite moments where GRRM doesn't sell out and "keeps it real". The actor did a great job showing that Bronn was almost choked up as he left, he does truly care about Tyrion maybe even like a brother, but for fucks sake, fight a 7ft tall man... or go from peasant to noble? How many of us would jump in the ring against Mike Tyson in his prime in a fight to the death for someone who wasn't family?
I also thought how great it was that Tyrion mentioned how great it would be to have Jaime fight and die to the mountain just to fuck over Tywin, and Jaime gave this wistful look like, yeah that would be great, but didn't really acknowledge it as a legitimate option.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I also thought how great it was that Tyrion mentioned how great it would be to have Jaime fight and die to the mountain just to fuck over Tywin, and Jaime gave this wistful look like, yeah that would be great, but didn't really acknowledge it as a legitimate option.
Yeah, it works both ways. I was a little disappointed in Tyrion. I get that he's at Deaths Door. But do you really ask your brother to throw his life away too? Was sadface during that scene.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, it works both ways. I was a little disappointed in Tyrion. I get that he's at Deaths Door. But do you really ask your brother to throw his life away too? Was sadface during that scene.
Yeah I agree. Trying to get Jamie or even Bronn to fight the Mountain is extremely selfish in a way that I wouldn't expect from Tyrion. But I think those scenes had to be shown just to show how desperate Tyrion was and how he had no options.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Tyrion is pissed at the world right now. It's totally believable he'd throw that out there.

He should have picked up on the fact that Oberyn was gonna champion for him way earlier than he did as well, but with all the shit the world has thrown at him, it just wasn't on his radar.

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Yeah I agree. Trying to get Jamie or even Bronn to fight the Mountain is extremely selfish in a way that I wouldn't expect from Tyrion. But I think those scenes had to be shown just to show how desperate Tyrion was and how he had no options.
Clever bitch that Cersei. I thought it was agiventhat Bronn would fight for Tyrion. When he walked in all dressed up it hit me like a truck that Cersei had done her homework and I knew (at the time) Tyrion was fucked with a capital F.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
He's my favorite character, but yeah he has to die, if he lives then Tyrion is seen as innocent and a good book and a half worth of shit doesnt happen.

Something I've noticed is that a bunch of show watchers basically think Oberyn has no chance at all against the Mountain, where as in the book it felt to me like the Mountain was almost certainly dead. They really didn't play up his deadlyness in the show I guess.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
Bitch clearly didn't do her homework enough. I suspect Oberyn is an even greater threat to the mountain than Bronn and she should have realized as soon as she picked the mountain he'd champion for Tyrion to get a shot at him.

Of course, I suspect Tywin suggested it to her so he could say to Oberyn, hey, I had planned for you to take him on all along.

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Not clever enough, however. Choosing the Mountain as her champion might turn out to be a big mistake.

Oberyn is giving Tywin a run for his money when it comes to my favorite character on the show. The scene with him and Tyrion was incredible.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
He's my favorite character, but yeah he has to die, if he lives then Tyrion is seen as innocent and a good book and a half worth of shit doesnt happen.

Something I've noticed is that a bunch of show watchers basically think Oberyn has no chance at all against the Mountain, where as in the book it felt to me like the Mountain was almost certainly dead. They really didn't play up his deadlyness in the show I guess.
I thought it was assumed that all of the peasants/royals thought Oberyn was insane for taking on the Mountain. He does it and completely fucks the guy up, and screws up at the last second by staying within reach of the disabled Mountain who then smashes his skull in.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
"Oberyn is giving Tywin a run for his money when it comes to my favorite character on the show."

Oh god help I can't breath

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Pascal is doing a fucking amazing job in this role as the Red Viper. He has nailed it in almost every scene he has been in, and brings a different kind of awesome to the show, that isnt the Lannister (Tyrion Tywin Jamie) kind, or the unscrupulously loyal type awesome (Davos). It reflects his Dornish background that much more as he isnt from that area of the realm, and the show was in dire need of that.

He is slicker than most characters on the show, yet still humorous enough to not feel pretentious. Just really good acting. In contrast to the guy they brought in to be the Mountain. Not saying Conan Stevens is a good actor, but this guy seems too young and looks kind of like a dim-witted jock. I dunno, Ian Whyte sucked in the role as well so maybe this was the best of the worse.

Lendarios

Trump's Staff
<Gold Donor>
Called it!! Even tyrion agreed with me, how it will ruin fathers plan to have Jamie as the champion.

Regarding the monutain, maybe a couple of scars in his body would made him more menacing. But Jesus the guy is a second place strongmen, and he looks like a character named the mountain will look. He is a mountain of flesh. quite figuratively.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
"Oberyn is giving Tywin a run for his money when it comes to my favorite character on the show."

Oh god help I can't breath
I'm going to wait until he dies, and go through and give +Tuconets to each person who loves Oberyn because I feel so bad for them.