GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Abefroman

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Called it!! Even tyrion agreed with me, how it will ruin fathers plan to have Jamie as the champion.

Regarding the monutain, maybe a couple of scars in his body would made him more menacing. But Jesus the guy is a second place strongmen, and he looks like a character named the mountain will look. He is a mountain of flesh. quite figuratively.
I still think this is all part Tywin's plan. I refuse to believe that the master stratigest got blindsided by Tyrion's trial by combat play. I'm also sure he had to have some say in naming the mountain the champion. If Mountain wins then that takes care of Oberyn being a pest and can still lawyer his way with Jamie saying how it was Tyrion's fault for not taking the deal and he held up his end of the bargin. If the mountain losses then he has fulfilled his deal with Oberyn and Tyrion's life is spared and Jamie still becomes his heir.

Then again I never see shit coming in this show and am usually wrong.

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
I miss the first Mountain.
frown.png

Sebudai

Ssraeszha Raider
Having to wait two weeks for the next episode. This is probably what it felt like to be a Jew in Auschwitz.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
When they get a Victarian being the Iron Captain and fucking people up the Greyjoys will get interesting on the show . Also there is all the stuff with the Manderlys eating the Frey's. Plenty of good stuff.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
As a fan of Breaking Bad, I can say, GOT just blows it away. Its not even close.
I think that's a little much. In terms of how awesome each show is, it depends on your tastes. From an acting/writing standpoint, they are both very close at times. I just think as time goes by, you forget how awesome some things were. An amazingly written/acted scene that you JUST saw is going to seem more impressive then one from a few years ago. 'I am the one who knocks' or when he goes to Tuco's office with what LOOKS like meth (and the aftermath of that) are just a few examples of scenes that had my jaw on the ground from that show. There's probably a dozen more, and GOT hasn't reached that many yet.

It's still an amazing show, and I put it on par with shows like Breaking Bad and The Wire, but once you get that good, it all depends on preference. I wouldn't be able to rank any of them better or worse then the others, personally.

Xevy

Log Wizard
So of all the characters we want to see future stuff from.. it's going to probably be Sansa. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

I thought the Melisandre thing was interesting expose showing that she isn't as magic-ee as everyone thinks. Just kinda magic-ee with womb ghosts and soothsaying.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
mel's powers are not so much innate like the red priest or bran, they are more or less through the use of magical devices. she is half a fraud.

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
im surprised nobody in the no spoiler thread caught on that bronn totally lied to tyrion when he said that shae was on the ship to pentos. dude sold him out before joffrey even died.
Wasn't this kind of downplayed by him saying he put her on the ship and then bitching about not sticking around to watch it sail off or something

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
So of all the characters we want to see future stuff from.. it's going to probably be Sansa. Fuuuuuuuuuck.

I thought the Melisandre thing was interesting expose showing that she isn't as magic-ee as everyone thinks. Just kinda magic-ee with womb ghosts and soothsaying.
Doesn't she actually explain that later on when they're at the wall and they just moved the conversation up to this moment?

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Wasn't this kind of downplayed by him saying he put her on the ship and then bitching about not sticking around to watch it sail off or something
Nah he was bullshitting Tyrion and Tyrion knew it even though he could do nothing about it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Doesn't she actually explain that later on when they're at the wall and they just moved the conversation up to this moment?
i believe we get a pov chapter with her going through her box of magic stuff and how it was dwindling and that she felt weak or something.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
She has real power. She is a red priest. She does spice things up though with alchemy or what ever.

Antithesis

Bronze Knight of the Realm
she has no body tho.
Well, in comparison to the rest of the regular female cast that have gotten naked, her tiddays are the best. Natalie Dormer's scene where she got topless I couldn't help but notice her itty bittys were on the saggy side, and while I think Emilia Clarke is the most beautiful woman on the show, her right areola is noticeably larger than her left ( and in one scene looked to be pretty close to pancake territory) which to me I believe is erotic as hell but I'll concede that most folks would consider imperfect.

Lena Headey is just.. meh.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
It was basically "oh look at all of these old tricks I used to rely on but now I have real power"

However, said power also drains her in some way. Turning Mance into Rattleshirt was a massive undertaking for her. Yet Faceless Men can do it with ease. Different schools of magic? Or same trick, but projecting it onto others is a much bigger deal? Not something GRRM is likely to ever elaborate on.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
It was basically "oh look at all of these old tricks I used to rely on but now I have real power"

However, said power also drains her in some way. Turning Mance into Rattleshirt was a massive undertaking for her. Yet Faceless Men can do it with ease. Different schools of magic? Or same trick, but projecting it onto others is a much bigger deal? Not something GRRM is likely to ever elaborate on.
Faceless Men talk about that with Arya. IIRC: They explain that "Glamour" Mel's trick relies on cheap illusions that are easily penetrated.