GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Jait

Molten Core Raider
This season is such a HUGE transition. Hound, Tywin, Oberyn, Mountain, etc... I can't help but think they'll all be bitter and have no idea how the story can get better after such changes. Then Tyrion ends up with Jorah, Arya ends up in Braavos, and the story does get even better. But they'll have 9-10 months to rage over it.

ohkcrlho

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Arya is awesome
smile.png

Merlin_sl

shitlord
Not clever enough, however. Choosing the Mountain as her champion might turn out to be a big mistake.

Oberyn is giving Tywin a run for his money when it comes to my favorite character on the show. The scene with him and Tyrion was incredible.
I dunno. If Bronn doesn't want anything to do with him that worries me. The Hound held his own in that short fight they had. I would give my left nut to see that fight.

Sterling

El Presidente
This season is such a HUGE transition. Hound, Tywin, Oberyn, Mountain, etc... I can't help but think they'll all be bitter and have no idea how the story can get better after such changes. Then Tyrion ends up with Jorah, Arya ends up in Braavos, and the story does get even better. But they'll have 9-10 months to rage over it.
Which is delightful

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
It's debatable on whether the story gets better after Storm of Swords. Depending on how much shit they add to the next season I could see it experiencing a drop off in viewership, we'll see.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think they will tidy up the frayed ends of the story enough to keep it good.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
A Storm of Swords is considered the pinnacle of the books for a reason.

The story just needs to build up again. So many powerful characters have all been killed off, it's not like you can match that pace in every book.

Book 4/5 feels like the story goes sideways instead of forwards because it has to. But that's largely irrelevant on the tv show because we're already getting some of the stuff it fills in, and all time it spends on giving us new POVs of existing characters is meaningless on the show. Like the boatloads of Cercei that we suddenly get - annoying, paranoid, borderline psychotic Cercei. It doesn't exactly make for fun reading. We already hate the twat, hearing her thoughts is like being subjected to bee torture.

In other words, it'll play out better on the show.

Cybsled

Book 6 will be done enough to allow for season 6 to follow close enough (and perhaps 5 in parts). Season 7 (maybe the last) will be the true question mark. There's not many holy shit moments left beyond Jon getting shanked and Dany flying off.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
It reflects his Dornish background that much more as he isnt from that area of the realm, and the show was in dire need of that.
I love everything about the character as well and any scene with him or Tywin are the ones I look forward to most, but I don't think the show was in dire need of him. Sure, it's even more amazing with Oberyn, but it would still be the best show on tv without him.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I don't know, Quentyn getting roasted will be a pretty good ending scene, as will a few Victarion scenes.

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
Quentyn, a shit ton of Tyrion's stories are interesting, Jorah being banished, Bran getting to the tree, Stannis showing up at the wall, Josh getting rekt, Kings moot, Arya starting her training, Myercella story, there's still a bunch of shocking stuff that's going to happen, people just forget about book 4 and 5 because they think they weren't good. Personally I enjoyed them just as much, if not more than book 3.

Loving that they took out that worthless ass singer that was following Petyr and Sansa.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
is the war at the wall this season?
Episode 9. Ygritte probably dies in episode 8 along with Oberyn. HBO episode summaries confirm that the mannis shows up to save the day, not sure if it happens at the start of the finale or at the end of 9 though.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I think I posted this already but it's going to be really funny to me when everyone is pissed that Tywin dies because of how awesome Charles Dance and the show runners have made him. He's become the villain that people root for for fuck's sake.

They should have him live and then have Varys kill him later in place of Kevan.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Episode 9. Ygritte probably dies in episode 8 along with Oberyn. HBO episode summaries confirm that the mannis shows up to save the day, not sure if it happens at the start of the finale or at the end of 9 though.
damn, we are gonna have a lot of butthurt tv watchers in 3 weeks

A Storm of Swords is considered the pinnacle of the books for a reason.

The story just needs to build up again. So many powerful characters have all been killed off, it's not like you can match that pace in every book.

Book 4/5 feels like the story goes sideways instead of forwards because it has to. But that's largely irrelevant on the tv show because we're already getting some of the stuff it fills in, and all time it spends on giving us new POVs of existing characters is meaningless on the show. Like the boatloads of Cercei that we suddenly get - annoying, paranoid, borderline psychotic Cercei. It doesn't exactly make for fun reading. We already hate the twat, hearing her thoughts is like being subjected to bee torture.

In other words, it'll play out better on the show.
I feel like the real problem could be just too many different storylines. We're down to 2 books left and I can list at least 3 of the big storylines that I don't give a shit about: Daenerys until she actually does something Westeros related, all of the Greyjoys minus Theon, and the wildlings/Karstark crap at the wall. And stuff keeps getting added, like the Sam stuff at the Citadel could be cool, but holy shit we're running out of books.

I have a feeling Book 6 could be a pretty huge bloodbath just to cull some of the ongoing plot lines, like I'm guessing the Stannis shit is going to get more or less resolved one way or the other.

gmstbfla_sl

shitlord
Cersei unraveling is the best part of book 4. And I don't really see the show slowing down in season 5. When you're reading through like 2000 pages of book, sure it can get tedious. But by compressing everything down to less than 10 hours of television, its pretty much packed full of action. There are even plenty of game changing events that everyone loves so much. Hell, half of the people who watch the show are going to absolutely cream themselves when Dany gets on Drogon.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
im surprised nobody in the no spoiler thread caught on that bronn totally lied to tyrion when he said that shae was on the ship to pentos. dude sold him out before joffrey even died.