GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
The big question in my mind is does she really trust littlefinger? If she does then I think high sparrow is just a lesson in power to her son. Just like Ned Stark took his kids out and cut that guys head off in front of them in the first episode Cersie is putting Tommen in same position of watching Littlefinger kill High Sparrow. We all saw how Cersie reacted to Littlefinger questioning her authority in the past. High Sparrow has now committed a much graver public humiliation upon Tommen.
I do think this is a lesson in power for Tommen but not the one you think. Cersei isn't trying to teach him what it takes to lead, she is manipulating him by creating a situation that he is not prepared to handle and once Tommen feels totally helpless dear old mommy Cersei will swoop in to save the day. This is a gentle nudge to remind him that mommy can be a valuable ally. The only way Cersei can stay relevant in this new world is for her son to continue to need her. Thats really the only thing that makes sense to me considering her motivation is that she already feels threatened that they are going to send her away to insignificance and she will lose any power she has.

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>
Regarding Tommen, don't forget Highgarden is pretty much run by the women and the men are essentially just figureheads. That was part of the reason Margery's grandmother had Joffrey killed...she knew he couldn't be controlled, so they decided to go with Tommen, who they (correctly) identified would be far easier to control and manage.
Wasn't it revealed that it was Littlefinger who had Joffery killed? I didn't think the Tyrells had any involvement. Even though they were probably very pleased by the outcome.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I feel like even if the Sons were pit fighters the Unsullied could have easily taken the entire group out if they stayed in formation. They have shields and long spears. The others had short daggers.

Tenks

Cersei even admitted to the high sparrow earlier the episode she's a fucked up sinner.

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
There are lot of way it can play out I agree. Most of them involve a dead High Sparrow though.

It occurs to me that Jon Snow is asking for reinforcements at the wall could the Sparrows be heading north involuntarily by the Kings command.

Cybsled

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Wasn't it revealed that it was Littlefinger who had Joffery killed? I didn't think the Tyrells had any involvement. Even though they were probably very pleased by the outcome.
Queen of Thorns actually told Marg that she was involved in the murder plot right after the murder and explained her reasoning. Paraphrasing it was basically "I couldn't let you marry that psycho. Btw, lemme give you secrets on how to guarantee you seduce your new husband to be and get him under your control!".

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Littlefinger and Lady Tyrell worked together on it. Littlefinger procured the poison necklace and facilitated Sansa's escape but Lady Tyrell actually took the poison gem off of Sansa and put it in Joffrey's drink.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Cersei is definitely in over her head. She's not as smart as she thinks she is. We've seen this happen to her before, but now she's not as untouchable as before. Shit's gonna go down.

Column_sl

shitlord
What the fuck is up with the White Walkers, are they walking around the Wall or something?

Weren't they at the wall like 2 years ago haha. At this rate they will never take over anything.

The Ancient_sl

shitlord
What the fuck is up with the White Walkers, are they walking around the Wall or something?

Weren't they at the wall like 2 years ago haha. At this rate they will never take over anything.
Still waiting for that winter that's coming.

Any day now

Totally gonna get some winter

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Winter really needed to come a while ago. Unless they plan on fast forwarding us at some point like 3 years later and it's the depths of Winter.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
You'd have to be retarded to not be able to see something like that coming. Seriously like you'd just have to be dumb.

Honestly.

Lets give religious zealots limitless authority? What could possibly go wrong!!! It's a basic theme of the entire story. EVERYTHING will go wrong.

I haven't read the books. They're... not that good, fellahs. They're overly verbose in scope, overly clipped in phrasing, and generally purposeless in vision. The show is ok. Ye olde chaine maille. You gotta be a hipster nerd to hate the show. It's no Sparticus, but it's ok.

I am liking this season a lot more than the previous ones.
You have not read them but you know they are not good.

Okyeah.gif here.

khorum

Murder Apologist
hbo isn't going to send out screeners next year, instead stream it online for press
Someone wasn??Tt careful with their dragons, and now HBO screeners are going digital The A.V. Club

i dunno though i haven't look at ratings numbers or anything but the buzz around this show seems to be down a LOT this year compared to last. I could even see the show ending next season if this season doesn't pick up in quality.
I'm curious what "buzz" you've heard that from. The trades are pretty shocked at how the show is performing now. The premiere shattered records with8.6million viewers... which is 17.5% more than the last season premiereand the most recent episode also broke records for a mid-season episode.

Industry rags are actually buzzing about HBO's worldwide simultaneous release model for the show, which is a first for any cable prestige drama. If anything the other cable studios are fretting if they'll have to do likewise since it's basically a 'eureka' HBO had to capitalize on GoT being pirated so much that they need zero injection marketing in new territories like India and China.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
i dunno though i haven't look at ratings numbers or anything but the buzz around this show seems to be down a LOT this year compared to last. I could even see the show ending next season if this season doesn't pick up in quality.
lol ok

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
You'd have to be retarded to not be able to see something like that coming. Seriously like you'd just have to be dumb.

Honestly.

Lets give religious zealots limitless authority? What could possibly go wrong!!! It's a basic theme of the entire story. EVERYTHING will go wrong.

I haven't read the books. They're... not that good, fellahs. They're overly verbose in scope, overly clipped in phrasing, and generally purposeless in vision. The show is ok. Ye olde chaine maille. You gotta be a hipster nerd to hate the show. It's no Sparticus, but it's ok.

I am liking this season a lot more than the previous ones.
Regardless, if you're posting in this thread you shouldn't be "predicting" jack shit in the other.

Tenks

What isn't really connecting with me is Lorus seems pretty well liked in the kingdom. His sister is now queen and very, very well liked. However none of that matters and the public still seems fine with locking him up. I guess maybe the mob doesn't fear Tommen as much as they feared Joff (or did they actually fear Tywin?) as indicated by the incident at the church steppes where they were openly calling him an abomination.

I guess I don't know either if it is public knowledge of Lorus being gay. It sure as shit didn't seem like Sansa knew. Maybe the fact that he was so openly laying with a guy a few episodes ago when Marge walked in was supposed to convey he's starting to become careless with hiding it.

Siliconemelons

So is it this season that show meets or overtakes books or this episode? I know it's kinda here and there as I think some of the books overlapped character story and timelines.

Also I hope they go somewhere with the fact the king and his sister are incest children like what the crowed was yelling... would give the high sparrow the public sway to turn against them.