GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

khalid

Unelected Mod
there is definitely not much for book readers to look forward to anymore. no barristan v hizdahr scene. no griff, no quentin, no LSH, no kingsmoot or euron or victarion. no siege on riverrun and no blackfish. no oldtown most likely, no arya warg visions and probably no wight attack on hardhome.

whats left? walk of shame and frankenmountain? do they have areo hotah kill bronne or jaime? or both?
Walk of Shame
Frankenmountain
Frey's and Bolton's getting fucked
Snow getting Brutus'd
Drogon and Dany flying off
Battle of Meerren
Wildlings being merged with Stannis's army
Kevin lannister getting the Varys deal
Arya getting some sweet revenge

Basically lots of shit left, and that is just stuff directly out of the book to look forward to and not even a complete list.

khalid

Unelected Mod
More than the walk of shame btw, also really looking forward to how they do her getting jailed. That was more shocking to me than the walk of shame in the book.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Walk of Shame
Frankenmountain
Frey's and Bolton's getting fucked
Snow getting Brutus'd
Drogon and Dany flying off
Battle of Meerren
Wildlings being merged with Stannis's army
Kevin lannister getting the Varys deal
Arya getting some sweet revenge

Basically lots of shit left, and that is just stuff directly out of the book to look forward to and not even a complete list.
if varys is in mereen, i doubt we get to see him to kill kevan and pycelle. arya get revenge on whom? meryn fucking trent? thats not exactly a highlight for me. there is no indication that we get frey pies without LSH. the boltons in the books are still holding winterfell. jon snow is a given, but again we have no reason to believe they will go down the azor or l+r=j route. i dont care about the wildlings joining stannis.

khorum

Murder Apologist
What does LSH have to do with Frey pies? Darth Sansa and theon will prolly do Frey pies. They might even merge it with Roose and serve Roose some Ramsay sausage.

HUH_sl

shitlord
there is definitely not much for book readers to look forward to anymore. no barristan v hizdahr scene. no griff, no quentin, no LSH, no kingsmoot or euron or victarion. no siege on riverrun and no blackfish. no oldtown most likely, no arya warg visions and probably no wight attack on hardhome.

whats left? walk of shame and frankenmountain? do they have areo hotah kill bronne or jaime? or both?
Ep 8 is titled 'Hardhome' and from what we've seen from previews and behind the scenes clips they've extended it. Jon, wights and white walkers (maybe the Night's King) will be there. It will probably be their big action set piece for this season.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Ep 8 is titled 'Hardhome' and from what we've seen from previews and behind the scenes clips they've extended it. Jon, wights and white walkers (maybe the Night's King) will be there. It will probably be their big action set piece for this season.
if we get to actually see what happens in hardhome (not hear about it) then that may rock.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
if varys is in mereen, i doubt we get to see him to kill kevan and pycelle.
uh wut?

Why would he go to mereen? He was only going to deliver Tyrion. for all other matter's he has birds for that.

In the books he's in pento's with Illyrio, the only real change is he's playing Illyrio's role, traveling with Tyrion to deliver him. Now that Tyrion is gone dude is back in pento's sipping mai tai's in Illyrio's gardens. He only returns to KL during the epilogue of dance to kill Pycelle and Kevan.

idk why everyone thinks he's just living in hiding in the secret tunnels of the red keep for 2 fucking books. Or conversely, for the TV show assume he's going to show up to Dany empty handed and try to get in her good graces, her knowing that he was the person spying on her (who Jorah was corresponding with) and is responsible for multiple assassination attempts on her for her entire fucking life from age 0 til now.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
uh wut?

Why would he go to mereen? He was only going to deliver Tyrion. for all other matter's he has birds for that.

In the books he's in pento's with Illyrio, the only real change is he's playing Illyrio's role, traveling with Tyrion to deliver him. Now that Tyrion is gone dude is back in pento's sipping mai tai's in Illyrio's gardens. He only returns to KL during the epilogue of dance to kill Pycelle and Kevan.

idk why everyone thinks he's just living in hiding in the secret tunnels of the red keep for 2 fucking books. Or conversely, for the TV show assume he's going to show up to Dany empty handed and try to get in her good graces, her knowing that he was the person spying on her (who Jorah was corresponding with) and is responsible for multiple assassination attempts on her for her entire fucking life from age 0 til now.
because he is the architect of her career/life. if it wasnt for him she would be dead. if it wasnt for his deal making, she wouldnt have any dragons either. the book is no longer influencing this show like it used to, they are making shit up to fit a tv show. i think varys will head to mereen and will be the thing that keeps dany from killing tyrion on sight and possibly hire his counsel now that selmy is dead. after varys does all this, he may head back to KL but with griff not existing, quentyn not existing they may also keep varys in mereen and kevan may not be a player, maybe lancel kills him or something. its a whole new ballgame to these guys.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
because he is the architect of her career/life. if it wasnt for him she would be dead. if it wasnt for his deal making, she wouldnt have any dragons either.
can get that message to her over time via messages, in a way that doesn't get him killed before he has a chance to convince her of any of that.

The books are certainly still guiding the TV show. While they are merging characters together, skipping some subplots and for many characters (and soon, before this season is over, for all the characters) will be beyond the books. You say they are making shit up, because it doesn't match your preconceived notion of where you think the story is going (ie your fanfic), but you forget that the show runners are 2 of the 3 people on earth who knows how the story ends. So it's not going the way you thought it would. try not to get too butthurt about it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
my fanfic? seriously? i am talking about stuff that actually happens in the books and you are defending shit that was never in the books.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Hasn't that been the theme for a while? First 1/2 of the season has no white walkers, next 1/3 starts mentioning them and you see one or two, last 1/3 sees more of them moving, doing shit and finally the season ends with a huge panning shot of the entire army moving somewhere. Everyone goes "OOOOOH Next season is gonna be so good!!". Then it starts in Westeros somewhere with a goblet of wine and some broad giggling.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
my fanfic? seriously? i am talking about stuff that actually happens in the books and you are defending shit that was never in the books.
What books are you reading again?

In the books Varys ain't the architect of shit concerning dany. He kinda sorta had a plan for her brother (not much thought went in to it or anything) as like, a back up plan, but that went to shit in the first book. It wasn't until after the dragons were born (completely by accident game changer they had never dreamed would of happened) did Illyrio try and reach back out to dany. If not for the dragons Dany would of died in the red wastes and nobody would of given 2 shits, she wasn't on anyone's radar or part of any grand scheme.

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
is it possible since we don't get Bran this season we won't get updates on them either?

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Hasn't Kevan taken himself out of the picture by turning down a position on the Small Council and returning to Casterly Rock?

I think Varys pulls a Selmy and offers to be Dani's Master of Whisperers. She hasn't had a full blown spy network at her disposal so far. The only tricky part is going to be explaining away the attempt that was made on Dani's life with the poisoned wine by a member of that network.

Szlia

Considering the last time we saw Bran was the most retarded thing ever happening in the show, I am not in a hurry to see him again.

spronk

FPS noob
i dunno about bran but i saw hodor DJ'ing a few weeks ago along with a fat dany. you know what they say, after your 3d dragon you really put on the weight

raveofthrones-020.jpg

Siddar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Considering the last time we saw Bran was the most retarded thing ever happening in the show, I am not in a hurry to see him again.
I wonder how much money they spent on special effects for that story line involving Bran last season.

Seems fairly clear HBO just couldn't afford Bran until his story becomes central to the series.

Siliconemelons

that part where bran ended imo was too much "but if...but... hey...umm" like...you KNEW he was coming so why didn't you weed your lawn of skellys beforehand!