GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
he did say wuzzzup to cersei. unless qyburn was manipulating him, i assume frankenmountain is truly alive but with very basic comprehension of whats going on. actually, do you really want somebody like that defending you in a fancy sword fight? without his training and cunning all he is is a much bigger version of hodor. hodor could rip your head off, but if you dance around and slash, hodor is just a meat shield.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i guess it depends on what you mean by undead. the head was sent to dorne, but the body, was it dead before he spliced the dorf head onto it?

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Pretty good episode. Not a ton of action but love the dialogue. Sets up some interesting story moves. Ser Friendzone nabbing Tyrion is interesting. Wonder which queen he'll take him too, I assume Dany.

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
What is with Natalie Dormer not flashing those beautiful tits of hers. wtf is going on with this show.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
i guess it depends on what you mean by undead. the head was sent to dorne, but the body, was it dead before he spliced the dorf head onto it?
I would assume the dwarf head was sent.

As for Natalie I'm guessing its Tommens age.
frown.png

Cybsled

Lots of people are bitching about Sansa's story arc this season, but who is to say it doesn't eventually end up like that in the books?
wink.png
TV and book Littlefinger always have a plan. The angle of Sansa basically amassing support and eventually causing the downfall of the Boltons seems like a legitimate arc. Plus, then she becomes a widow and Littlefinger can make his move with Sansa AND reap the benefits of a North united behind her and support in the Vale.

BoldW

Molten Core Raider
Did I miss something in the books (not counting released chapters)? And even assuming I did, why would the show be the same? Who is to say Sansa WTFPwns the boltons? Why not the boltons come out ahead, being the ruthless fucks they are, and Sansa go the way of the rest of the Starks? She's still pretty new to the Game, and without Littlefinger to guide her...

If there's anything this show likes to demonstrate, is that moralism, and newbishness, will get you killed...Unless you're R+L (well, it'll get you killed at least once).

Cybsled

Best part of Janos getting killed was Stannis giving the approving nod like "fuck ya, that's how you rule".

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Jon Snow is pretty awesome now. Made some big leaps from the emo pussy a few seasons ago.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
Really good episode, it felt like they covered a lot of ground. We're even back at Winterfell for the first time in forever. Damn it though with Nat Dormer teasing us with a few close reveals.

Hey weird co-incidence. Just last night I watched a double play of The Wolverine ( the Japan one ) followed by X-Men, days of future past. That Asian girl who's the red priestess in the 'marketplace' was in The Wolverine and she locks eyes on Peter Dinklage who was in X-Men DOFP.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Did I miss something in the books (not counting released chapters)? And even assuming I did, why would the show be the same? Who is to say Sansa WTFPwns the boltons? Why not the boltons come out ahead, being the ruthless fucks they are, and Sansa go the way of the rest of the Starks? She's still pretty new to the Game, and without Littlefinger to guide her...

If there's anything this show likes to demonstrate, is that moralism, and newbishness, will get you killed...Unless you're R+L (well, it'll get you killed at least once).
in the books littlefinger gives "arya" stark (ie jeyne poole) to the bolton's on behalf of the lannisters while at the same time maneuvering sansa to marry harry the heir so he can control both the vale and then the north once he marches on the boltons (i'm sure at some point his plan was to reveal the fake arya as fake too, if he needed to). They are very similar stories to tell in the TV medium plus it would require them to "Previously on GoT" reference an unnamed extra last seen in like season 1 episode 3 to set up the jeyne poole character when ultimately it's not needed. A "stark" heir is given to the boltons and theon ends up rescuing her to start his redemption arc and is later captured by Stannis. That's the bit that matters story wise to move along these arcs. Besides the TV viewers have already been shown that literally everything that's happened in westeros since ep 1 season 1 was all Littlefinger's doing anyway. he's a master manipulator, they get it, don't need to show all his plots and schemes, even though yeah, book LF wouldn't have handed over sansa. nbd.

about the Margaery scenes:
it's an important change from the books. by aging tommen up and having them fuck it eliminates the questions about margaery's "chastity" in the upcoming cersei arc, and instead connects it directly with the sparrow arc. it allows the margaery/cersei conflict to be shown directly instead of implied via cersei's POV chapters since cersei is an idiot and doesn't even realize when she's been played. (ep 4 spoiler)
with margaery free and her brother the one imprisoned because it's hbo so the persecution of homosexuals by religious fanatics is like +9 points for them. Besides it's not like Loras is gonna do anything in the show since their won't be greyjoy invasion of highgarden, the tyrell/redwyne fleets aren't going to be storming dragonstone. He won't be wounded (or was he? *ominous music*) and won't be leading the charge back in highgarden to defend from the cthulu worshiping viking pirate invaders. Hell i don't think old town will even make an appearance in the tv world.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Cersei has been so whitewashed as a character in the show that it probably not going to have to same impact when

She's in jail naked, bald and pleading for Jaime