GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

spronk

FPS noob
I hope someone comes up with a season 5 recut, you could collapse episodes 1-7 into a single episode - Arya, Jon Snow, Tyrion and Varys/Friendzone, and Sand Titties.

I also thought each episode had a different writer which would have better explained why some of the plot lines were so poorly rushed but nope, D&B wrote like 8 of the 10 episodes this season. Thats pretty turrrible.

Gilgamel

A Man Chooses....
- As soon as I saw Dany slip off her ring and drop it in the grass, I died a little inside at the very thought of half a season of Jorah and Daario Dorning it up trying to find her just to stumble across the ring and go after the khalasar. I hope they don't go with that. Maybe it was her wedding ring and she's just doing it to show she's in the market for a Khal husband again.
I think that's exactly what they're going to do. And it sucks.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I'm pretty sure the Dothraki that rode up to her already revere her as mother of dragons, otherwise they would have just charged up to her, konked her over the head and got to raping her like any other girl they found in a field. Not circled their horses around her in respect. They probably saw Drogon and rode after him.

Cybsled

Finding the ring wouldn't be too hard if they end up in that general area

1) Find Drogon's feeding nest. Pretty easy to figure out a dragon did that and Drogon is the only free one
2) The Khalisar rode in circles around Dany. That will trample the fuck out of the grass and dirt. They will easily be able to see they were circling something. You go to the center of everything and boom, Dany's ring. It's not like they would be in a pristine field and go "lol, look a ring!".

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
I'm pretty sure the Dothraki that rode up to her already revere her as mother of dragons, otherwise they would have just charged up to her, konked her over the head and got to raping her like any other girl they found in a field. Not circled their horses around her in respect. They probably saw Drogon and rode after him.
That's Tolkien imagery based on the Riders of Rohan. They encircled her as they would any other soon-to-be-subdued.

Royal

Finding the ring wouldn't be too hard if they end up in that general area
Yes, and if the entire khalsar that was moving through that valley moves across that same spot, one of them should see it and pick it up. But it doesn't matter really how hard or easy it ends up being to find, it's another drawn out Dany in a compromised status story arc we have to endure.

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
It felt like it was fucking 5 minutes long, you got the effect of it well before the halfway point, the shit just dragged. I would have rather watched Drogon scratch his balls and schluff off Daenerys for 20 more seconds or whatever the equivalent cost would have been.
I understand why they added it but it was I would agree much longer than needed. You got the point and the effect pretty fast the rest was just a waste of time/money.

Royal

The only other thing they really could have reasonably spent that screen time on to flesh out was Stannis's forces getting crushed. As expensive as the Walk was, it was probably cheaper than shooting footage of a large scale pitched battle.

Duskoy_sl

shitlord
the character of Brienne of Tarth just stinks. She announced Renly as rightful king... didn't she get the goddamn memo, he was the younger brother bitch. Stannis should have stood up instantly, pimp slapped her as he said no im rightful king. Then sat back down waiting to get beheaded

kaid

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yeah, all signs point to Jon Snow being resurrected. If he was just going to die they would have left him and his wildlings beyond the wall. Why kill AFTER you already let in all the people you despise? Makes for a convenient army once Jon is resurrected and he has fulfilled his oath to the knight's watch. They didn't have that meeting with Jon and Melonsandre earlier for no reason and Melonsandre says she saw Bolton's banners burning, but its not from Stannis, it is when from when Jon attacks.
Well that and like 4 people told Jon that he had to kill the boy to become a man. It looks like they are going for a more literal meaning on that which is not unexpected.

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I thought that was pretty laughable. She said it with a straight face too.