GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You never go full retard gavin.

Don't worry you're still better than astro.
I mean, I get that people are going to keep replying as they see it, but I've accepted that I'm the only one who thinks that, and I'm not trying to convince anyone otherwise. It doesn't affect the plot either way. If you want to argue with me over something, argue over what's going to happen with Myrcella's death, since that actually does affect the story.

And don't link me some dumbass article where the director being interviewed is all like 'yeah we were so sad to see Kit go, hes such a great guy' to try and cover up the fact that he's coming back to life as if it means anything. Myrcella, Stannis, and Jon could all be alive and Theon and Sansa could be dead in season 6, anything the director says in an interview during the offseason right after a big cliffhanger season finale carries no real weight.

*edit*

In fact, because the director made a point of saying Stannis was dead because "It would have been gratuitous" to show his death in a show full of gratuitous gore, violence, and nudity, I'm now 100% convinced that Brienne kept Stannis alive.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
gavin cant admit he was utterly wrong, it doesnt fit his 'angry internet guy' persona.
jon is onlymostly dead. myrcella is a little iffy. bronn may have an antidote because tyene is the "nice one."

koljec_sl

shitlord
In fact, because the director made a point of saying Stannis was dead because "It would have been gratuitous" to show his death in a show full of gratuitous gore, violence, and nudity, I'm now 100% convinced that Brienne kept Stannis alive.
rrr_img_100264.jpg

Look at his face. He's got the mind of a child. It's not his fault.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
gavin cant admit he was utterly wrong, it doesnt fit his 'angry internet guy' persona.
jon is onlymostly dead. myrcella is a little iffy. bronn may have an antidote because tyene is the "nice one."
I already admitted I was wrong when I stopped saying they were trying to commit suicide as if it were an objective statement of fact. I'll even take it a step further and concede that they weren't trying to make it look like they were attempting suicide. Doesn't change the fact that when I rewatch that scene, I see two people trying to kill themselves.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
As far as Stannis and the defeat go...
They said the mercs and sellswords took ALL the horses and that was why they walked to Winterfell. The Cavalry that did the massacre were those same horses. The Bolton's didn't have Cavalry, so Stannis was planning for a siege. As soon as he saw what was coming he knew they were fucked. I'm not going to argue about scouts and whatnot, but when over half your army takes all your horses and joins the enemy it doesn't matter how good your tactics are. The fact he survived to be killed by Brianne says how good of warrior he was.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
Who would bargain for Stannis' life? Literally everyone in Westeros probably wanted him dead, his only supporters were with him.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
As far as Stannis and the defeat go...
They said the mercs and sellswords took ALL the horses and that was why they walked to Winterfell. The Cavalry that did the massacre were those same horses. The Bolton's didn't have Cavalry, so Stannis was planning for a siege. As soon as he saw what was coming he knew they were fucked. I'm not going to argue about scouts and whatnot, but when over half your army takes all your horses and joins the enemy it doesn't matter how good your tactics are. The fact he survived to be killed by Brianne says how good of warrior he was.
When do Roose or Ramsay say they don't have any cavalry? Cause if that's something that was actually said, then you're right, otherwise it's a pretty wild leap.

Drakain

Trakanon Raider
When do Roose or Ramsay say they don't have any cavalry? Cause if that's something that was actually said, then you're right, otherwise it's a pretty wild leap.
Might have not said it outright, but it was right before Ramsay asked for his 20 men. I could be mistaken but I thought Roose said they didn't have the men or the horses to meet Stannis on the field. The force that overwhelmed Stannis was huge and appeared to be similar in formation to when they crushed Mance's army.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
The main problem is that I don't see Roose trusting a bunch of deserters so quickly. Unless he told them 'ok go out and kill Stannis and I won't have you all flayed' and Ramsay just went out on his own to have some fun. But I'll watch ep 8 again.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
And yet the quote from the director is "That's not my concern. My concern was to take care of Jon Snow, and he's now deader than dead." Which seems contradictory in a single statement. It's not his concern what the story is (e.g. he doesn't know), but that he's "deader than dead."

Fuck off, director. You don't know shit.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yes, I get that I'm the only one who thinks that looked like suicide, and I'm sure if you asked the producers they'd say the same thing as you guys. I'm never going to stop thinking that looked like suicide, despite the fact that they indeed could have just taken headers right where Theon killed Myranda. Guess it's just a personal thing.
There are suicidal elements to it and it wasnt explicit that they were planning on survival. I can see how youd think itx be an attempted suicide but its not.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i stopped reading that article when he said he hasnt read the books yet. thats pretty fucking lame for a show like this. you should do your fucking homework before taking on book adaptions.

Homsar

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I thought a lot of people dont read books ect, pretty sure Perter Dinklage said he never ready any of the material or maybe it was Charles Dance

Warmuth

Molten Core Raider
I don't doubt for one second Snow is dead, so he's being honest with it but I can't see any scenario in which he isn't rez'd. I know George likes to be all edgy killing people off but way too much shit has gone into that storyline to just lol end it.

Stannis is pretty much dead I'd wager but I seem to remember brienne letting out a frustrated sounding growl when she swung as if she was sort of pissed that she couldn't go through with it. That whole sequences was dumb as fuck though so I'm not going to waste any time pondering it.