GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
one of the interviews with the shows producers/writers said dany dropped the ring to help someone friendly find her. yes, its a Lord of the Rings manuever the only question is whether Daario is Gay Elf and Joray is Gimli, or the other way. There is only one right answer.

edit: here is the explanation from inside episode
Game of Thrones Season 5: Inside the Episode #10 (HBO) - YouTube
That makes a bit more sense than her just trying to hide her formerly engaged/married status.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I am so convinced Jon is dead for real that I will ban bet over it.

Wasnt Dany standing in really tall grass? I guess even if she was the area is going to be totally stomped out from the khalasar circling that it won't matter when it comes to finding the ring.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
There's no way Jon is staying dead because they don't foreshadow real GoT deaths that much. :p

Mahes

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Now she is blind? That girl went all awesome and then suddenly was made blind?

The new Death Knight makes me happy. I still contend it might be a problem if the white walkers find out, but I really hope Cersei is going to show her greatest sin yet...wrath.

I liked Jon. I was saddened to see him killed that way. If he is resurrected then that will be fun. If not, then the knight's watch is finished for a story line as far as I am concerned save the 2 minutes they give them to show how futile thier defense is against the undead.

Here is hoping that the next season does not feel like half a season. Season 5 was just ...slow.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So inserted right into the thread title is use spoilers and you take the stuff inside the spoiler and post it. So then no need to actually use spoilers?
+1

Someone infraction him for not using spoilers in the spoiler thread when talking about a possible plot point.

Need to rename the thread [Almost trans-spoilers(pre-op, spoiler sexed, non spoiler gender identification)].

Olscratch

tour de salt
<Banned>
Hey GRRM hows Winds of Winter coming along?

Getting Hectic Here

Jun. 16th, 2015 at 11:01 AM
Ashford
Things are getting hectic here. I am doing what I hope is the final round of editing on HIGH STAKES, the new Wild Cards mosaic novel, in hopes of delivering that one to the good folks (and they are) at Tor before I take off for Europe.

On Thursday, we're off to Germany. I have a big event in Hamburg, and Sibel Kekilli has promised to show me her city... seeing as how I showed her Santa Fe a few months ago, it's only fair. From there I'll be flying to Sweden for a few days in Stockholm, then taking a ferry to the Aland Islands for my long-planned appearance as GOG at Archipelacon.

I will try to post a few more details about the trip before we fly off.

(Meanwhile, of course, I still have Puppies nipping at my ankles. Even the sad ones seem to have gone rabid of late. tsk)
Current Location:Santa Fe... for now
Current Mood: busy busy
Tags:
conventions, everyday life, travels, wild cards

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
I read he is also writing like three tv series or someshit. Was really hoping the book would land before the next season... But... Vegas odds are it will not.

iannis

Musty Nester
It's not a joke. He really will die with that series unfinished.

At this point it's in his finiancial best interest to NOT finish it.

iannis

Musty Nester
I don't think you understand the impact that death has on a person's financial situation.
While he's alive all he has to do is claim that he's still working on it. Obviously whatever contract he had for that work is worthless at this point. I doubt that they signed him for "You have to deliver 3 finished books within 15 years". It has to be that he's already breached it, or that the HBO deal supercedes it.

As long as it's unfinished he can retain his fanbase, write other things, and continue saying "The next Ice and Fire is coming. In the meantime... buy this!"

It really is in his financial best interest to leave the series unfinished. UNLESS he can write to masterpiece books that blows everyone away and secure his spot as the reigning american master.

lolololololol. He -might- finish them after the HBO series ends, just to milk the last little bit of cash out of the story that he can. But I seriously get the feeling that he doesn't give a fuck. He's done. He's just done. He only wanted to write 3 to begin with, didn't he? They don't have him on the contract hook anymore, they don't have him on the prestige hook anymore, they don't have him on the popularity hook anymore. He's reached that point where he can do what he wants. Whatever he was trying to prove to himself by writing those three, he's proven it. To himself.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Why is it in his best interest to not finish? I'd think he needs to finish them as fast as possible while people still give a shit. Otherwise if the show finishes before the books, people are much more likely to just say fuck it and not buy more books when they know the end.