GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I thought mist had ovaries?

oh look a_skeleton_03 to the rescue with a retarded poll
A lot of people don't believe Mist is a chick because there are no chicks on the internet.

I actually do believe Mist is a chick, it's just fun to make the jokes. Dudes pretending to be chicks on the internet are always either giant fake whores and get outed quickly, or they're "just one of the bros" and last awhile. Mist is neither of those things. The fact that she's a lesbian is normally a big warning sign for dude impersonating a chick, but apparently her vagina is some unused dried up husk and she probably hasn't had sex in almost as long as I have. No dude could pretend to be a woman that was such a joyless, intolerable twat.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Howland Reed is either the ultimate fucking red herring or some kind of fucking deus ex ultima at this point. He was a skinny dirty crannogman that somehow bested the best of knights, and was instrumental in beating the cream of the kingsguard at the Tower of Joy, AND he's the only person left who knows who Jon really is. The guy could be the ultimate Fuck You for GRRM to forget about/kill offscreen or introduce randomly in chapter 80 of book 25 to explain fucking everything.

I have ZERO delusions that any Tower of Joy flashback on the show would illuminate anything for us. Not before the shit is spelled out in the books. Because I don't think GRRM himself has even fully decided what went down. I think it'd go more like the Maggie the Frog we got this season, as a setting the tone sort of thing to bookend the season but with no new information. I'd guess we'd get flashes of it, at beast. Blueballs all around.

One thing I learned about the process - I believe it was from Lost, or maybe stories about Star Wars production or King's musings about the Dark Tower - is that these motherfuckers don't really have a grand plan all outlined out. They pull shit from ass just like Jupter's cock.I learned thatwriters do as much speculation as we do.There are plenty of examples of writers admitting as much. Nothing is set in stone - and all our speculation probably just gives GRRM obvious solutions to try to avoid. He's probably revised WoW 250 times trying to avoid fan theories that turned out to be correct.

My point of all of this is - I think Howland Reed and the Tower of Joy was supposed to be some big reveal much earlier in the story. He's the only fucker left alive who knows what went down. But I think GRRM ditched that plotline and dumped him in the SS Minnow with the rest, like the tv show, because he wants to hold on to that secret a bit longer. I think we figured it out, and he had to change it/delay the reveal to throw us off.

But holy shit, what a scene that could make. I'd give my left nut to see Arthur Dayne and his greatsword portrayed well on screen. Action scenes have been a bit hit or miss, and we're talking a fight involving what, 10 people? 7 vs 3? Pretty fucking hard to do well without weeks of choreography. Plus they'd have to bring Sean Bean back, heh. An epic 7 on 3 badasses fight could be goddamn amazing, or it could be.. uh.. Bron vs the sand snakes. It's all in how how much time they put into it.

A more likely scenario is they skip the action and cut to the bodies. Meh. But still, they fucking have to give us Reed at some point, right? He's the only motherfucker left that knows the truth. Surely the story isn't just going to forget about him. If he doesn't show up in the books or show - what the hell, right? People think he may be one character or another but nothing seems to fit.

Winds of WInter, before the tv show, please?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
For any Jon/AA/PWWP story to continue you need to have him be rezzed and there needs to be a reason to rez him. they have been dropping hints all over the books and show about rhaegar and lyannae. that story is still important to GRRM and when he drops it it will link them with Jon and everyone who doesnt already know about R+L=J will slap their heads when its finally laid out. for that to happen you need some character to outright tell what happens at the ToJ and the only person living is Howland Reed. he has been kept under wraps precisely because GRRM is waiting to spring him on us in WoW. yeah its going down in WoW because unless its another half book ignoring a bunch of storylines like he did before then the story needs jon to come back and mel (and us) needs a reason to want to rez him (if its her that does).

Mel is trying to save the world from the long night 2.0 so its very important to her to use her powers in that direction. she isnt going to go through all the trouble of such a difficult spell if she isnt sure jon is the man to unite westeros and conquer the NK and WWs

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Good point - if you have tower of joy, there's no goddamn way Jon stays dead.

Jon actually being dead would be the biggest surprise of all, as I said.

The ONLY reason Jon stays dead, is because GRRM maybe thought he was getting too predictable and wanted to fuck shit up.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Good point - if you have tower of joy, there's no goddamn way Jon stays dead.

Jon actually being dead would be the biggest surprise of all, as I said.

The ONLY reason Jon stays dead, is because GRRM maybe thought he was getting too predictable and wanted to fuck shit up.
its entirely possible, he does love his tyrion and there have been rumors and theories about if he is the mad king's son or not. i think jon will come back though, tyrion is a world away from the wall and the NK and WW need to be dealt with and those cockgobblers who killed jon are in no fucking way prepared to stop them. the NK may even have joramund's horn which may summon an ice dragon which desatroys the wall in the process. by the time dany and tyrion decided to head over to westeros the long night will have come and that may be the ballgame.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
My worry is that GRRM reads fan theories and, in the cases where they are too close to true, alters shit just because.

I swear that is what happened with Lost.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Howland Reed is either the ultimate fucking red herring or some kind of fucking deus ex ultima at this point. He was a skinny dirty crannogman that somehow bested the best of knights, and was instrumental in beating the cream of the kingsguard at the Tower of Joy, AND he's the only person left who knows who Jon really is.
The crannogmen aren't typically toe-to-toe fighters. Their fighting style and tactics are considered cowardly and they are known to use poison. Another fighter who is considered to use "shameful" tactics is Bronn and he's demonstrated numerous times what a smaller, quicker fighter can do to a fully armored knight.

It wouldn't surprise me if Reed saving Ned consisted of something like him putting an arrow through the eye of Arthur Dayne.

I think you're right in that they won't show the entire fight. It's the sort of scene that they don't have to show, but if they're going to it's needs to be well executed. If cutting it down to the end and involving fewer actors helps them on that front, I'd rather see that than Water Gardens 2.0

Ossoi

Tranny Chaser
A lot of people don't believe Mist is a chick because there are no chicks on the internet..
I remember when WoW came out and a lot of new people (myself included) registered on these boards for l337 strats etc. I remember Mist and I think Cad being two of the most stupid posters, but I don't remember Mist having a female/lesbian persona until recently.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
My worry is that GRRM reads fan theories and, in the cases where they are too close to true, alters shit just because.

I swear that is what happened with Lost.
Do you think grrm is psyching us all out? Like he's a lying liar or something?
link, just scroll down below all the gay sex stuff

He's said a: Fans have already figured out the ending (all the way back in the late's 90s in fact they had figured out the ending), b: he stopped reading the interwebs regarding fan theories, and c: he isn't going to change shit just because fan's figured it out. If you put in clues in the prose and people put it all together, then you change it just to keep it "secret" then that's shitty writing.

the fact that the ending was known before AFFC or ADWD was even published is is just one of the many, many reasons why no character not introduced in the early books is actually all that relevant. They can be interesting characters, well written, and have a nice sub-plot to them but characters post book 3 aren't going to be the saviors of the world or sit the iron throne. They are brought in to aid or antagonize the main characters.

PS what do you mean Howland Reed bested the best of knights? you're not referring to the Knight of the Laughing Tree are you? That was totally Lyanna btw.

iannis

Musty Nester
Which is more retarded? You idiots fighting in here about ovaries and spoilers or a simple poll solving everything but the ovary issue?
corp-lg.jpg

Asshat Brando

Potato del Grande
<Banned>
Just like the Starks are descendants of the First Men I wouldn't be surprised if the Reeds are descendants of the Children of the Forest. Howland may be a green seer for all we know just like his son. Would certainly make sense in him being able to anticipate Dayne cutting Ned down and being able to stop it.

The Knight of the Laughing Tree could as easily be Howland as it was Lyanna though Lyanna is more likely from talk of her fighting with Brandon as a young girl with play swords.

Lleauaric

Sparkletot Monger
How epic would the first episode of the next season be a cold open to the Tower of Joy. It would a great way to signal "ok, now the tide is shifting" and then justice starts to be served in little pieces.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
Regarding the Tower of Joy fight, I always pictured Howland fighting more like Bronn; agile as fuck in leathers while hamstringing knights with his frog trident. In the typical swordfight trope, Dayne has Ned on the ropes but completely ignores his backside and Howland gigs him.

Breakdown

Gunnar Durden
How epic would the first episode of the next season be a cold open to the Tower of Joy. It would a great way to signal "ok, now the tide is shifting" and then justice starts to be served in little pieces.
I was thinking this, but to do the whole episode. Really go about showing rhagar arriving with Leanna after the kidnapping, their love blooming, show Arthur Dwayne to be a great knight. Rhaegar leaving for he trident, then the episode ends with Ned and crew showing up, big fight, and he goes inside to find Lyanna and they show he truth. Flash to present day where john is laying in the snow, and go from there,

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Howland Reed is either the ultimate fucking red herring or some kind of fucking deus ex ultima at this point. He was a skinny dirty crannogman that somehow bested the best of knights, and was instrumental in beating the cream of the kingsguard at the Tower of Joy, AND he's the only person left who knows who Jon really is. The guy could be the ultimate Fuck You for GRRM to forget about/kill offscreen or introduce randomly in chapter 80 of book 25 to explain fucking everything.
I always liked to think that Howland stabbed Arthur Dayne in the fucking neck with one of those stupid crannogman spears or something while he was fighting multiple others. Rather than legitimately besting the greatest knight in modern history in combat.

Siliconemelons

I do love how Bronn fights to win, screw rules or honor on the field of battle- just win and survive... I need to rewatch but was Bronn really just like random guy in the audience and just was like oh ill fight for Tyrion.