GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I think I'm going to be strictly in the no spoiler thread from here on out. This shit is unbearable. You guys really need to chill out about this TV show.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I cant ask for more from the actor that portrayed Dayne. Just the way he says Neds name, so well done, its like you can tell he regrets whats about to go down. His demeanor totally badass throughout.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think the scene would have been better if Ned had been the one who stabbed him in the back, and the business about Reed saving his life was a lie. Would have fit the setting a lot better and made it easier to stomach the choreography. I do agree that the actor sounded great though.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I think I'm going to be strictly in the no spoiler thread from here on out. This shit is unbearable. You guys really need tochill outabout this TV show.
Get it? Chill out. Awesome.

What rustled your jimmies, pumpkin? Don't let the edgelords ruin your immersion. It was a good episode!

I think the scene would have been better if Ned had been the one who stabbed him in the back, and the business about Reed saving his life was a lie. Would have fit the setting a lot better and made it easier to stomach the choreography. I do agree that the actor sounded great though.
No, no, and no. Ned's honor is a centerpiece, it's the whole reason JON AINT HIS. It worked out perfectly. It's still a huge stain on the honor of a man like Stark, but he wouldn't exist without it. In some ways it rounds his arc out perfectly the way he seemed to be atoning for something around the events that led to his death. He's a bit of a fraud, but so are 99% of the great names in real history.

edit: One last thing I haven't really seen talked enough about. Is Bernie Sanders (High sparrow have a name?) a good man? I'm starting to wonder if he's more than just the end boss of the church vs state or truly a man of the people looking to reform society.

Royal

Connoisseur of Exotic Pictures
Yeah Ned stabbing Dayne from behind would have been inconsistent with his character and it would have also missed an opportunity to give a nod to some of the broader GoT lore in which the crannogmen were looked down upon as fighters that used cowardly tactics.

Cybsled

People bitched about the Scouring of the Shire not being in the LOTR movie, so it doesn't really surprise me they didn't quote the TOJ back and forth and that rustles the same people's jimmies.

Wage

Molten Core Raider
I dunno if anyone is interested, but this is the fan made Tower of Joy scene I was talking about last night. The budget isn't great, so the action part is pretty bad, but the dialogue and acting otherwise is well done, I think

That's awesome that this is out there actually getting around. This was made by my buddy Paul that I worked with at Medieval Times. Some of the choreography was a little sloppy, but I thought they did a good job for their budget.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
its nothing compared to how they fucked rickon's story this week. actually it isnt his story in itself, but what he represents to the north and how it was handled.
Does anyone really care all that much about Rickon though? The North seems to be forgetting their loyalty to the Starks pretty quickly unless Rickon and Osha are some sort of plant. Could potentially just mean Rickon isn't central to the story at all in the books and HBO is taking this opportunity to give even more heat to Ramsay by flaying the kid...although it's not like he isn't already the top heel on the show by a country mile.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Does anyone really care all that much about Rickon though? The North seems to be forgetting their loyalty to the Starks pretty quickly unless Rickon and Osha are some sort of plant. Could potentially just mean Rickon isn't central to the story at all in the books and HBO is taking this opportunity to give even more heat to Ramsay by flaying the kid...although it's not like he isn't already the top heel on the show by a country mile.
i dunno about the story since we are 2 or so books from the conclusion of this story, but yes the only known remaining male heir to the northern kingdom is monumentally important, he is about as important as dany is for the last known living targaryan. the Starks are the descended from the First Men of The North, its why the wildlings even respect the Starks.
House Stark - A Wiki of Ice and Fire

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I think Merrith just means in an all encompassing way. Rickon may be the last male Stark that the world knows about, (And really, doesn't the world at large think both Bran and Rickon are dead?) but most of the Stark players are out of the game currently. The house has been dismantled, and other than the family giving some legitimacy to who currently could own Winterfell, finding a living heir is not exactly going to fuck anyone over.

Ramsay wants all Starks dead because they're a contention for Winterfell, and it's assumed the North would ride in support of the Starks. But as far as the other families are concerned? The Starks are a non entity. Winterfell is so far removed from Dorne, King's Landing etc, as to be inconsequential.

The North remembers, but the last rebellion got beat down pretty quickly in a single night.