GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
The pigs blood theory is retarded. What if Waif stabbed her in the throat? Dead. In the chest? Dead. Cut up her thigh? Dead. If she used something longer than a 2 inch dagger? Dead. If it is in fact the way things went down it is absolutely fucking retarded.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I'm going to have to watch that scene again tonight, when she fell into the water wasn't there some kind of stone or dock or something right by her? What kind of plan is that, accidentally fall a foot to either side and crush your skull. Or what if the water turned out to be a foot deep, but I guess if she went through the trouble to get pigs blood and a chainmail undershirt to stop the shiv, she went through the work to do some practice dives off the bridge and test the water too.

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
Yeah but lots of things are obvious to the viewer. Like the impending massacre at the red wedding. Hell, they actually made it even more obvious in the show.
The same reason, no one paid her mind when she was a blind girl begging. The same reason why when she was bleeding out, everyone just looked at her. People never seem to notice her in Bravos, unless they want something from her..."sweet girl..."

She would have been on her toes, expecting to be hunted.

Haus

<Silver Donator>
I'm starting to believe more the staged death angle. Thick enough leather and/or a think metal plate to stop the stab, bladder of blood over it. Would also make sense why she was so splashy with making a scene finding passage on the boat as she could have also easily and discreetly probably procured the same passage. As for how this plays out I'm still not even going to guess.

And I don't think our boy has a change with Brienne, as I bet she has her eyes set on some half giant action.

And since someone requested something like this... and it just came across my feed on another site...
rrr_img_135360.jpg

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I can't say I'm an expert in stabbing people but if she had a thick leather or plate to halt the blade wouldn't the waif feel it? Her look indicated more "got her" than "bitch dun tricked me."

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I'm going to have to watch that scene again tonight, when she fell into the water wasn't there some kind of stone or dock or something right by her? What kind of plan is that, accidentally fall a foot to either side and crush your skull. Or what if the water turned out to be a foot deep, but I guess if she went through the trouble to get pigs blood and a chainmail undershirt to stop the shiv, she went through the work to do some practice dives off the bridge and test the water too.
knock yourself out
see the body change? yeah, me neither.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
If they go with the "fake blood" narrative then the show has pretty much jumped the shark. They could have the cast of Grey's Anatomy wheel her into a surgical room at the start of the episode and it would make about as much sense as the fake blood idea. Besides knowing that she'd be attacked, knowing that it would be with a dagger, and knowing it would be a stab to the gut-- did she have a Kevlar vest behind her bladder of fake blood? That dagger went deep, and was twisted-- you can't do that if she was wearing fucking chain mail under her shirt. Also, why bother with the whole "mortally injured" limp through the city then?

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
If they go with the "fake blood" narrative then the show has pretty much jumped the shark. They could have the cast of Grey's Anatomy wheel her into a surgical room at the start of the episode and it would make about as much sense as the fake blood idea. Besides knowing that she'd be attacked, knowing that it would be with a dagger, and knowing it would be a stab to the gut-- did she have a Kevlar vest behind her bladder of fake blood? That dagger went deep, and was twisted-- you can't do that if she was wearing fucking chain mail under her shirt. Also, why bother with the whole "mortally injured" limp through the city then?
Either way, it's not a great scenario. If it's fake blood I agree it's weak and implausible because of the flaws I (and others) mentioned. If it's not fake blood, well she's a dumbass for wandering around openly after she failed JH...

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
She also immediately rolled over the bridge when stabbed, and it felt absolutely odd. Without the following sequence where she's absolutely paranoid about people around her, it would look very much like a setup ("when are they going to come for me?" "oh there she is" "ok, let's make sure they think I'm dead"), specially when compared to the ending of the previous episode. It feels like one of those scenes that don't make sense until later in the show.
Something is definitely off about the Arya storyline. If it turns out she's really been stabbed while just dicking around on a random bridge thinking wistfully of Westeros, then that's some seriously shoddy writing. In the previous episode we see her methodically grabbing Needle then camping out in a dank, dark hovel... then suddenly she's just cruising around unarmed in broad daylight?

It's crazy, but I'll throw my hat in the ring with this theory:
That wasn't Arya. It was Jaqen H'ghar, disguised as Arya, testing the Waif. He specifically told the Waif not to let Arya suffer, but then the Waif goes and stabs her in the gut, which is well known as being one of the longest and most painful ways to die. There was obviously malice in the Waif's actions, which seems to run counter to everything that Jaqen espouses. Jaqen will now turn around, punish the Waif (with death?), and bring Arya back into the fold as Waif 2.0. That way two full seasons worth of Faceless Man training won't be for naught. Or not. Whatever.

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Something is definitely off about the Arya storyline. If it turns out she's really been stabbed while just dicking around on a random bridge thinking wistfully of Westeros, then that's some seriously shoddy writing. In the previous episode we see her methodically grabbing Needle then camping out in a dank, dark hovel... then suddenly she's just cruising around unarmed in broad daylight?

It's crazy, but I'll throw my hat in the ring with this theory:
That wasn't Arya. It was Jaqen H'ghar, disguised as Arya, testing the Waif. He specifically told the Waif not to let Arya suffer, but then the Waif goes and stabs her in the gut, which is well known as being one of the longest and most painful ways to die. There was obviously malice in the Waif's actions, which seems to run counter to everything that Jaqen espouses. Jaqen will now turn around, punish the Waif (with death?), and bring Arya back into the fold as Waif 2.0. That way two full seasons worth of Faceless Man training won't be for naught. Or not. Whatever.
My vote is for this theory or the one where she is healed by a Red Priestess. The *only* thing that makes me second guess this narrative is the question of whether Jaquen can actually wear Arya's face, as it's implied that the faces must be taken from the dead (and I know this is being disputed).

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
She obviously gets healed, maybe they will do a fast forward and thats why she is able to jump around

Also..... Is this shit all a tease with Arya seeing the face, befriending the actress ect?
kSjxvvn.jpg

Homsar

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Meant to post in this thread, there is a lot of shit pointing to certain theories
kSjxvvn.jpg

Voyce

Shit Lord Supreme
<Donor>
t it doesn't make sense for her to be off-guard.

Unless she felt that not killing a target, and potentially ratting out a client wouldn't set the dogs after her.

I would guess she would have developed a strong gauge of what level of ruthlessness she could expect for tossing the mission this time.

The money doesn't makes sense, there was no alluding to her saving money during her time at Bravos.

I would guess trickery, but not sure on whose part.

The Waif isn't a very good faceless in training either, being so antagonistic toward Arya, those are emotions of resentment bleeding through.

Arguably still more subservient than Arya though.

Maybe the theme is that religion sucks, it's all religion right now Faceless people, High Sparrows, Lord of Light. Is the magic even directly tied to them? High Sparrow no magic, Lord of the light, priest that wasn't a believer and now is because magic, priest that believed but is now shook because what she thought was, was not; than you got the brothers without banners killing some other religious people, for reasons. Faceless people kill whoever pays them, and you have to be subservient.

Why would Arya stay even, what would she gain if she wasn't allowed to kill the people that she seeks revenge against? It'd be like joining the Dark Brotherhood and then not going around and killing random people. It wouldn't make sense to sell herself out, except as parable to the fiction. Although the show differs from the books...

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
knock yourself out
Thanks good clip, I guess the things on either side of her head were when she popped back up. You can really see that knife sink in and she twists it in though, so there goes the theory of the chainmail or leather vest.

ValkyrieIATD

Silver Knight of the Realm
I definitely feel like there's going to a Waif, Jaqen and Arya showdown next episode. If you watch the Ep 8 teaser, there's a clear shot of the Waif running through the streets of Braavos, followed by a quick cut to the back of an individual who looks strikingly similar to Jaqen jumping off a ledge into a crowd below... the trailer seems to insinuate that these scenes are interrelated.

rrr_img_135363.jpg
rrr_img_135364.jpg

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
i havent given my theory yet, jaqen is that arya being stabbed and he was testing the waif, real arya is still chilling out in her dorm with sword ready. jaqen comes by, surprises her to tell arya she can take the waif's place now that she is gone. i dunno after that