GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Mures

Blackwing Lair Raider
So they went and got the rest because of Clegane and then proceeded to kill everyone but him? Makes sense...
They spent a good five or ten minutes looking around for him, then killed everyone and figured Clegane would come after them.
I wondered the same thing though, it does seem like the 3 riders look at the hound. Maybe they thought his suit of armor and weaponry were still around? But yeah, doesn't make much sense to not kill him, unless they want him for other reasons.

Edit - Maybe they want him alive to collect the bounty on his head and that's how he gets back to king's landing.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
It's actually not so far fetched. Arya is strutting around, showing her ass in a very public way, throwing money around like a drunken hoor. Drawing tons of attention, then she goes to a super secluded spot with a clear escape route and just sits there staring at a statue's ass. Then leaves a trail, we are explicitly shown the trail, of blood through the city. It's not so bad.

chthonic-anemos

bitchute.com/video/EvyOjOORbg5l/
I hope Jaqen killed Arya beforehand and is using her face to test the Waif. After that's settled, they use Arya's face to kill the rest of the Starks.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I can buy that she started out to lure the waif (or whomever) into a trap by being out in the open and obvious and things have gone wrong because she didn't expect the old lady being a killer and she got stabbed for real exactly how we saw it but she is making the best of it and leaving a trail to finish it and hope she survives.

To the people that still think she is going to stay with the faceless men. To what end? How does it benefit the plot of the story? There is no time left for any of these kind of things to come to fruition and have an impact. This is the reason Samwell isn't actually going to be a maester, by the time that even comes close to happening the story is over. Same with Arya, this was her exit like Samwell at dinner. She got all she could from them to forward the plot along and now she has to reenter the story with some new skills and a new perspective and now we get to see what she does with those things. She isn't sticking around and I think a lot of these convoluted theories are ways to get her to stay around.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
If it turns out that was all a ruse and it was fake blood etc, holy fucking shit is that some of the worse writing in a TV show EVER. Ive been hard on D&D lately, but this would be a new low. There is just no way this is the case.

I want to take it at face value (har har) and just think what happened is what they wanted the viewer to believe, she was legit stabbed and now dying in the streets. But the thing that bothers me the most is not showing ANY reconciliation of what happened after she put out the lights and waited in her quarters with needle. Like, literally zero follow through there, all the sudden we see her happily walking about, on the cusp of going back home without a care in the world.

This is problematic. It shows deception (or incompetence) on the part of the writers, which means there is shenanigans going on with the faceless shit. But saying Arya wasnt Arya is fucking stupid, who else was it? The Waif unmasked and established her role as the assassin. No fucking way Jaqen was Arya there, unless like people said he can change his body shape with magic lol.

edit: yea after watching that again, I was wrong, Waif doesnt try to slash throat, it was weird actually as that was her opening attack, and it was like a waist slash? Did it even land? Thats why I was confused, after that she chock-holded her and stabbed her 3 times in the gut and twisted knife, which I guess allowed Arya to heabutt her and jump off. So the attempt wasnt a flub it was more of a narrative for the viewer, showing us her blatant disregard for Jaqens instructions by trying to make her suffer with an inefficient kill.

iannis

Musty Nester
fc,550x550,navy.jpg
Yeah.

That bitch got stabbed in the gut. Moral of the story? Starks are retarded.

supertouch_sl

shitlord
As glad as I am to see the return of The Hound, I hope they don't go the Cleganebowl direction. I just don't see how that makes sense in any context on the show.

iannis

Musty Nester
My favorite part of that episode was Al Swearingen. They needed to have him say something about peaches or at LEAST toss out a "cocksucker".

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
If it turns out that was all a ruse and it was fake blood etc, holy fucking shit is that some of the worse writing in a TV show EVER. Ive been hard on D&D lately, but this would be a new low. There is just no way this is the case.

I want to take it at face value (har har) and just think what happened is what they wanted the viewer to believe, she was legit stabbed and now dying in the streets. But the thing that bothers me the most is not showing ANY reconciliation of what happened after she put out the lights and waited in her quarters with needle. Like, literally zero follow through there, all the sudden we see her happily walking about, on the cusp of going back home without a care in the world.

This is problematic. It shows deception (or incompetence) on the part of the writers, which means there is shenanigans going on with the faceless shit. But saying Arya wasnt Arya is fucking stupid, who else was it? The Waif unmasked and established her role as the assassin. No fucking way Jaqen was Arya there, unless like people said he can change his body shape with magic lol.

edit: yea after watching that again, I was wrong, Waif doesnt try to slash throat, it was weird actually as that was her opening attack, and it was like a waist slash? Did it even land? Thats why I was confused, after that she chock-holded her and stabbed her 3 times in the gut and twisted knife, which I guess allowed Arya to heabutt her and jump off. So the attempt wasnt a flub it was more of a narrative for the viewer, showing us her blatant disregard for Jaqens instructions by trying to make her suffer with an inefficient kill.
i wasnt invested in that theory, but you're right, there is a distinct lack of continuity from her being careful in her room putting the light out with the sword in bed with her to arya strolling around town like a tourist with bags of coins and without her sword. that is the key. either the writers are completely fucktarded or they are trying to hoodwink the viewers with their craftiness which is still fucktarded but at least arya isnt gutted like a fish as a result. if jaqen isnt playing some illusion games with the waif. then i dunno what else is ging on that makes any sense.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
As glad as I am to see the return of The Hound, I hope they don't go the Cleganebowl direction. I just don't see how that makes sense in any context on the show.
Pretty easily. They've been referring to Robert Strong as Gregor Clegane for a while now in Kings Landing, and Sandor has spent the last decade (based on teleportation derived travel time of course) healing up with the septons. He doesn't really care but the moment they call for their own champion in what world would Sandor not jump at the chance to kill his brother?

Neph_sl

shitlord
The Waif finds Jaqen/Arya's blood trail and they run through the city in a chase. Jaqen leads her to the real Arya wherein he tells the Waif that she disobeyed him. However, he needs a face and since they both failed, they have to fight to the death. Arya loses hand to hand, but then she busts out Needle and stabs the Waif. Since she failed Jaqen again, she can't become a Faceless Man. He throws her the two bags of coins and tells her the ship is waiting for her to return to Westeros tomorrow morning.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
I can buy that she started out to lure the waif (or whomever) into a trap by being out in the open and obvious and things have gone wrong because she didn't expect the old lady being a killer and she got stabbed for real exactly how we saw it but she is making the best of it and leaving a trail to finish it and hope she survives.
i wasnt invested in that theory, but you're right, there is a distinct lack of continuity from her being careful in her room putting the light out with the sword in bed with her to arya strolling around town like a tourist with bags of coins and without her sword. that is the key. either the writers are completely fucktarded or they are trying to hoodwink the viewers with their craftiness which is still fucktarded but at least arya isnt gutted like a fish as a result. if jaqen isnt playing some illusion games with the waif. then i dunno what else is ging on that makes any sense.
I already said how that would work.

General Antony

Vyemm Raider
Waif has been part of the House of Black and White for something like 30 years. It makes zero fucking sense that she's being tested, compared to the stupid little shit stain who fails task after task at a fucking assassin's guild.

The Starks + Dany just seem to bumble through events having no fucking clue and are somehow rewarded at almost every turn when 100% of other characters would be dead in their situation.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Waif has been part of the House of Black and White for something like 30 years. It makes zero fucking sense that she's being tested, compared to the stupid little shit stain who fails task after task at a fucking assassin's guild.

The Starks + Dany just seem to bumble through events having no fucking clue and are somehow rewarded at almost every turn when 100% of other characters would be dead in their situation.
the waif has shown animosity towards arya and jaqen has noticed. she is supposed to be neutral because if she has any feelings toward anyone then she is still
someone"

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
In the books it's established that she's been there for 30 years. And it makes sense for him to be testing her in the sense that she seems to be straying from the tenets of the cult with her very personal dislike of Arya, not testing her in the sense that she's still an initiate.

Neph_sl

shitlord
The Waif's story during the game of faces is about how her father remarried and had a younger daughter. The step mom tried to poison the Waif and she sought the help of the Faceless Men.

I'm guessing that the truth is the Waif was the jealous one who tried to poison the step mom. Jaqen / Arya parallels the father / new daughter story and in being jealous of Arya, she fails at being no one.

Edit: because I like embedding videos.

iannis

Musty Nester
The waif is pretty obviously jealous/threatened. And that is not seemly for no one!

At least she comes off that way in the show. Intentionally.

Even facelessmencan't understand how the pussy thinks.

The Chinese iconogram for trouble is 2 women living together under 1 roof.