GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
And it's pretty hard to fuck up continuity when it's thousands of years in the past and the entire civilization gets blown up.

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think casting will be crucial.

Game of Thrones is wildly successful, and a huge part of that success is due to the quality acting and believability brought to the characters of Asoiaf.

Casting can do a lot. Just think of the original Daario and then his replacement.

I liked the brown haired version as well, but Ed Skrien was perfect for that role.

Same with original Mountain.

This new spinoff needs a solid cast or it could be disappointing.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think casting will be crucial.

Game of Thrones is wildly successful, and a huge part of that success is due to the quality acting and believability brought to the characters of Asoiaf.

Casting can do a lot. Just think of the original Daario and then his replacement.

I liked the brown haired version as well, but Ed Skrien was perfect for that role.

Same with original Mountain.

This new spinoff needs a solid cast or it could be disappointing.
its needs a solid story to work with and a solid producer with a vision faithful to the source material. otherwise its more larp like the last 3 seasons of GoT was.

Sterling

El Presidente
Very high chance that the Valyria shit will be spectacle over substance like the recent seasons of GoT.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Oldbased

> Than U
As long as it is full of desperate no self esteem 18-25 yr olds willing to slob some knobs for acting creds and full of unshaven men drinking kegs of beer, slicing each other up and saying witty recycled lines and standing in awkward poses when they do something great, I'm in!

• 1Solidarity

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm just a believer in good acting. I agree they could cast a bunch of no name Australian or English actors and it would still probably be a hit, and some no name actors turn out to be very effective.

But a truly quality actor raises the level of quality to heights not reachable otherwise.

Look at Varys' performance. Conleth Hill is a fantastic actor and crushed the role. It made a relatively mundane character into something mysterious and dangerous.

Same with Jaqen Hagar.

Even the more accomplished actors such as Sean Bean took the show over the top with his Ned Stark performance. Robert Baratheon was another excellent casting choice, Oberyn too, there were just so many great acting efforts, that's what made the show truly great.

• 1Solidarity

Oldbased

> Than U
is it cheap because its incomplete?
Just a Primeday deal which is why it is about $50-75 off normal sales. Most people will want to wait till after Season 8 but for those looking for BR+digital now it is as good as it will be anytime in the next year. Like they have Spartacus the complete collection for $30 atm for a short time and a bunch others.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
It's not where the show went at all obviously but it would have made a lot of sense to have Sir Strong fight for Cersei at her trial and the church choose as its champion a simple gravedigger. You get the final confrontation between two brothers that couldn't fully escape their past even in death.

I feel bad for the people that started in on the series back in 1996. You've been waiting 22 goddamn years to finally get the showdown between those two characters after it was teased all the way back in book one.

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I mean, it wasn't already confirmed when the Hound pretty much spelled it out last season?

"You know who is coming for you, you've always known"

I think it's been pretty much confirmed since they showed the Hound alive still that first time. Just more hype for no reason. April is a long way away.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>
That's a seriously vague quote, but the fight is obviously so likely to happen anyway...