GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I've been rewatching this on HBO Now. I'm halfway through season 2 as of yesterday. It's pretty sad how much better this show was in the early seasons, with the book material to draw from. The more they delay the final season, the less I care. I'll definitely tune in, but I barely remember the most recent season at this point.

• 4Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Izo

Tranny Chaser
I've been rewatching this on HBO Now. I'm halfway through season 2 as of yesterday. It's pretty sad how much better this show was in the early seasons, with the book material to draw from. The more they delay the final season, the less I care. I'll definitely tune in, but I barely remember the most recent season at this point.
The brain fins solice in repeating and affirming the familiar, no? Add the confirmation bias, the temporal difference and the uncertainty of material, we're all hard pressed to look forward to the last season. I donno, I look forward to see it end.

• 1Salty
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I don't know if I want to participate in this thread during the last season. I would like to discuss the episodes, but so many people in this thread have already made up their minds about it that I think it's inevitable that all of the angry nerds posting "this shit sucks" every week is going to make it a negative experience whether the show is good or not.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
I really didn't care much for the last season. The show managed to blend together the greatness of the books with some truly great spectacle, it's what made it so great. They lost too much of that when they had to flesh it all out themselves. The only thing I'm looking forward to with the next one is to finally get some closure on a story I've been following for over 20 years.

• 1Solidarity

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
The brain fins solice in repeating and affirming the familiar, no? Add the confirmation bias, the temporal difference and the uncertainty of material, we're all hard pressed to look forward to the last season. I donno, I look forward to see it end.

Ronnie and Bridgette gonna make some ice babies of their own on that wall.

pharmakos

soʞɐɯɹɐɥd
<Bronze Donator>

Since season 7 came out, I have rewatched the entire series twice, and am currently on my third time through. Season 7 still wasn't nearly as good, even on my third viewing when I became pretty familiar with it.

Especially episode 7. Ugh. Such bad writing and neglects the importance of distance/time that was setup in the earlier seasons.

• 1Salty

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I still enjoyed Season 7 quite a bit. All the complaining about "teleporting" was overblown. I'd agree it didn't have the high points of the earlier seasons for sure, but still some good shit in there like Sam curing Jorah, the Fellowship going beyond the wall to retrieve one of the dead (not so much all of the plot armor involved...but the dialogue). Some of the setups for stuff we virtually know are coming in S8 were okay too (Cleganebowl).

• 1Seriously?
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This video sums up how I feel pretty well.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
Kit is not the first Game Of Thrones star to hint at what's to come in the new series, as Nikolaj Coster-Waldau admitted that 'all the pieces fit' together in the end.

Of the finale's script, he revealed: 'I mean, when I read it... some of the parts of it I'd get, and other parts of it were just completely shocking and surprising.'

While Nathalie Emmanuel, who portrays Daenerys' right-hand woman Missandei, has suggested fans 'will have their mind blown' by the fantasy epic's forthcoming final outing.

Uh huh. That along with Kit's comments about finales in his favorite shows, Breaking Bad, Wire, seem to indicate Jon Snow may drop dead.

He was never really alive.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
So... how's that new book coming along?
i think Quarm just said fuck it, when this show ends, nobody is going to care how the books really end the story. cuz people will compare his ending with the show and give him shit for being contrarian to the TV show or for being lazy by mirroring the TV show too much. i wrote this shit off two years ago and am just anxious for it all to end now. i wont be bothering with their cash grab spinoffs either. Quarm can go fuck himself.

• 1Worf

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Quarm was best dragon. Only because it was SO fucking big. I forget, did Furor ever end up killing it? I know I had stopped playing EQ briefly during the PoP expansion. It was around 1/2 way through if I recall. Then I came back towards the end, played when LoY was released (getting a Kodo mount), and for maybe a month after Lost Dungeons. But then I stopped playing all together and began playing WoW's beta after he invited me in. Max level was 39 and there were no talents back then. Good times.

• 1Like

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Quarm?

latest