GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lemmiwinks_sl

shitlord
Nah this is pretty much it exactly. She believed she always had some power but definitely used conjurers tricks/etc to keep up a front that she was more powerful than she was, but now that magic is coming back in to the world she needs her tricks less and less.

also from what viewers have seen, Mel's god/magic is real while the rest are pretty much non-existent in this world, so they must assume something will happen to the 3 people named. It appears that they will kill them off in the order named as well (which didn't happen in the books, they died Balon, Robb, Joffrey when they were named in order: Joffrey, Balon, Robb), which pretty much confirms that her god "did it" despite the belief by many readers that she simply saw their deaths in the flames and "tricked" stannis/davos into believing it was her power that caused it.
I dont see how anything you mentions confirms Mel's god killing off the three kings, especially when plans to betray Robb were sewn in the beginning of book 2, way before Mel had plans to use leeches or maybe even before she saw it in the flames.

Edit: Also, Dany see's the Red Wedding in a vision at the House of the Undying during book 2 as well.

Cybsled

Blackfish will probably get sick of being near the Freys and go outside, at which point all the shit will go down and he will escape. Everyone inside the keep is fucked (killed or captured) because there are limited points of escape (or entrance). That's the whole point of a keep, but outside as long as he can make it to the river he can gtfo.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
If they end the episode with Arya getting knocked out, people will be shocked still. 3 major characters "dying" plus all the others. Everyone will think it's a fucking massacre (which it is).

LadyVex_sl

shitlord
I thought "Lot Seven" and "Melody" was refering to her being sold as a slave in the past?
Oh I almost completely assume they are. But she repeats them a few times during her POV chapters in ADWD, and not so much in the "This is what I came from" but in a "This seems to be bothering her".

It's completely veiled atm - it just seems like instead of a past that is haunting her it might be a bit more relevant in the future. That's just predictions, but for someone of Mel's caliber to keep remembering "phrases" even if it's from her time as a slave, it just seems...odd.

Good many people I hang out with daily have not read the books, so i absolutely cannot wait for these last few episodes. It's going to be glorious.

Ao-

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
<WoW Guild Officer>
Isn't it a big thing that most servants of the red god are/were originally slaves? Like the dude who healed Victarion's arm?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
most of the population of essos are slaves so its very likely most of their priests/priestesses would be too. red priests look like they have had to endure certain very harsh disciplines, something i cant see one of those "dune coon" slaver lords doing.
smile.png

smile.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Man this weeks episode was so fucking gay. Literally the gayest thing I've ever seen. Didn't even recognize the characters and who the hell was Matt Damon supposed to be?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
oh please, the chick works her body so it looks good. its likely what got her the role in the first place. IMO once you have filmed one nude scene you may as well keep doing it when asked. not doing a nude scene doesnt make you a better actress. though if you suck cock on camera, you probably will be blacklisted from Hollywood and have to change your name to Chloe Sevigny.
tongue.png

tongue.png

Kate Winslet should do a PSA for Hollywood actresses about nudity. She busts out them titties all the damn time, and still manages to be taken seriously and rake in awards and accolades. If the actress in question feels like weighing the pros and cons of being on fucking Game of Thrones versus hiding her precious breasts, I think there is a clear winner.

chaos

Buzzfeed Editor
Kate Winslet's titties are always welcome. But she's probably the exception to the rule. There probably aren't tons of roles for women that involve top shelf acting + dat ass. One day GoT will be over and this chick will be just another blonde girl trying to get a part, it isn't fair but it is what it is. I'm no expert on this but I've seen several episodes of Entourage so I feel like I am something of an authority.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Man this weeks episode was so fucking gay. Literally the gayest thing I've ever seen. Didn't even recognize the characters and who the hell was Matt Damon supposed to be?
seemed similar to what x-files did with fox mulder by turning him into a drunken ex-FBI now sex crazed shitty author. i don't watch x-files anymore. the opening credits don't even make sense.

i think they were trying to do some "artsy" thing & failed miserably. i know the show's based on A Song of Ice & Fire but they took it too far! since when do lannisters play piano? i don't get it.

khalid

Unelected Mod
And a crap actor in no danger of being taken seriously anyway.
Emilia Clarke did a great job in s1 and has been incredible so far this season. In S2 she was horrible but I think its pretty clear in hindsight that was due to the shitty lines they kept having her repeat. Having her yell "Where are my dragons" over and over again was horrible.

The rumors about Emilia Clarke having some sort of no-nude clause have been going around since the end of s1 with no substantiation. Even if it is true, its pretty clear that she is okay with showing off her breasts and ass so Im good with it. It doesn't shock me that actresses want some sort of control on how often they are portrayed naked.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
I dont see how anything you mentions confirms Mel's god killing off the three kings, especially when plans to betray Robb were sewn in the beginning of book 2, way before Mel had plans to use leeches or maybe even before she saw it in the flames.

Edit: Also, Dany see's the Red Wedding in a vision at the House of the Undying during book 2 as well.
I said "from what viewers have seen", as in, people watching the show who haven't read the books, so your point about book details is irrelevant. Non-LoL faith stuff they've seen: Ned praying to the old gods and having his head lopped off. They've seen Sansha preying to them, having her dream wedding to Ser GayKnight McTeendream being ripped from her and ended up married to Tyrion lannister. They've seen the High Septon of the Seven literally ripped to pieces by an angry mob.

"Magical" stuff they've seen: Danaerys' dragons being born and herself being immune to the fire that birthed them. Warging, Giants, Wights, and Whitewalkers, all stuff beyond the wall, tied to the Great other (though i don't recall it ever being specifically referenced in the show), Mel/stannis scenes have clearly indicated that this is the great evil that will doom the world that they are trying to prevent.

And R'Hllor stuff they've seen: Melisandre drinks poison and does not die. Mel birth's a shadow demon that kills Renly Baratheon. Mel/stannis seeing visions in the flames. Mel predicting the future with these visions. Thoros of Myr resurrecting Beric Dondarrion 6 mother fucking times. edit: also they've seen a Faceless Man, who in the show specifically says he worships the "Red God"

So after going on and on for 2+ seasons about the power in kings blood, spending half this season searching for a bastard with King's blood in it, and then seeing a blood ritual and stannis naming 3 specific enemies of his, they will assume that something bad is going to happen to those people. And when the show kills them off one by one in the precise order that they are named (which as I pointed out is a change from the books), TV viewers will assume that Melisandre's ritual is what killed these men, or at least influenced the circumstances that resulted in their deaths.

This is assuming of course that Balon dies after Robb. The RW will be in episode 9 and the actress playing Yara (Asha but whatev) is scheduled to appear in episode 10, so we may have that happen this season as well.

iannis

Musty Nester
Hodor.

The connection between R'Hllor and the Red God is a murky for a non-book reader. Without this thread I would think that Mellisandre's Lord of Light and Jaquen's God of Death are two separate Gods. I mean yeah she wears red, and the faceless man called him the Red God. But Mel's god is the god of light and fire, and you can't HELP but think that Jaqen's god is the god of blood and shadow. Not that it's a big deal, and they've already established the Lord of Light is "the one god" -- so if he's zoroastrian who gives, and it will take all of 20 seconds worth of conversation between Ayra and Mel or Thorros or who-the-fuck-ever to make that clear. And that would be an "Oh. Well that makes sense" scene.

I'm just sayin I doubt many people make that connection without extra-HBO aids. It's there, but it's a little too subtle for television. Unless there was a scene I've forgotten where someone said, "Oh yeah, that's the same God-dude". Which is possible.