GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Lowendtheory_sl

shitlord
I don't understand why people were so attached to Robb, Catelyn and Talisa. They didn't get much screen time and none of them were very likeable or entertaining. I would expect this kind of reaction if they killed off Tyrion and Cersei or something. Even though they are supposed to be the "bad guys", they are much more entertaining.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
It's becoming trendy to freak out about the episode? You mean...the episode that aired not even 24 hours ago? Calm down, hipster. We love ourselves a good revenge story and now his son will never get the chance to have that revenge. I'm cheering for White Walkers and Dany.

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
LoL yeah I was about to say the same thing. Robb was winning the war, Tywin knew it....everyone knew it. Robb's only downfall was thinking he could break his word on marrying someone else. Which as it turns out was seemingly a fairly large mistake. lol
Robb wasn't winning the war, at least not since Stannis was routed by the Lannisters and Tyrells at the end of season 2. They said earlier in S3 that Robb had neither the resources nor the men to lay siege to King's landing. Marrying for love instead of duty was his biggest mistake, but far from his only mistake. Maybe if he hadn't executed Karstark and lost all those men and if he had kept his word to Frey and had those men he would have had a chance, but for some reason duty wasn't important to Robb when he married yet it was important to him to alienate the Karsarks and lose a large portion of his army.

Take note of the first scene of ep 9. Cat and Robb are talking of going after Casterly Rock and they both acknowledge that it is basically a suicide mission and if the Lannister reinforcements arrive in time they lose the war and will probably suffer worse deaths than Ned Stark. You don't go for a desperate suicide mission which is 90% driven by revenge if you're winning a war.

For being regarded as noble and honorable, the northerners had a camp full of betrayal and treasons. Theon betraying Robb, Cat releasing Jaime, Rob marrying Talisa, Karstark killing the Lannister children and finally Roose being part of the wedding massacre.

Hamscratch_sl

shitlord
It's becoming trendy to freak out about the episode? You mean...the episode that aired not even 24 hours ago? Calm down, hipster. We love ourselves a good revenge story and now his son will never get the chance to have that revenge. I'm cheering for White Walkers and Dany.
Poor choice of wording on my part. I guess I just wasn't expecting so many people freaking out to the level that they have been.

Robb lost his way. I think Rickard Karstark said something along the lines that Robb lost the war the second he married Talisa.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Five.

Describing Sansa as a 'very angry Stark' is kind of funny though. In fact, describing Sansa as a Stark at all is downright hilarious. Also, Rickon is what, 8 years old?

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
#TeamFray. I've already gone over how I found Cat to be the most insufferable character in the entire series so I'm glad she's dead. Robb is a fucking retard for marrying some low-born chick with a firm ass instead of realizing when you're playing the Game you need to marry for purpose not love. So I wanted him off as well. I just hate the Starks in general. Wouldn't mind Arya to die because she's annoying. Of course I want Sansa gone. Riccan isn't really in the show much so whatever. I'm now interested in seeing Bran sleepwalk Hodor at the moment.

I'm still rooting for the Lannisters. Tywin is a complete bad ass, Tyrion is hilarious, Jamie is hilarious and Cercei schemes with the best of them (although worse as of late.) I'm still not 100% sure why everyone rags on Joff so much outside of him being a kid of incest. He hasn't done anything half as retarded as Robb marrying that chick "for the love." At least he understands to marry for power. So apparently that makes him way smarter. Sure he didn't have much a hand in the ordeal but he did hold the city from Stannis. Not sure why everyone thinks all kings need to be so hands on that Joff should have been leading the vanguard.

Szlia

My jimmies are rustled, but it's not because I liked Robb or Cat, it's because the main driving force behind the whole show (the war for the iron throne) is now gone. Now we are just left with several side stories that, without the context of the war, all reach 'who cares?' level. Sam, girl and kid? Cripple Stark? Arya? Jon? Stannis and Melisandre? They all have zero impact on anything, so who cares? There are other forces (Danny, Mance, ice zombies), but all three are both monolithic and far away, so who cares? It's leaves us with King's Landing's soap opera, which has been great but lost 80% of its tension (no war preventing people to leave King's Landing and Joffery's asshatery behind, no war making the throne shaky, no war making treason in favor of a third party possible).

So yeah, the question for me is not 'Why should I keep watching if the characters I invest in are getting killed?' it's 'Why should I keep watching now that the story became almost totally uninteresting?'

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
#TeamFray. I've already gone over how I found Cat to be the most insufferable character in the entire series so I'm glad she's dead. Robb is a fucking retard for marrying some low-born chick with a firm ass instead of realizing when you're playing the Game you need to marry for purpose not love. So I wanted him off as well. I just hate the Starks in general. Wouldn't mind Arya to die because she's annoying. Of course I want Sansa gone. Riccan isn't really in the show much so whatever. I'm now interested in seeing Bran sleepwalk Hodor at the moment.

I'm still rooting for the Lannisters. Tywin is a complete bad ass, Tyrion is hilarious, Jamie is hilarious and Cercei schemes with the best of them (although worse as of late.) I'm still not 100% sure why everyone rags on Joff so much outside of him being a kid of incest. He hasn't done anything half as retarded as Robb marrying that chick "for the love." At least he understands to marry for power. So apparently that makes him way smarter. Sure he didn't have much a hand in the ordeal but he did hold the city from Stannis. Not sure why everyone thinks all kings need to be so hands on that Joff should have been leading the vanguard.
Oh, I don't know, having Ned Stark publicly executed, inciting the entire north to rise in rebellion, seems to be a helluva lot fucking dumber than Rob marrying that chick, so yeah Joffrey unquestionably wins the biggest dumbfuck to be called a king award.

I love Jaime, Tyrion, and Tywin, but Cersei is a retarded cunt whose lack of control over her fucking 14 year old son caused everything to blow the fuck up in the first place. Cersei doesn't scheme with the best of them, she's an embarrassment to the name Lannister.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
After watching how they ended her, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed her just so she could be pregnant and get stabbed in a womb a bunch.
I'll never understand why they gave Talisa/Jeyne a bigger role in the show than she ever had in the books and in my opinion they did that at the expense of Catelyn's character.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Well they probably decided on the changes to the red wedding all the way back then, so my guess is they decided it would be easier to have her be a nobody if they were going to kill her at the wedding.
Ned was convicted of treason. You think the first thing my boy Joff should have done as king was not give that to proper punishment?

Szlia

I'm still not 100% sure why everyone rags on Joff so much outside of him being a kid of incest. He hasn't done anything half as retarded as Robb marrying that chick "for the love." At least he understands to marry for power. So apparently that makes him way smarter. Sure he didn't have much a hand in the ordeal but he did hold the city from Stannis. Not sure why everyone thinks all kings need to be so hands on that Joff should have been leading the vanguard.
The fact he is a cruel despotic coward can lead people to dislike him. Note that not a single character in the story like him and that the only reason he is still alive is because Tyrion and Tywin are stand up guys, Cersei is his mother and Littlefinger feels he can manipulate him. I would advise him to not fuck with Jaime though.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Considering that part of Ned's agreement to confess was an agreement to clemency and being banished to the wall instead of executed?

Yeah, Joffrey is an inbred retard who royally fucked up the plan.

Also I have no idea why you are responding to the wrong post in the wrong thread.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
I forgot to post this earlier: You guys arguing about whether Catelyn or Robb screwed up more seem to be missing the point that they both screwed up horribly.

Catelyn:
Captured Tyrion unjustly and without merit, causing Tywin to start a war.
Let Tyrion go by bringing him to her idiot sister.
Released Jamie to the wild, which not only made Robb's bannermen start to rebel but also lost the only card Robb had.

Robb:
Married Talisa instead of Walder Frey's daughter. If you're the king you can have so many bitches along with your wife.
Didn't press the strategic advantage he had by attacking high value targets but instead fucked around in the north with all his troops.
Killed Karstark.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I don't know what else they need Joeffrey to do to make Tenks hate him. I like his scenes just because they're very entertaining but yeah, he's a huge prick.

Ender4212

Golden Knight of the Realm
I didn't see if this was mentioned yet, but wouldn't Jon Snow know his brothers were nearby after seeing the wolves? In the first episode they talk about how rare it is to see dire wolves south of the wall, so I have to believe something clicked there. Of course he had to get the hell out in a hurry, but wondering if he may head back to search for them.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
People blow this stuff out of proportion. I actually laughed a bit when it was over. It's a great series. Somehow I expect the Starks to have their revenge.

Binkles_sl

shitlord
Yeah I don't know what else they need Joeffrey to do to make Tenks hate him. I like his scenes just because they're very entertaining but yeah, he's a huge prick.
He seems to be a combination of narcissism and sociopathy. His few moments of magnanimous behavior appear superficial or precipitated by pressure from others. A little Napoleon without the commensurate experience or ability.