GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
lol, the whole time they kept saying "the crypt is the safest place!".. I'm just thinking "yea, the Knight king gonna rez all those m'fers and it won't be then".

I would be surprised if the crypt isn't a pure loss.

Weird idea, I guess we haven't seen any limitation on how long people have been dead versus him being able to raise them. I have a hard time thinking Gilly and the baby just die though, I feel like Sam and fam get through everything.

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
I thought the episode was just fine, better than ep1, a lot of pieces and dialogue put in place. Now next week can be a big effects driven piece with characters dying off.
Was this Jaime's send-off episode, does he get killed by the dead? Was a lot of focus on him this episode with that knighting being the final piece to make him look "decent" before keeling over.

All the characters are in 1 place, all the reunions are done, we got the tension with Daeny knowing Jon's lineage, or at least conflicted about it to add tension in eps 4-6.
Daeny keeps looking more crazy with her throne obsession. No empathy... except she spared Jaime for some reason. So definitely seems like she'll be getting killed at some point. Anyone with a throne obsession hasn't lasted.

Arya got her weapon, Bran has the plan and apparently told his entire story to Tyrion before Tyrion went off for drinks.
The showdown with Bran and the King will hopefully be awesome.

I'm not disappointed and frankly I don't know what most of you want. This is a drama and it requires that there be dialogue and moving pieces. It's also a TV show that isn't going to have big effects every episode. The alternative is summarize everything into 10 minutes and just give us the battle... in fact the entire 8 season show could be 1 long montage while we're at it.

The next 4 episodes will be the payoff. I guarantee it. (although some of you will still be salty motherfuckers.)

You aren’t wrong, let’s get that out there now.

However, some of those scenes dragged the fuck on and could have spread out a little better between episodes. A whole episode of it with over half the scenes being either too long or just plain boring just doesn’t work in the final stretch. It’s crunch time and while some of the schlock was entertaining it also failed to serve moving the story forward. We don’t need foreshadowing anymore, we are where the foreshadowing should already be paying off.

I ain’t knocking anyone for enjoying what it was, I think some of us just don’t need it to be that anymore and feel like this episode was largely wasted when there are so few left.

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Well at least these two episodes were relatively short compared to the rest. I thought we all knew jack shit was going to happen until the battle of Winterfell, which we also know is episode 3. Last chance for "happy" scenes before whatever percent of the cast dies next week. Fireplace scenes reminded me of the Witcher 3's drunken antics mission as the calm before the Battle of Kaer Morhen.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Vanderhoof

Trakanon Raider
Me drinking giant's milk.

4DiT.gif

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Weird idea, I guess we haven't seen any limitation on how long people have been dead versus him being able to raise them. I have a hard time thinking Gilly and the baby just die though, I feel like Sam and fam get through everything.

If the dead in the crypts come back they will probably be more like Blackfingers and retain some of their humanity, would be awesome if Ned Stark came back just to save the day before being obliterated by Sindragosa. Arya is shown to be looking scared and fleeing in what could be the crypts so something probably does not go well for them.

My worry is that they are going to destroy winterfell, again, and have most of the Northernerns die. This will end the question of “what of the North” because the bulk of the northerners and their homes will be gone.

Jive Turkey

Karen

Bran and co were literally battling skeletons before meeting the Three Eyed Raven

• 1Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
I thought this week's episode was great. We've been following all these characters for years. It was nice to get an episode that really felt like all the branches of stories finally coming together. A calm-before-the-storm episode is the perfect place to do that. None of the dialogue was boring.
My initial thought on Jon's suggestion that killing the Night King will bring down the whole army felt a bit Phantom Menace at first, but then again he was always going to be the final boss anyway, so it doesn't really make a difference if it's to destroy all the dead or to just finish the battle.

Everyone complaining about the little time left: I almost feel like there's TOO much time left. The battle at Winterfell seems like what the entire show has been building toward since the very beginning. Are we going to see the Night King defeated in the next episode? The one after that? I know there's the whole Cersei thing left, but it almost feels like they'd be doing it in reverse order. Westeros vs the Undead should be the ultimate battle

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Westeros vs the Undead should be the ultimate battle

lol, no. The saving grace of last season's pile of shit was Cersei's betrayal. The name of the fucking show is Game of Thrones and I was so glad they didn't decide to Warcraft it up at the last minute.

Cynical

Canuckistani Terrorist
Tormund, holy fuck pay that guy more money.

Yeah that sex scene was creepy, she still looks like a 13 year old to me, had to skip that bit.

Keep expecting some twist where the undead end up heading to King's Landing, I really want to see Cersi shit bricks when there's an army of undead wanting to turn her skull into a tootsie pop, and she pulls some crazy unhinged Cersi brand shit.

• 1Like

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
lol, the whole time they kept saying "the crypt is the safest place!".. I'm just thinking "yea, the Knight king gonna rez all those m'fers and it won't be then".

I would be surprised if the crypt isn't a pure loss.
Thought about this too. Not sure it will go in that direction but would be fucking crazy if it did.

Seems a few characters were getting their send-offs or else a fake out. Jon telling Dany before the battle was a dumbass move. Knighting Brienne was good.

Goes without saying but Winterfell's about to go to shit.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
esp 4 and 5 will be the month long trip to kings landing

and then we'll all wish they had a fleet of teleporting ships built on an island with no trees.

*edit*

Also I really feel like they could kill off Gilly and her sonbrother just to pick on Sam some more.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
lol, no. The saving grace of last season's pile of shit was Cersei's betrayal. The name of the fucking show is Game of Thrones and I was so glad they didn't decide to Warcraft it up at the last minute.

They've been saying "winter is coming" since the very first episode. White Walkers are in the show before any of the main characters. If you prefer the other way around, fine, but "lol glad they aren't world of warcrafting it at the last minute" makes no sense at all

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
It's one of those things again, we're starved for time and complain about how they can't fit shit in, but we waste a scene with some little girl who wants to fight and gets convinced not to? What the fuck is that?

Only redeeming part was the shit with Tormund was fucking hilarious.