GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
It was cool they did the flaming sword charge into darkness and got snuffed out but I am disappointed that is all it was. I loved me some horse Darthraki fighting.
The unsullied retreat stance was well done and effective considering the numbers and what they were fighting. They had multiple flanks and many pulled back but was overwhelmed. Doesn't look like many survive but I assume they use the NK tactic on King's Landing and kill the snake. That or Darios(sp) suddenly appears and he had paid the Golden Company more or something.

That is the real shame of the show overall. All these people left behind or just their story ended with no further involvement.
Is it even 7 Kingdoms in the end with most of them erased now?

gotta imagine hbo has plans for all sorts of spinoffs, even after the prequels they doing

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It was cool they did the flaming sword charge into darkness and got snuffed out but I am disappointed that is all it was. I loved me some horse Darthraki fighting.
The unsullied retreat stance was well done and effective considering the numbers and what they were fighting. They had multiple flanks and many pulled back but was overwhelmed. Doesn't look like many survive but I assume they use the NK tactic on King's Landing and kill the snake. That or Darios(sp) suddenly appears and he had paid the Golden Company more or something.

That is the real shame of the show overall. All these people left behind or just their story ended with no further involvement.
Is it even 7 Kingdoms in the end with most of them erased now?
my favorite loose end in the show was Quaithe. she seemed super mystical and all knowing. so many fan theories on who she really was.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Oldbased

> Than U
So...something else here....

My wife likes to watch with captions on. When the Night King is killed and all the undead fall....Jorah falls to the ground and simply says "I'm hurt".

Jorah Mormont, last of his house alive in the world.... his last words were "I'm hurt".

I do as well and there was several of those in the episode where I saw captions but didn't hear any words or couldn't make them out.
Also I was first I think to bitch about the screen washing out. I am using HBO Now but on a 4k HDR fire stick qith fiber internet. 99.9% of the shit I watch is awesome but this was 2002 cable quality on a Walmart LCD type shit. I demand justice.

• 1Like

Cybsled

zzzGOT.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Meh..Arya killing the nightking was okay from a logic perspective, she had the training, the dagger ect. (I know there is an issue with dragon fire not killing him vs steel forged from dragon fire...But Valaryian steel isn't just about dragon fire, other spells were woven into it.)...I think the reason it felt unfulfilling is because there is like zero emotional connection between Arya and the NK. John lost to that fucker multiple times, and watched as the NK took people he'd come to care about and could do nothing. There was a deep resonance there for a showdown. I get Martin likes to take away those emotional buildups (Like with Joffrey's death or the Red Wedding)...but in this case, to actually have the final showdown and then turn it sideways felt even more cheap because the NKs death was the ONLY thing we got in terms of resolution--no more insight into the 3E Raven's relationship with him, or his powers or his motivation. He may as well just have been a force of nature, and that's fine if he was, but it only makes more ride on how he's overcome...and ripping a lot of emotional buildup out of that probably isn't a good call.

Also, too much fucking dark. Damn.

• 10Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 13 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
I hope we get story on what Bran was doing doing the fight. Letting it end with him just shitting his pants would be a disservice to the entire show.

• 4Like
  • 1Garbage
Reactions: 4 users

Nex

Molten Core Raider
Bran is the world's memory. He was obviously recording the battle with his ravens.

• 3Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Meh, Pacific Rim level CGI using Blur instead of a bigger Budget. Arya killing the NK was ofc. But how did she know to stab him where the Children of the Forest stabbed him when they created him? After wiping out an impossible army taking down Cersi is bound to be very anti-climatic.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Bran is the world's memory. He was obviously recording the battle with his ravens.
He's the great autist. Obviously he zoned out to help himself focus on coloring, those crayons don't keep themselves within the lines.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1Garbage

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I was disappoint no undead Hodor. I thought the NK not fighting Jon was good. The NK was after the three eyed raven and gave 2 shits about Jon

PREEEEEETTY sure undead hodor was killed by lyanna mormont.

• 3Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
This quote from GRRM is kind of interesting, and might provide insight that he didn't/doesn't plan for the Others to be the final fight.

The number one question people ask me about the series is whether I think everyone will lose—whether it will end in some horrible apocalypse. I know you can’t speak to that specifically, but as a revisionist of epic fantasy
“I haven’t written the ending yet, so I don’t know, but no. That’s certainly not my intent. I’ve said before that the tone of the ending that I’m going for is bittersweet. I mean, it’s no secret that Tolkien has been a huge influence on me, and I love the way he ended ’Lord of the Rings.’ It ends with victory, but it’s a bittersweet victory. Frodo is never whole again, and he goes away to the Undying Lands, and the other people live their lives. And the scouring of the Shire—brilliant piece of work, which I didn’t understand when I was 13 years old: ’Why is this here? The story’s over?’ But every time I read it I understand the brilliance of that segment more and more. All I can say is that’s the kind of tone I will be aiming for. Whether I achieve it or not, that will be up to people like you and my readers to judge.
Exclusive: George R.R. Martin Says ‘Game of Thrones’ Ending Will Be ‘Bittersweet’

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Don't know how I feel about the episode really. Was definitely an experience to watch, though.

Dothraki getting snuffed out one flame at a time was great, as was the initial undead horde rushing into view afterwards. There were a lot of visually awesome scenes, especially the dragon fight above the clouds and a fucked up Viserion spewing blue flame out the side of his face while Jon was trying to figure out how not to die.

Arya killing the NK... not sure what to say that hasn't already been said. Felt good to see him get rekt, but felt cheap how she just appeared out of nowhere, even if she's a super assassin. The godswood was PACKED on all sides with wights. Did she jump off the roof?

What the goddamn fuck was Bran doing? Warged and got to see the NK through the eyes of ravens. All right? So what? To what end or purpose? It's late so maybe I'm missing something but it sounds like his only reason to become the three eyed raven was to discover Jon's true heritage. Maybe that's enough, but it makes me wonder why bother with him now narratively. Hopefully he'll contribute somehow to whatever goes down in KL.

Speaking of which, if this was truly the end of the NK and the threat from the North, it feels like a giant weight has been lifted off our protagonists' backs and the fight for the Iron Throne is just a 3 episode epilogue that is nowhere near as dangerous. This was the fight for the fate of the world. The rest is just the fate of the Seven Kingdoms. It feels anticlimactic but maybe that's why so many of our favorites survived here. Guessing plenty will be killed to make the remaining conflict feel more important. Not sure where this goes other than Cleganebowl, Jaime killing Cersei, and whatever shenanigans happen between Jon and Dany.

I'd probably care more about the aftermath if Euron was even remotely as awesome and dangerous as he is in the books. Book Euron seems like he could almost be as threatening as the NK based on the preview chapters, what with him appearing to be some psychotic avatar of the Drowned God. They've never remotely hinted at his obsession with Valyria or occult shit in the show, so that aspect is obviously not happening. The actor just sucks anyway. Really wish they hadn't bungled that one for the final act.

I don't know how they could do it in a way that isn't retarded, but I almost hope that wasn't really the end of the white walker threat. Retarded writing has been par for the course since season 5, so who knows. I can't help but nitpick the shit out of this after the first 4 seasons though. Why didn't they show a 3 second clip of Ghost alive and killing shit? Why did the wights stabbing Beric while he was pulling a JC pose just collapse and let him catch up to Arya and Sandor? What were Sandor and Mel doing after Arya ran off? Why were Jaime, Grey Worm, Brienne, and Tormund all off doing their own separate "let's get surrounded by 50 wights and hope someone saves us somehow!" thing? Guess it didn't matter, but why the fuck was Dany just sitting there with Drogon letting a hundred wights climb up on him? Why did Mel walk so slowly to the trench? WHY DID NO ONE CONSIDER THE FACT THAT CRYPTS ARE FULL OF CORPSES? Why were those corpses able to bust through stone sarcophagi? Why is Sam still a bitch that got Edd killed? Whhhhhyyyyyyy?

Last edited:
  • 12Like
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 15 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Man I read a comment about Theon being leeroy Jenkins and I had a nice little nose laugh

Theeeeooooon
Greeeeeyjoy

• 5Like
  • 5Worf
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
. But how did she know to stab him where the Children of the Forest stabbed him when they created him?
Why do you think she knew anything about that? She just stabbed him center mass, which is good for a kill or cripple against anyone, especially against White Walkers if youre using dragonglass or valerian steel. Sams Walker kill clearly shows that anywhere in the torso will do it, and probably the limbs too.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Don't know how I feel about the episode really. Was definitely an experience to watch, though.

Dothraki getting snuffed out one flame at a time was great, as was the initial undead horde rushing into view afterwards. There were a lot of visually awesome scenes, especially the dragon fight above the clouds and a fucked up Viserion spewing blue flame out the side of his face while Jon was trying to figure out how not to die.

Arya killing the NK... not sure what to say that hasn't already been said. Felt good to see him get rekt, but felt cheap how she just appeared out of nowhere, even if she's a super assassin. The godswood was PACKED on all sides with wights. Did she jump off the roof?

What the goddamn fuck was Bran doing? Warged and got to see the NK through the eyes of ravens. All right? So what? To what end or purpose? It's late so maybe I'm missing something but it sounds like his only reason to become the three eyed raven was to discover Jon's true heritage. Maybe that's enough, but it makes me wonder why bother with him now narratively. Hopefully he'll contribute somehow to whatever goes down in KL.

Speaking of which, if this was truly the end of the NK and the threat from the North, it feels like a giant weight has been lifted off our protagonists' backs and the fight for the Iron Throne is just a 3 episode epilogue that is nowhere near as dangerous. This was the fight for the fate of the world. The rest is just the fate of the Seven Kingdoms. It feels anticlimactic but maybe that's why so many of our favorites survived here. Guessing plenty will be killed to make the remaining conflict feel more important. Not sure where this goes other than Cleganebowl, Jaime killing Cersei, and whatever shenanigans happen between Jon and Dany.

I'd probably care more about the aftermath if Euron was even remotely as awesome and dangerous as he is in the books. Book Euron seems like he could almost be as threatening as the NK based on the preview chapters, what with him appearing to be some psychotic avatar of the Drowned God. They've never remotely hinted at his obsession with Valyria or occult shit in the show, so that aspect is obviously not happening. The actor just sucks anyway. Really wish they hadn't bungled that one for the final act.

I don't know how they could do it in a way that isn't retarded, but I almost hope that wasn't really the end of the white walker theat. Retarded writing has been par for the course since season 5 though, so who knows. I can't help but nitpick the shit out of this after the first 4 seasons though. Why didn't they show a 3 second clip of Ghost alive and killing shit? Why did the wights stabbing Beric while he was pulling a JC pose just collapse and let him catch up to Arya and Sandor? What were Sandor and Mel doing after Arya ran off? Why were Jaime, Grey Worm, Brienne, and Tormund all off doing their own separate "let's get surrounded by 50 wights and hope someone saves us somehow!" thing? Guess it didn't matter, but why the fuck was Dany just sitting there with Drogon letting a hundred wights climb up on him? Why did Mel walk so slowly to the trench? WHY DID NO ONE CONSIDER THE FACT THAT CRYPTS ARE FULL OF CORPSES? Why were those corpses able to bust through stone sarcophagi? Why is Sam still a bitch that got Edd killed? Whhhhhyyyyyyy?
soon youll be asking yourself, how any of this can go forward now that Cersei's 3 main threats, Jon, Dany and NK have all been mostly eliminated? in reality Cersei, Euron and their impossible baby live happily ever after, occasionally throwing a Stark into a bear pit for their amusement.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Meh..Arya killing the nightking was okay from a logic perspective, she had the training, the dagger ect. (I know there is an issue with dragon fire not killing him vs steel forged from dragon fire...But Valaryian steel isn't just about dragon fire, other spells were woven into it.)...I think the reason it felt unfulfilling is because there is like zero emotional connection between Arya and the NK. John lost to that fucker multiple times, and watched as the NK took people he'd come to care about and could do nothing. There was a deep resonance there for a showdown. I get Martin likes to take away those emotional buildups (Like with Joffrey's death or the Red Wedding)...but in this case, to actually have the final showdown and then turn it sideways felt even more cheap because the NKs death was the ONLY thing we got in terms of resolution--no more insight into the 3E Raven's relationship with him, or his powers or his motivation. He may as well just have been a force of nature, and that's fine if he was, but it only makes more ride on how he's overcome...and ripping a lot of emotional buildup out of that probably isn't a good call.

Also, too much fucking dark. Damn.

Lithose this might be the only post of yours I've ever 100% agreed with. Rustled as fuck NK just did the John Cena you can't see me to Jon again and Arya takes the glory. No extra shit about Melisandre and why she's been fighting for so long, I guess we just assume the Lord of Light is real and was against the great Other dark god the whole time...nothing else to it.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I still think The Golden Company are the turncoats.
The Golden Company lore has not been introduced into the show. its too late now to do this. they're just mercs here and will do what they are told as long as the gold keeps flowing.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Episode was thrilling and brilliant. The lighting of the Dothraki Arakh swords only to see the slowly get snuffed out by the unseen horde of undead was one of the most effectively chilling things I have ever seen on a movie or TV screen.

I don't have much criticism, but I was surprised that so many of the characters lived.

One thing on the Arya death leap... I think she may have been hiding up in the Weirwood tree. After leaving Melisandre, she could have slipped out the window into the Godswood and into the Weirwood tree laying in wait for the Night King to make his move on Bran.

• 1Like

Teekey

Mr. Poopybutthole
One thing on the Arya death leap... I think she may have been hiding up in the Weirwood tree. After leaving Melisandre, she could have slipped out the window into the Godswood and into the Weirwood tree laying in wait for the Night King to make his move on Bran.

Well, they have the White Walker's hair blow a little, which to me indicated she was running by.

However in the library scene they establish that her movement is so silent, that none of the Wights hear her. Her blood dropping made more sound and garnered more attention than her moving around.

Last edited:
  • 3Like