GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I always felt like Book Dany could easily become the primary antagonist as everything she touches turn to shit but Show Dany never gave me that impression.

Show Dany arriving in Westeros and immediately jobbing several times to then now in this season job even more makes me think all her dumbassery is to make her take the same position her father once had - burn them all.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i dont even know what we're discussing anymore, dany hasnt done anything villainous yet outside of her usual burn fuckers alive for wronging her trick. the spoilers for next week may or not be true. but lets get to that point first, ok?

i glanced over the spoilers and i'm not really even convinced that they are accurate. that being said, my opinion on dany's mad queen turn is that it has been telegraphed for a LONG time. honestly, what i THINK, and have ALWAYS thought is that she will have that huge temptation to burn everything down, and maybe even does to some extent, but the overall character arc is that she is ultimately better than her father and instead of having to be murdered by one of her most trusted servants, she sacrifices herself for the greater good.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
she would have burnt several cities to the ground at this point if her advisors hadn't talked her out of it.

She was ranting in the middle of a fucking siege while the goddamn floor was shaking from the repeated impact of ship mounted weapons, after learning that the Wise Masters she hadn't killed had retaken both Yunkai and Astapor and reestablished slavery in those cities. It's not like she calmly laid out a plan to torch Yunkai and Astapor for Tyrion and Varys to critique, nor is it anything like carefully positioning caches of wildfire underneath the city so you can commit one giant mass murder. So if they were really trying to foreshadow the villain turn back in Essos, they badly missed the mark.

I've always disliked the character. Part of that is because of how dull her chapters in the books are, because I didn't terribly enjoy reading a goddamn 15 year old girl's inner monologue as she moons over Daario. In the show I've disliked her because she's a one-dimensional heroine that spent most of the series exalted as the vessel of destiny. I thought it might be interesting if they set up a conflict between two 'chosen ones' in Dany and Jon, but instead they decided that Dany would rather abruptly become mentally and emotionally unfit to rule, rather than simply inexperienced.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i dont even know what we're discussing anymore, dany hasnt done anything villainous yet outside of her usual burn fuckers alive for wronging her trick. the spoilers for next week may or not be true. but lets get to that point first, ok?

It's because she was going all crazy eyes last episode.

ShowyFondDunnart-size_restricted.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
i glanced over the spoilers and i'm not really even convinced that they are accurate. that being said, my opinion on dany's mad queen turn is that it has been telegraphed for a LONG time. honestly, what i THINK, and have ALWAYS thought is that she will have that huge temptation to burn everything down, and maybe even does to some extent, but the overall character arc is that she is ultimately better than her father and instead of having to be murdered by one of her most trusted servants, she sacrifices herself for the greater good.

That or the reminders that madness runs in the Targaryen family.

Pigbenis

Molten Core Raider
I love how he just sent Ghost away without even saying goodbye. Ghost guarded his ass while he was dead! Worst dog owner ever!

• 4Like

Fedor

<Banned>
  • 7Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 8 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
I love how he just sent Ghost away without even saying goodbye. Ghost guarded his ass while he was dead! Worst dog owner ever!

In the after show they explained that when Jon and Ghost look at each other they are doing a "psychic" farewell. lol. They probably just didn't have money to film him petting the doggie.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
In the after show they explained that when Jon and Ghost look at each other they are doing a "psychic" farewell. lol. They probably just didn't have money to film him petting the doggie.

I will ask Robin Hobb if she finds that convincing.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Similar to Littlefinger sending Sansa off to be railed by Ramsey I 100% do not believe Jon would do such a thing.

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Valorath

Trakanon Raider
Pod is a virgin though. He drank when Tyrion called out Brienne.

Err didn’t the whores give him his money back because of how well he dicked them down when Tyrion and Bronn sent him to the whore house?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's because she was going all crazy eyes last episode.

ShowyFondDunnart-size_restricted.gif
nah, the show played forboding music while she's looking worried that she might be brushed aside for a more legit and level headed heir to he throne. i dont like that i have to defend fucking dany, hated her in the books and tv show, but this one instance i didnt see her starting to lose her mind. bitch has been doing this shit since season 1.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
nah, the show played forboding music while she's looking worried that she might be brushed aside for a more legit and level headed heir to he throne. i dont like that i have to defend fucking dany, hated her in the books and tv show, but this one instance i didnt see her starting to lose her mind. bitch has been doing this shit since season 1.

While it wasn't exactly a pain free ride, overall she was showered with adulation in Essos. She has suffered nothing but distrust, enmity, and loss since arrival in Westeros. Even though we're way past that point now, for a while I had hoped that she just said fuck it and went back to rule a big ass chunk of Essos after deciding that Westeros just wasn't worth it.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
While it wasn't exactly a pain free ride, overall she was showered with adulation in Essos. She has suffered nothing but distrust, enmity, and loss since arrival in Westeros. Even though we're way past that point now, for a while I had hoped that she just said fuck it and went back to rule a big ass chunk of Essos after deciding that Westeros just wasn't worth it.
she should have headed to Dorne, why didnt she?

rhinohelix

<Gold Donor>
As seen elsewhere, Speaking of shit that didn't mean anything, "There must always been a Starbucks in Winterfell".

• 4Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
She was brainwashed by her brother into thinking everyone owed her in Westeros?
Dorne was the only place that welcomed her. Dorne had a big reason for moving against KL. plus she had House Tyrell and their troops as allies. its been a few years, please somebody fill me in why that whole subplot was abandoned and Dany ended up in the north?

Duskoy

Blackwing Lair Raider
Show sucks donkey nuts, what the fuck happened? This season is The walking dead... in westeros. Awful shit

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Dorne was the only place that welcomed her. Dorne had a big reason for moving against KL. plus she had House Tyrell and their troops as allies. its been a few years, please somebody fill me in why that whole subplot was abandoned and Dany ended up in the north?

Pretty sure they said they didn't have time for the stuff they cut out from the books, like Lady Stoneheart. This season already feels like "Fuck I thought we had more seasons!" then any of the previous. The show was just getting too expensive for HBO I guess. I mean i wouldn't have been as meh about the Night King dying if it had been the whole season's plot and then the finale season was them going after Cersei.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user