GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Screenshotted>
At first I was worried about these guys doing a Star Wars trilogy, but now I can clearly see they know exactly how to write women characters.

plytbkj9qov21.jpg

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 6 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
- The dragons suck. That's kinda the point of the story here again. There is a theme of the re-enchantment of the world, but instead of going all high fantasy, the revived glorious past breaks its teeth against logistics and modernity.

Yeah, these are TOTALLY themes of the show, and not something some people pulled out of their ass to explain the stupid writing. No. It was lazy writing, and abandoned the moment they needed the Dragons to move the plot. The dragons suck when they need to, and they are atom fucking bombs when they need to be. Because the writing is dogshit.

• 13Like
  • 6Worf
Reactions: 18 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
How much fuel does a dragon have, anyway? I suspect Drogon's holocaust halitosis runs on fuel of some type, and he must be empty by now.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

In the books Jaime rejects a call for help from Cersei and sends Brienne on her mission with Oath Keeper. I honestly cannot envision that Jaime doing the same shit and will be super disappointed if that arc is fully repeated.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
Gonna laugh when they briefly show two dust covered people rowing away from King's Landing in a little Dinghy next ep.

• 6Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 7 users

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
Lithose Lithose Somehow I was unable to account for the episode that had not aired! I the light of this latest episode I would say Dragons only suck when you are supposed to root for them.

No, you made up a post-hoc theme that did not exist prior to that episode to explain a single instance of the dragons sucking when the entire theme before then had been they were effectively weapons of mass destruction. That theme was simply 'forgotten" when it was convenient and they needed to remove some dragons, and reinstated when they needed Dany to be menacing again.

The themes and abilities and characters in this show are being used to service the plot, rather than the plot being a natural byproduct of them. IE Lazy writing. Nothing changed this week except a continuation of literally what the whole show has been about and was forgotten for a single week, man. (Edit: And the worst part is, it wasn't needed. Dragons DID have some vulnerabilities, they could have done some more intricate writing to kill them off while still accounting for this...But the writing is just...Really fucking lazy.)

• 8Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
Dude she was ultra super duper good guy, they specifically took the ambiguity out of the sack of Astapor for the show. By no stretch of the imagination was her villain turn foreshadowed until we were halfway through season 7.

And I'm FINE with a villain turn, but they should have done more to set it up going at least as far back as season 4 or 5. IIRC the one and only 'wtf' thing she did was feeding a few random nobles to her dragons as vengeance for Ser Barristan's death.

Then why did I - someone who has never read any of the books - pick up on the fact that she was a bit tyrannical long before season 7? We've got people in this thread even arguing that she has always been a cunt. Clearly it was foreshadowed, it was just presented to the viewer from her perspective, so we went along with it. Sure, they dialled it WAY up this season, but they were leaving clues the whole time. The only thing that has really changed is they flipped the perspective we're seeing things from. Nobody thinks they're the bad guy; everyone thinks they're doing things for the greater good. But the devil is in the details.

I'll conduct an experiment. I'm rewatching the entire series with my girlfriend who had never seen the show before. We just finished the Hard Home episode in season 8 earlier today. I'll ask her what she thinks of Daenerys

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

jooka

marco esquandolas
<Bronze Donator>
8 fucking years for cersei to just be a whiny cunt crushed by a cave in.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
At the end of the show we will see whoeever ends up on the Throne (Tyrion) peel off his face and it ends up being Faceless Littlefinger.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Cybsled

Read an article that had some prior season quotes from Dany. Her going full Mad King was something she wanted to do previously, before people talked her out of it

“I will crucify the masters,...I will set their fleets afire. I will kill every last one of their soldiers and return their cities to the dirt. That’s my plan.”

“We will lay waste to armies and burn cities to the ground.”

• 2Like

Jive Turkey

Karen
No, you made up a post-hoc theme that did not exist prior to that episode to explain a single instance of the dragons sucking when the entire theme before then had been they were effectively weapons of mass destruction. That theme was simply 'forgotten" when it was convenient and they needed to remove some dragons, and reinstated when they needed Dany to be menacing again.

The themes and abilities and characters in this show are being used to service the plot, rather than the plot being a natural byproduct of them. IE Lazy writing. Nothing changed this week except a continuation of literally what the whole show has been about and was forgotten for a single week, man. (Edit: And the worst part is, it wasn't needed. Dragons DID have some vulnerabilities, they could have done some more intricate writing to kill them off while still accounting for this...But the writing is just...Really fucking lazy.)

In one instance, she was ambushed, in the other, she came in with a plan.

If the writers just wanted to get rid of a dragon, they would've just had it die the previous episode when everyone thought it might already be dead

• 2Like

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Need a meme of Commander Shepard pointing and laughing in ending comparisons to GoT.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Well.. They've said all along that winter was coming, and Dany DID make it snow in King's Landing....

I have a co worker who was VERY serious about getting a Targeryon crest inked onto her. Going to have a lot of fun with that on the team call tomorrow.

New ending next week.... Right as things are going as far sideways as possible the shot changes to Bran coming out of Worg, back at Winterfell in what would be episode 1, and then him telling John "I've seen how this turns out, Keep your mouth shut and keep fucking your aunt for all of our sakes asshole!" Fade to black, and then shoot an actual next season to end it with someone else at the helm.

Also, I don't put it past GRRM to have done this how he did so now when he does eventually finish the books he will be able to bill it as "GOT : HISHE"

• 2Like

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
Had super low expectations and actually thought it was mostly okay. Still too many stupid Hollywood moments.

Whining about Jaime seems a little silly -- should everyone have an uninterrupted clear character arc? Some people can't escape their bad habits (happens all the time irl) and Cersei was his drug. You can say it needed better writing and nuance but I don't think his story was a failure because he could never give up Cersei.

• 4Like
  • 1Dislike
Reactions: 4 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
JJ Abrams and fag Lindelof are breathing massive sighs of relief. No longer are they the two biggest retards in television

• 7Like
  • 4Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 11 users

Jonkimble

Lord Nagafen Raider
I enjoyed the sieging of the city. Production value is off the charts and puts most Hollywood movies to shame. People dying everywhere. Panic. Fear. Tension. Etc. All very well done. I loved the Clegane bowl(with Qyburn being snuffed here as well lol). Poetic how Mr. Hound finished him off. The Tyrion + Jaime bro scene was also a nice touch. I thought that was well done.

Edit: Had to give Djawadi a shoutout, he hasn't fucked up the score yet. He is definitely going to be employed for a long ass time.

Now...for the rest of the episode.

I don't think I have ever been as unsatisfied with a death than Cersei's. I legit swore at the TV. She was a fantastic villain for so long...and for her to go out like some depressing romance novel in the arms of her love...what the fuck!!!!
I did not like how easy it was for Dragon to BBQ all the Scorpions considering how much of a joke it was to snipe another dragon out of the sky.
I wish they would have given Varys's death more oomph. I really liked the guy, but they really did not give him good justice during his execution. He should have said something to Daenarys like a last words type of thing; "You are not the ruler that this realm deserves, and in time the rest of the world will learn." Would be poetic since he is in the business of spreading rumours.
Euron VS Jaime... Euron should have told Jaime that he put a baby inside of her while he was dying, and Jaime should have replied "Actually, that baby is mine."
Was a bit too much Arya...considering she got like a good chunk of screen time in episode 3, she didn't really need this much in this episode considering she didn't even do anything but have a decent goodbye to Mr. Hound.

In summary, wasn't the worst episode this season. But yeah, what a fall from grace to what this show was.

Last edited:
  • 8Like