GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Ambiturner

Ssraeszha Raider
Yeah I really feel like it was a "hey, David, who would they least expect to be on the throne at the end?" "well, Dan, I guess (spoiler)? Idfk."

Then they'll pat themselves on the back during the aftershow and smugly talk about how the viewer never actually saw/heard who Sansa was referring to when she asked "What if there's someone better?"

That and a throwaway line by Tyrion that shows we plebs were too stupid to see what was right in front out our faces the whole time!

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Jozu

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
The most disappointing thing is remembering how enthralling this show used to be. I still remember how fucking awesome it was to see The Hound in his dog helmet for the first time on screen. I used to get excited and tell people who I watched the show with how that was the Hound! He is like some badass who protects the Kings son. Then his fight with Gregor at the joust, it all felt so fucking wondrous and sucked you in.

Now things like Falling Debris plays a central role, Brienne turned into a damsel in distress, teleporting, railgun ballista etc.

I find myself uninterested and almost angry.

• 6Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 7 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
yes, just commenting how long we have had the same tech. used to be you had to upgrade your PC every other year or it wouldnt work with new stuff.

You've moved your goalpost so far that I can't be sure if it's even part of the same sport anymore.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Phones are like Katy Perry's ass. They are getting bigger every year.
that bitch was hot for one year, now shes a confused lesbo
7b21d780b2f6638eece10544c0e97325.jpg

• 1Like

SimSimSalabim

Molten Core Raider
The most disappointing thing is remembering how enthralling this show used to be. I still remember how fucking awesome it was to see The Hound in his dog helmet for the first time on screen. I used to get excited and tell people who I watched the show with how that was the Hound! He is like some badass who protects the Kings son. Then his fight with Gregor at the joust, it all felt so fucking wondrous and sucked you in.

Now things like Falling Debris plays a central role, Brienne turned into a damsel in distress, teleporting, railgun ballista etc.

I find myself uninterested and almost angry.

The most frustrating parts for me are where they hit on a plot point between major characters that works, but write it as complete nonsense. Jaime vs. Euron was a perfect example. All they needed was For Euron to already be on the beach or sitting on steps, drinking and accepting that he and the rest of KL are doomed to death. Jaime shows up and they have some dialogue that involves Euron claiming Cersei and the baby and Jaime revealing the baby is his and then they can fight like it was portrayed. Instead we got Euron washing up at the exact right time and the bare minimum of dialogue that was a mostly meaningless exchange that led to them fighting for essentially “just cuz”.

Instead of having a cool, memorable fight and the going out of an (in the books) interesting character...we got crap.

• 6Like
Reactions: 5 users

Screamfeeder

The Dirtbag
<Banned>
Grey Worm could have been such a better character, but instead, like most things with this show over the last 4 seasons, his development was shortstopped because a love angle had to be inserted for the sake of the plot.
You have no idea how much I DESPISE inserting a "romance" angle where one does not belong. I actively fight against (and generally lose) every single time this shit comes up. Without giving too much away I was working on a small fictional narrative project about something having to do with domestic terrorism (think a Unabomber type personality) and out of the blue we get an email about having this loner, psycho, deranged killer/bomber fall in fucking love...the reason? So he has something ELSE to "fight" for. WE JUST LAYED OUT 5 GODDAMN EPISODES WORTH OF SHIT HE IS FIGHTING FOR!

Thankfully one of the actual producers shut that down and the whole thing got canned and shelved.

I almost started drinking again that day.

• 9Like
  • 2Solidarity
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 11 users

Jozu

What's sad is we could sit here and pick this shit apart all night, which is fucking sad as we used to celebrate awesome moments, now shit is so egregious and misguided almost every event is tainted and could have been done better.

This isnt armchair writer shit either, it's just casual observations that any person with half a brain should make.

There are ways to expedite the story without breaking immersion or believability, D&D haven't figured that out. HBO tried to get them to do more episodes but they declined. It's almost like they didnt WANT to write great material, just fucking finish this shit up.

• 1Salty
  • 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
You've moved your goalpost so far that I can't be sure if it's even part of the same sport anymore.
i never moved anything, ten years we had the same tech we knew now. zzyzy posts and i agree, 2007 was the first ipod. you swoop in and try to punk me like i didnt know what zzyzzy posted. so who moved goalposts?

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Jive Turkey

Karen
i never moved anything, ten years we had the same tech we knew now. zzyzy posts and i agree, 2007 was the first ipod. you swoop in and try to punk me like i didnt know what zzyzzy posted. so who moved goalposts?
are you really making the argument that technology and innovation are *slowing down*??

• 2Worf

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

We didn't have the same tech we have now. We had earlier versions of the tech before the many advancements since its inception. Saying that we don't have new tech because we had smartphones 10 years ago is like saying we don't have new computer tech because of what Turing was working with. The smartphones of today are so far beyond the first iphone, that they are barely comparable.

Your complete lack of understanding of why PC's need to be upgraded so often back in the day kind of indicates why you're so gullible when it comes to things like ancient tech. The leaps in advancement grow smaller, but remain as frequent or even more frequent as things become refined, only breaking the pattern with large breakthroughs.

And if you still don't understand this and want to try to argue your original point: Look at drones, medical advancement, robotics, networking, or any of the other dozen areas that are experiencing drastic giant leaps just within the past half decade.

Jozu

Even medical technology is a good measuring stick.

10 years ago is forever in healthcare tech. You could argue it's the best benchmark for innovation as its purpose is wellness and saving life itself, nothing is more important or has a higher incentive for development.

Also it isnt about breakthroughs but also efficiency and accessibility. For example, getting a biopsy was a thing 10 years ago. Sometimes it could be invasive, surgery level type shit.

Now MRI and Scans are so advanced they dont even need to bother with biopsies anymore, which isnt a breakthrough perse, but still hugely important and impactful from a technology standpoint.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Even medical technology is a good measuring stick.

10 years ago is forever in healthcare tech. You could argue it's the best benchmark for innovation as its purpose is wellness and saving life itself, nothing is more important or has a higher incentive for development.

Also it isnt about breakthroughs but also efficiency and accessibility. For example, getting a biopsy was a thing 10 years ago. Sometimes it could be invasive, surgery level type shit.

Now MRI and Scans are so advanced they dont even need to bother with biopsies anymore, which isnt a breakthrough perse, but still hugely important and impactful from a technology standpoint.
better efficiency is good, but if you jumped in a time machine in 2009 and arrived in 2019, you would be hard pressed to notice any differences techwise hell, we even had thots in 2009.

• 1Like

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I wouldn't be hard pressed at all. I'd just need to drive over the Throgs Neck bridge and marvel at how there are no more toll booths and I don't even need to slow down.