GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Drakurii

Golden Baron of the Realm

An estimated 10.7 million U.S. employees say they plan to skip work on Monday, the day after the long-awaited conclusion to HBO’s hit fantasy series, according to a survey from the Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated. However, absences may just be part of the problem for employers, as about 27.2 million employees said the finale could cause them to miss work, show up late, work from home or otherwise be less productive than they would on a normal Monday.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

An estimated 10.7 million U.S. employees say they plan to skip work on Monday, the day after the long-awaited conclusion to HBO’s hit fantasy series, according to a survey from the Workforce Institute at Kronos Incorporated. However, absences may just be part of the problem for employers, as about 27.2 million employees said the finale could cause them to miss work, show up late, work from home or otherwise be less productive than they would on a normal Monday.
that sounds like bullshit, anyone that cant function normally after watching a tv show is probably unemployable to begin with.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Did all these people just never watch a single episode of GoT live before this? It's not like the air time has changed...

Bondurant

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Cybsled

I think GRRM did plan for Dany to go berserker on the city. It was just such a rush to end the show that we didn't get to see the transition and it seems random. But that twist definitely has GRRM written on it, totally unexpected, 7 seasons of "good" behavior and love only to turn into a raging evil queen at the end.

Ya, GRRM told them the main character arc endings/ideas he had planned out. Arya shanking Night King, Jaime dying with Cersei, Cleganebowl, 2 dragons dying, Dany going apeshit is 100% him.

• 1Worf
  • 1Seriously?
  • 1Like

Butthurt

<Nazi Janitors>
how many fat 70 year olds do you see? none. dude's gonna keel over in the next few years for sure. i don't care, the world he built was interesting and he (and D&D to be fair) kickstarted this whole "dark, adult fantasy/scifi CAN work on TV and pull in more numbers than a Kim Kardashian sex video" so I will never be mad at GoT or him for bringing us great shit like The Expanse, Lucifer, Good Omens, Witcher, Lord of the Rings, His Dark Materials, Ringworld, Kingkiller, Shadow and Bone, etc.

Also I'm glad he got to enjoy his success in his life, so many people who make genuinely new and interesting stuff end up dying before the world recognizes their stuff. I hope he secretly is doing tons of drugs and hookers, maybe he and Stan Lee would have raging parties and they'd murder all the hookers after to keep their secrets.

Every big streaming service is now chasing Game of Thrones audience numbers and it proved it can be successful, pre Game of Thrones execs would just dismiss us all as niche fans not worth pursuing (aka The SyFy network, Fox)
He did not bring us lord of the rings

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

As someone who did not read the books (I did read the spin-off novellas though), it is important to note that book Euron sounds completely idiotic. Like, 'over the top Dungeon & Dragons character in a campaign run by a 13 year old' idiotic. Not that the poor man's Jack Sparrow is much better, but heh.

• 2Dislike
  • 1Like
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
As someone who did not read the books (I did read the spin-off novellas though), it is important to note that book Euron sounds completely idiotic. Like, 'over the top Dungeon & Dragons character in a campaign run by a 13 year old' idiotic. Not that the poor man's Jack Sparrow is much better, but heh.

Oh, so your opinion is worthless since you never read about the real Euron? Thanks?

• 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
He's a bit D&D in that he appears to bridging the gap between the human and the fantastic as far as major black and white villains go, but I'm not sure what 13 year olds are coming up with that guy. Could just be that it's lost in translation between books and forums.

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I thought D&D literally stated Dany did it because of Jon's rejection? Someone posted this here a hundred pages ago. Is that not true?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Szlia

He's a bit D&D in that he appears to bridging the gap between the human and the fantastic as far as major black and white villains go, but I'm not sure what 13 year olds are coming up with that guy. Could just be that it's lost in translation between books and forums.
It probably is because the only thing people say about him is that he went dungeon crawling in Myth Drannor and found some gear. "Euron is so cool! He has a magic horn and a plate armor +3!' :rolleyes:

• 2Like
  • 1Worf

Lejina

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
<Bronze Donator>
I thought D&D literally stated Dany did it because of Jon's rejection? Someone posted this here a hundred pages ago. Is that not true?
She always had that blood thirst but her advisors mostly kept her in line throughout the story. Then she gradually lose advisors, as she conquers new lands she isn't seen as a savior like in the past but as a conqueror. She still clings to her teenage romance ways with Jon but that falls through too. So all she sees she has left is fire and blood to look for. The old fuck would have made the transition just fine I'm sure but instead we got writers who think it's surprising for an unmarried noble woman to be a virgin, so morons give you moronic writing and the whole thing look like it's coming out the left field even tho that was always the path Dany would end on.

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
It probably is because the only thing people say about him is that he went dungeon crawling in Myth Drannor and found some gear. "Euron is so cool! He has a magic horn and a plate armor +3!' :rolleyes:

You're missing out on context provided in the book. He disappeared after the Iron Islands fell, and nobody knew where he went. Years later, he shows up right after his brother (the "king") dies and he brings with him artifacts of unimaginable power, and he did this because he sailed to the ruins of Old Valyria, an area nobody else would sail to because it was essentially a "you go, you die" no-go zone. Not only does he come back with artifacts of power, he comes back with a horn that literally burns the throat of anyone that sounds it, and is a horn that can control dragons...

He embodies the true essence of what it means to be Ironborn. He not only paid the iron price, he paid the impossible iron price and was rewarded beyond any imaginable dreams. He's a walking set of giant iron balls.

• 3Like