GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
That scene is great.. But, it also represented one of the giant flaws with the show. and, a giant fracture in logic/logisitics. Showing the showrunners did not care about logic. just moving chess peices.

The Sept is blown up by wildfire. Religious leadership all wiped out. King suicides. etc... And, Circe just takes over. The people of the city... just shrug and go ok apparently. This was one of the biggest moments that showed, anyone that was not a named figure, did not exist. No one has desires, feelings, wants, or needs, that is not a major plot character. Armies just magically appear to follow named characters around. Food just magically appears to feed Lords.
Kings landing should have been in complete and total revolt after this. Civil unrest isn't even discussed. Because the people of kings landing don't exist to D&D, until they are needed to be burned alive.

ha, can you imagine how differently the audience would have felt if dany said this?

"cersei blew up her own city and not a single peasant batted so much as an eyebrow. they aren't innocent."

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
Bran the Broken is a reasonable enough conclusion, except there's no throne to sit on.

Do you really think so? He's a Stark from the North, who the South doesn't trust. He's also the weird tree guy, who the South doesn't believe in. His relationship to The Queen in the North doesn't really make sense--Westeros is unified but not?

Aside from the mystical logic that it's all who/where/when it's supposed to be, Bran as ruler doesn't really make sense.

Whenever Bran's brief explanations for anything are given, you can nearly hear crickets chirping before Sam or Tyrion dives into face-saving dialogue.

The justification is like, "If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must make Bran King."

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Anyone have Tyrion's idiotic story monologue anywhere?

You can't kill a good story!

Haha... yea. Right Tyrion. And how come nobody down south believed the Night King was a real thing for 7 seasons?

Bran doesn't even have very many stories of his own. He just steals them from everyone else. All hail Bran the Story Thief!

But hey, good thing he was worging for the entirety of episode 3. Had to get a bird's eye view of the battle so he could tell everyone about it.

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
It's not as if that was the only good shit that season. Battle of the Bastards, etc.
Narratively, the Battle of the Bastards was retarded as hell, namely everything related to Sansa and Littlefinger's forces from the vale. Season 5 and on have had tons of shit writing. Light of the Seven was great, but that's a 15 minute sequence in a sea of what the fuck is going on?

Anyway, I don't have a problem with Jon returning to the North, but it should've been a voluntary decision.

j00t

oh, also, for what it's worth... i love bronn, but i hate bronn as anything but a sellsword.

they did an extremely terrible job of showing this on the show (even when they were following the book) but the master of coin is not a prestigious position. GRRM talks about littlefinger being the master of coin SPECIFICALLY because everyone WANTS money, but all the lords and ladies find DEALING with money to be beneath them. whereas littlefinger uses that against everyone. they all need him because he's extremely good with money. he uses that against everyone because they all trust him and he is able to manipulate things under the table because everyone else feels above all that.

that, to me, seems a perfect position for bronn.

that being said, there's no reason why anyone would hire him.

• 2Like

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

Haha... yea. Right Tyrion. And how come nobody down south believed the Night King was a real thing for 7 seasons?

Bran doesn't even have very many stories of his own. He just steals them from everyone else. All hail Bran the Story Thief!

But hey, good thing he was worging for the entirety of episode 3. Had to get a bird's eye view of the battle so he could tell everyone about it.
Lol, everyone down south probably still doesn't believe in the white walkers, the Long Night never touched them in any meaningful way.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

j00t

Lol, everyone down south probably still doesn't believe in the white walkers, the Long Night never touched them in any meaningful way.

yeah but it was snowing in king's landing for like, 15 minutes... so... you know.. long winter.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
What was the point of the white horse in the previous episode and Arya riding it, but then like episode 6 she's not riding it? I thought it was supposed to mean something
In episode 6, they just kind of forgot about that horse.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>
yeah but it was snowing in king's landing for like, 15 minutes... so... you know.. long winter.

The white ravens sent out of the citadel to announce winter arriving probably produced more white shit on the ground than the winter did in all but the north

Caliane

Golden Baronet of the Realm
That scene is great.. But, it also represented one of the giant flaws with the show. and, a giant fracture in logic/logisitics. Showing the showrunners did not care about logic. just moving chess peices.

The Sept is blown up by wildfire. Religious leadership all wiped out. King suicides. etc... And, Circe just takes over. The people of the city... just shrug and go ok apparently. This was one of the biggest moments that showed, anyone that was not a named figure, did not exist. No one has desires, feelings, wants, or needs, that is not a major plot character. Armies just magically appear to follow named characters around. Food just magically appears to feed Lords.
Kings landing should have been in complete and total revolt after this. Civil unrest isn't even discussed. Because the people of kings landing don't exist to D&D, until they are needed to be burned alive. Events only have effect on named characters.

So, now in the end, you can see exactly that occuring. Oh, literally no one in The Reach would accept Bronn? well they don't exist, because they aren't named characters. The ending is a whos who list of nobody named characters getting lands, titles, etc, just becuase they are named characters. I'm surprised Gilly didn't get named Queen of Dorne.
We can also look at what impact this should have had on religion. Religion is very important to people. The whole "shame, shame, shame" thing.
So, but the civil unrest from the "not pope, and not Vatican" being blown up. But also, the general loss of faith. Stannis and friends were doing ritual sacrifice to the Red god. The people of kings landing had their faith in the 7 greatly shaken. Magic returns to the world, and YOUR gods temple, and arch-priest is blown the fuck up. And your gods do NOTHING? What does that say? There are dragons flying around. and your gods are silent, in the face of blasphemy.

But the show runners don't care about that. They only care about the named character soap opera.

I didn't watch the finale. so really. Does anyone even mention R'hllor? I mean, again dragons, Mellisandra walking around casting fucking magic, multiple resurrections. Does ANYONE even comment on the fact R'hllor is apparently real? how is there not mass conversions?

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
I didn't watch the finale. so really. Does anyone even mention R'hllor? I mean, again dragons, Mellisandra walking around casting fucking magic, multiple resurrections. Does ANYONE even comment on the fact R'hllor is apparently real? how is there not mass conversions?
Nah. They didn't refer back to any of that. Honestly, with how cheesey the writing has been, it's for the best that they didn't bother touching on any of that and several other topics. I'm just glad it's over. I am kind of looking forward to the spin-offs, as they won't be headed by D&D and won't have excellent source material to compare to. I feel they could give us something entertaining.

Me right now:

Image result for finally over gif

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Not reading any of the thread to avoid spoilers, but if someone could DM me a way to stream/DL the finale I'd greatly appreciate it. On vacation in Europe right now and my HBO Now subscription is not available. Gonna be near impossible to avoid spoilers for two weeks.

EDIT: Already found an alternative.

Last edited:

xzi

Mouthbreather
This video got me more hype than the episode itself and now I need a Game of Thrones game made by FromSoft

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE
Based on what he said after Long Night, they were down to half their strength, which was 4,000 men. I'm sure they lost a couple more at KL although likely not many. While they are Unsullied, the entirety of Westeros should have more than enough to take care of that shit.

The dragon finishing off the scorpions was like Luke blowing up the death star. Game over. The dragon just fucked everything for free-zies after.

Doubt soldiers had to do much else.

Go charge Naggy with a bunch of lvl 30s without any FR gear. Hmu with result.

• 1Like

Nirgon

YOU HAVE NO POWER HERE

Guy who people lugged around and died in the process of doing so , point taken

Best choice as king tho, he can smell every rat and threat coming. Bout as incorruptible as anyone could be too.

• 1Like