GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Sam took the black, Brienne's dad is lord of Tarth, Bran is not Lord of Winterfell. i mean if you want to use GoT logics, then sure, make up whatever rules as you go along. but none of those people would have a vote along with Davos.

With everyone dead I'm pretty sure those rules all went out the window. We say took the black, but didn't look like there was a real Night's Watch left after Winterfell battle/East Watch getting buttfucked by NK breaking through the wall. Bran might not have accepted the title, but to all the rest of the "lords" of Westeros he's the last male Stark (not that he voted for himself anyways he just kind of accepted it). Brienne is a knight and clear choice for someone to lead a Kingsguard (although she still logically would have went with Sansa imo). Frankly they were making up the rules as they went along just deciding they were picking the new king right then and there, tbh. They were the "important" people with some actual ties to old power structure.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Pharazon2

Molten Core Raider
I picture Bran as going more towards God Emperor of Westeros than Dr. Strange. He'll live for a 1000 years as he becomes one with a Weirwood in King's Landing while getting rid of winter forever by carefully sculpting the future. The North will eventually rebel, and to get their precious winter back they'll obsidian heart Sansa's great grandson x50 to create the Night King v2.0, the only way they think God Emperor Bran can be defeated and winter brought back.

• 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
With everyone dead I'm pretty sure those rules all went out the window. We say took the black, but didn't look like there was a real Night's Watch left after Winterfell battle/East Watch getting buttfucked by NK breaking through the wall. Bran might not have accepted the title, but to all the rest of the "lords" of Westeros he's the last male Stark (not that he voted for himself anyways he just kind of accepted it). Brienne is a knight and clear choice for someone to lead a Kingsguard (although she still logically would have went with Sansa imo). Frankly they were making up the rules as they went along just deciding they were picking the new king right then and there, tbh. They were the "important" people with some actual ties to old power structure.
yeah, just like the writing of this show, the rules they set up just conveniently disappear when the story needs it to. so i get to look like The Asshole when i wonder how a fatfuck nobody like Sam gets to say fucking shit when he should be back in Oldtown cleaning bedpans or some weirdo freakboy nobody barely knows gets to become king. voted king by Quentyn Martell who has never likely even met Bran. all because of his "story" good lord. Hippies have better structure in communes then this bullshit.

• 1Salty

Rhanyn

Blackwing Lair Raider

Up to 1.3 million now lol, I mean I know a reshoot of the season isn't going to happen, but I want it to get as high as possible, maybe it will get someone to think the next time before they let someone fuck the pooch this bad.

The fact that HBO gave them essentially a blank check to make this season a full 10 episodes, burns my bacon the most. They could have filled in a lot of the blanks and let the story breath across 4 more episodes. That and cutting the multiple scenes that went on forever with no purpose, beyond listen to the music and feel something because we are too shit at writing to get you to feel like normal.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Merrith

Golden Baronet of the Realm
yeah, just like the writing of this show, the rules they set up just conveniently disappear when the story needs it to. so i get to look like The Asshole when i wonder how a fatfuck nobody like Sam gets to say fucking shit when he should be back in Oldtown cleaning bedpans or some weirdo freakboy nobody barely knows gets to become king. voted king by Quentyn Martell who has never likely even met Bran. all because of his "story" good lord. Hippies have better structure in communes then this bullshit.

"when the story needs it to". I understand where you're trying to go with it Chuk, but yeah after War of 5 Kings, NK's army laying waste to virtually all of Night's Watch and the North save Winterfell leftovers, and Dany murdering a couple hundred thousand combined in the raid from last season on their food/gold train from Highgarden and the King's Landing assault...at what point would be a MORE appropriate time for them to have to either throw some old rules away and start making some new ones?

House Lannister was down to Tyrion, who was a prisoner, House Tully was down to Edmure basically, House Frey is destroyed, House Baratheon had to be headed by one of Robert's bastards, House Tarly was down to just a maester in training from the Night's Watch (and I guess technically his mom, but Sam is the last male). House Tyrell is all gone. A bunch of Northern Houses all were wiped out. Dorne was left sending some new prince or whoever we'd never even seen before. This wasn't just "when the story needs it to"...this was the country of Westeros having to put together a power structure from scratch from the leftovers. They'd look to whoever of importance was left, regardless of old rules.

• 3Like

Aldarion

Egg Nazi
This thread sucks, because I've read probably a dozen endings here any one of which would have been 10x better than what we actually got.

For me this pushes Lost out of a special spot it has held for many years.

• 1Like

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
This thread sucks, because I've read probably a dozen endings here any one of which would have been 10x better than what we actually got.

For me this pushes Lost out of a special spot it has held for many years.
Nah, Lost is securely in that top spot for me. The amount of theory-crafting around those mysteries really drives home the failure of that final season.

• 3Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Nah, Lost is securely in that top spot for me. The amount of theory-crafting around those mysteries really drives home the failure of that final season.
i wish we still had access to that thread. the theories we came up with could probably be reused to develop an entirely new series on.

Nidhogg

Molten Core Raider
I just hate how they turned Jon into a cuck bitch. His answer to any question that made him think harder than counting past 10 with two hands was "But she is my Queen." Good fucking LORD Jon you have had *8* seasons to grow as a character and the best the writers can do for you after all your struggles, hardships, and overcoming your namesake, being Lord Commander, KILLED, resurrected, named King of the North and leading men into the fight with the dead is constant, rehashed blubbering about a woman you've literally known for less than a month, and have SEEN to be wicked and heartless to innocents?
Shit, at least Tyrion mans up and knows he dun screwed the pooch for electing to give Dany his time of day. Jon though, poor lovestruck Jon turns into a 16 year old who just discovered women. Fuck the writers for turning his character into the biggest cuckold manchild mama's boy the 7 Kingdoms (6 now) have ever seen. If I were Kit Harrington I would have been furious at the decisions they took my character.
He never wanted to rule? Yea, that's his shtick but when push came to shove he knew what was right without having to have it spelled out in crayon for him. He became King of the North and acted like it up until he got Dany's help to fight the dead. He even stood his ground about not bending his knee to her, stalwart in his beliefs and the courage his people placed in him.
Then the writers got a sweet Disney deal and they turned him 180 degrees around and he became a child.

Auugh.

Lets pray Wheel of Time gives us a proper beginning to end story with GoT caliber budgets now that they know audiences are willing to watch epic sagas unfold. As an added bonus WoT is already a finished series so they don't have to make shit up to finish a story.

• 6Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

TheNozz

Ssraeszha Raider
Anyone else get this vibe as well last night?

Game of Thrones subliminally teaching you about the founding of America:

Maybe.png

• 8Worf
Reactions: 7 users

LiquidDeath

Magnus Deadlift the Fucktiger
yeah sure. But I mean book and tv show are not the same.

That line by Bran. I don't know how you can read it as anything other then sinister, and that Bran manipulated everyone on purpose. The lines to Theon etc, were hints, and suggested Bran knew what was going to happen. But, that final line confirms it. And worse, Bran is not just passively letting these things happen. "Chaos is a ladder". Hell in hindsight, that was not him mocking Littlefinger. it was him saying HE was Littlefinger 2.0 and playing the same game.

"why did Bran tell them about Aegon, anyway?" well theres you answer. He knew it would spread. Dany would be unsettled by it.
And hell, that is assuming he didn't actively use his warg/mind control powers to fuck with her emotions directly.
Taking that line into consideration, we have to assume that is exactly what he was doing during the Night king fight. Influencing someone.. living or dead to be in the right place at the right time, to die for him, or let the NK through to be killed by Arya.

I don't disagree at all. I think it is fucking retarded, but as likely an explanation as any others and why I truly hate where the show went. If the three eyed raven had an interest in ruling, why did the last one grow himself into a tree north of the wall instead of future-seeing his way to immense power somewhere else? It just doesn't fucking follow the story they told earlier in the series.

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Is it just me not remembering or what but I don't recall Bran ever seeing future events, only past. The Hodor thing to me is still him going to the past, creating a weird loop. And all his comments are cryptic and don't necessarily mean he's seen anyone's future... but maybe I'm just forgetting the 3 eye teachings.

I'd like to believe Bran wasn't playing the long con. It was already bad enough

• 1Solidarity

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I just hate how they turned Jon into a cuck bitch. His answer to any question that made him think harder than counting past 10 with two hands was "But she is my Queen." Good fucking LORD Jon you have had *8* seasons to grow as a character and the best the writers can do for you after all your struggles, hardships, and overcoming your namesake, being Lord Commander, KILLED, resurrected, named King of the North and leading men into the fight with the dead is constant, rehashed blubbering about a woman you've literally known for less than a month, and have SEEN to be wicked and heartless to innocents?
Shit, at least Tyrion mans up and knows he dun screwed the pooch for electing to give Dany his time of day. Jon though, poor lovestruck Jon turns into a 16 year old who just discovered women. Fuck the writers for turning his character into the biggest cuckold manchild mama's boy the 7 Kingdoms (6 now) have ever seen. If I were Kit Harrington I would have been furious at the decisions they took my character.
He never wanted to rule? Yea, that's his shtick but when push came to shove he knew what was right without having to have it spelled out in crayon for him. He became King of the North and acted like it up until he got Dany's help to fight the dead. He even stood his ground about not bending his knee to her, stalwart in his beliefs and the courage his people placed in him.
Then the writers got a sweet Disney deal and they turned him 180 degrees around and he became a child.

Auugh.

Lets pray Wheel of Time gives us a proper beginning to end story with GoT caliber budgets now that they know audiences are willing to watch epic sagas unfold. As an added bonus WoT is already a finished series so they don't have to make shit up to finish a story.
its not the writers fault . its yours!
Kit Harington to 'Thrones' fans mad about Daenerys: 'You’re culpable, you cheered her on'

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Is it just me not remembering or what but I don't recall Bran ever seeing future events, only past. The Hodor thing to me is still him going to the past, creating a weird loop. And all his comments are cryptic and don't necessarily mean he's seen anyone's future... but maybe I'm just forgetting the 3 eye teachings.

I'd like to believe Bran wasn't playing the long con. It was already bad enough
bran saw the dragon coming to KL

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
Regarding the prequel:

1.) No Weiss & Benioff
2.) Naomi Watts

I'm in.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I think most of the web theorizers for LOST were pissed that the "perjury" theory was one of the oldest, and they outright said we were wrong. And then it ended up being perjury. Fuck them. That and having a million fucking cool things that were promised would be answered and fucking none of them were.

Basically, LOST had a lot of cool ideas that we thought had deeper meaning and didn't. The writing was sloppy because they never went deeper than something that sounded cool.

GOT went off the rails with the writing because it was straight up bad storytelling. Character motivation was thrown out the window.

• 1Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think most of the web theorizers for LOST were pissed that the "perjury" theory was one of the oldest, and they outright said we were wrong. And then it ended up being perjury. Fuck them. That and having a million fucking cool things that were promised would be answered and fucking none of them were.

Basically, LOST had a lot of cool ideas that we thought had deeper meaning and didn't. The writing was sloppy because they never went deeper than something that sounded cool.

GOT went off the rails with the writing because it was straight up bad storytelling. Character motivation was thrown out the window.
they definitely committed perjury on that one. but i think the word you want is Purgatory. :)

• 4Like
  • 4Worf
Reactions: 7 users