GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
My best friend, who never has a single criticism about anything he watches -
Screenshot_20190520-195806_Message+.jpg

And I sent this to him while he was at a family event Sunday night. Feels good, man-

Screenshot_20190520-195845_Message+.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
Many choices as the series went on were based on ratings alone... Martin has been quoted as saying this, that certain characters had longer storylines because they had positive fan response ratings... I also find it I interesting that after the battle with the dead, episode the writers talked about why Arya killed Night King, or why that was chosen and the way they described it, it felt like it was their decision... honestly wouldn't be surprised if the books change alot of what happened. The last season was very rushed and I agree with many here, it's like they tried to hard to be clever,

Bran as king, when he is 3 eyed raven and didnt care, John assassinated Danny yet he is so honorable, Tyrion negotiating everything without question while in chains, Danny flipping so fast, horrible battle strategy for battle with dead, drogon doesnt attack John...

The only I thing I liked was John going north of the wall and Arya going west, I would want out of that mess too and tbh the actors seemed tired, Kit Harrington in particular.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
So tell me honestly, what was the fucking point of Jon Snow being a Targaryen? It had absolutely zero impact on the outcome of the story.

• 5Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 6 users

TrollfaceDeux

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Bronze Donator>
So tell me honestly, what was the fucking point of Jon Snow being a Targaryen? It had absolutely zero impact on the outcome of the story.
It made her distrust others and become more ruthless.

Again that is bullocks, retarded, and absolutely abysmal way of handling it imo but this is how bad this show is.

• 1Like

shabushabu

Molten Core Raider
It made her distrust others and become more ruthless.

Again that is bullocks, retarded, and absolutely abysmal way of handling it imo but this is how bad this show is.
It was the biggest reveal of the entire series and meant Nothing lol.

• 5Like
Reactions: 4 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
back to this reddit thread, looks like the guy really did know someone on the inside, 100% spot on spoilers

i think his spoilers made ppl even more mad, cuz they were so shit, it could be real... (a week ago)

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It served as a reason for Dany to lose her shit as people started betraying her in favour of Jon. Not much other than that.
i mean she got all butthurt because he wouldnt give her the D, because she is his aunt, but if she wasnt, there could have been any other reason to get there. so basically he could have just been any schmuck she was doe eyed over that wouldnt give it to her. even then, her "going crazy" was a plot contrivance in and of itself.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i mean she got all butthurt because he wouldnt give her the D, because she is his aunt, but if she wasnt, there could have been any other reason to get there. so basically he could have just been any schmuck she was doe eyed over that wouldnt give it to her. even then, her "going crazy" was a plot contrivance in and of itself.
you know, if she just waited for Jon instead of going hog wild to KL, and he was riding the dragon too, she'd still have two dragons, b/c both dragons that were speared didn't have a rider, apparently dragons donning a rider adds +100 intelligence and +1000 spear avoidance.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

a_skeleton_05

<Banned>

Is this what you really think is the reason she lost her shit? I can't tell with you sometimes. It's as though Lanx logged into your account at random times to post something.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Dany wanted Jon to give her the D, but all she got was a TBD

• 1Like
  • 1Worf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Is this what you really think is the reason she lost her shit? I can't tell with you sometimes. It's as though Lanx logged into your account at random times to post something.
do i really think she lost her shit because Jon stopped fucking her after finding out that he was banging his aunt? for her, YES. i know you think its because she thought he was going to try to stake a claim for the throne and take everything away from her. but thats a logical thought a smarter person might have. that person wouldnt go full Dresden though. and it wasnt all Jon, it was also due to My Sunday getting decapitated too.

Varia Vespasa

Vyemm Raider
Of course we were. But the wall had flaws (derp lets not block the primary route we have been assrammed by over and over again for centuries) and the bulk of the French did not take the need seriously enough. Had they built that thing another few miles up through the Ardennes, instead of blowing all the cash making it a five star hotel, then the French might have looked like geniuses instead of becoming the biggest punch line of 20th century military history.
There were reasons they stopped the maginot line where they did. One of the big ones was not wanting to make it look like they werent serious about defending Belgium. So instead they created some fast reaction units to get into Belgium for defense asap, and they manufactured and stockpiled a lot of fortification materials that they intended to take with them if they needed to go into Belgium to quickly build fortified positions wherever the actual front turned out to be. It was organizational and training issues and hesitant commanders that fucked them when push came to shove, a lot of which was ultimately due to the highly unstable french government starving the army because they were worried about coups.

Its a bit long (an hour) but the Chieftain has a decent video which covers a lot of the reasons for the french policies etc between the wars, if youre interested.

iannis

Musty Nester
Up to 1.3 million now lol, I mean I know a reshoot of the season isn't going to happen, but I want it to get as high as possible, maybe it will get someone to think the next time before they let someone fuck the pooch this bad.

The fact that HBO gave them essentially a blank check to make this season a full 10 episodes, burns my bacon the most. They could have filled in a lot of the blanks and let the story breath across 4 more episodes. That and cutting the multiple scenes that went on forever with no purpose, beyond listen to the music and feel something because we are too shit at writing to get you to feel like normal.

I think the problem is two things. First, it was a split season and that is turning out to NEVER be a good thing. And second it was the last season handed off to writers who were not invested. As bad as it is, they still have it as a feather in their cap and I highly doubt that the season lost money. Just getting the gig was itself the win, making the season good is optional. It can be bad and this is what happens. The fans might care, but they're the only people who do. And it's the last season, so fuck the fans.

When they switch writers and there's one or two seasons left... expect the show to take a turn to shit.

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

People were starting to theorize that Jon himself was The Song of Ice and Fire (a poetic way to describe union of the Starks and Targaryians) at least as far back as the early 2000s with all kinds of guesses about the implications of such a thing. I legitimately feel bad for anyone that picked up book one in 1996.

"It kinda doesn't amount to much of anything" was a guess no one made.

• 2Like