GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
even if you havent read the books, how can you watch an episode like the long night or whatever its called and think all those cut away death fakeouts wasnt straight up retard? or how they completely dicked Jaime's entire character arch. or how Daenerys completely forgot about the iron fleet only 2 minutes after saying "we need to watch out for the iron fleet"? or how Brienne became a sad bootycall or how Varys turned into a crappy conspirator. or how Jon Snow kills the dothraki's queen and they just lock him up unharmed and just let him go, unharmed. there is no way you can say this was good or satisying unless you just wanted that "the end" feeling in your belly.
Bran as king as well. Honestly the worst part of this show was knowing that somewhere out there Gavinmad Gavinmad was typing and cryfucking his waifu pillow watching anime.

• 1Like
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

elidib

Vyemm Raider
The most egregious sin was having Arya ninja-kill the night king instead of Jon. How anyone could be acceptable with that boggles my mind.

• 6Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 6 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
If i take your statement literally that means you wanted Jon to ninja-kill NK? Seriously though, the idea of Arya getting that kill is fine it was simply written and filmed so poorly it lost all meaning like the rest of the final season.

• 2Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser
I'm fine with Arya getting the killshot. What I'm not fine with is Jon and the Night King never clashing swords. That confrontation was a good opportunity to show the strength of the reunited pack as everyone plays a part in taking down the big bad. Jon can get the piss beaten out of him too, just be completely outclassed in the fight as a careful plan formulated by Sansa with Bran's mind powers comes together to maneuver the Night King in to a position with Arya can stab him as Jon does his best to not die.

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Aryas the ultimate badass. Was never Jon, he didnt deserve the kill. And the entire episode was about showing how everyones outmatched agaisnt the night king and his army. They got bitch slapped left and right.

Anyways, not trying to convince you charming fellas, am just glad i enjoyed it, i dont feel robbed of happiness like you guys 😂

• 4Garbage
Reactions: 3 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Aryas the ultimate badass. Was never Jon, he didnt deserve the kill. And the entire episode was about showing how everyones outmatched agaisnt the night king and his army. They got bitch slapped left and right.

Anyways, not trying to convince you charming fellas, am just glad i enjoyed it, i dont feel robbed of happiness like you guys 😂
what were your highlights of the season? was it all action scenes?

Rombo

Lord Nagafen Raider
Them defending winterfell. Night king diyin. Clegane battle against zombie king. Cersei / Jaimee dyin together burried alive in the keep they fought so hard to control. The true colors of the dragon bimbo being revealed (complete power freak ). Arya moving passed her revenge which keeps her alive ( Even tho a shiv into Cersei from her would have been awsome, but her character evolved.) Bran becoming king was awsome, whos better at leading than someone who knows everyones mistakes in the entire history. The bald fat guy always trying to manipulate everyone, he had his death coming since season 1.

I could go on...

• 1Picard
  • 1Garbage
  • 1Seriously?
Reactions: 3 users

Arbitrary

Tranny Chaser

Arya is a great character because of her journey. We start with her as little horseface Arya Underfoot and are with her through a goddamn mountain of shit learning lessons and growing all along the way. The being a heavily plot armored super assassin is the least interesting part of her. She kills the entire House of Frey in the pre-credit sequence of an episode if I remember correctly? Like, I get it. They ran out of time and ran out of source material and those problems plague the entire final two seasons to an ever-increasing degree.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor

The issue with the story is not who killed the Night King, its the fact that the character of the Night King was left only partially developed. He was left as a prop that was only useful to Jon Snow's, Bran's and, to a lesser extent, Dany's development (but nothing toward Arya, she wasn't forced to grow at all due to him before killing him). So him being killed by the person who was developed least by him left us with no emotional character growth to think about except the Night King's character itself. And when you're forced to think about that, you realize you know next to nothing about him, or why any of this was happening.

If John or Bran or even Dany had killed him, at least we'd be thinking of what the Night King had done to those characters at the end, their resolutions would be an emotional apex for us. We'd get to see how John had grown from the challenges he faced from this 'monster' throughout the seasons, and at least we'd get some amount of empathetic emotional reaction to that climax through empathizing with John or Dany or Bran and what they must be feeling at defeating this monster that had taken so much from them and had put them through such misery. When Arya does it, we don't have any reason to feel like an emotional resolution happened with her. She lost almost nothing due to him, and frankly none of her growth was because of his actions, because her struggles were not against him. He may as well have been hit by a fucking bus. So after he gets hit by the Arya bus while crossing the street, we're left thinking 'what the fuck was the Night King's deal? Who was he? What was his plan? What just changed because that bus hit him, what possible futures were just undone---and all those questions are left with very unsatisfying answers because we do not know shit about the Night King. He's just a shallow, monster of the week...

night-king-1-1556734350.jpg

Last edited:
  • 9Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 9 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
The most egregious sin was having Arya ninja-kill the night king instead of Jon. How anyone could be acceptable with that boggles my mind.
Jon fighting him would have paid off the buildup during Hardhome.

Bits could've been better. Bran was alright but wasn't developed enough. Jon surviving was alright but he should have died and some others too perhaps. Dany dying was fine. If Jon were to die it would need to be in a way that reconciles him being brought back by the witch. Plotwise there ought be an awesome reason. The show just plumb forgot about that shit and other bits.

My main gripes were seemingly genuine errors like Gendry Waters.

Muurloen

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
Them defending winterfell. Night king diyin. Clegane battle against zombie king. Cersei / Jaimee dyin together burried alive in the keep they fought so hard to control. The true colors of the dragon bimbo being revealed (complete power freak ). Arya moving passed her revenge which keeps her alive ( Even tho a shiv into Cersei from her would have been awsome, but her character evolved.) Bran becoming king was awsome, whos better at leading than someone who knows everyones mistakes in the entire history. The bald fat guy always trying to manipulate everyone, he had his death coming since season 1.

I could go on...
Insert amiretarded meme

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
He wasn't Gendry Waters either.
Seemingly genuine, I dunno. If Gendry was to be given a surname it should've been Waters not Rivers.

There were also a couple others like Jaime strangling his cousin or some shit, some other crap with the red witch and Cleganebowl was good but the Mountain would have crushed him instantly. The fight was prolonged for spectacle's sake.

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
The issue with the story is not who killed the Night King, its the fact that the character of the Night King was left only partially developed. He was left as a prop that was only useful to Jon Snow's, Bran's and, to a lesser extent, Dany's development (but nothing toward Arya, she wasn't forced to grow at all due to him before killing him). So him being killed by the person who was developed least by him left us with no emotional character growth to think about except the Night King's character itself. And when you're forced to think about that, you realize you know next to nothing about him, or why any of this was happening.

At least if John or Bran or even Dany had killed him, at least we'd be thinking of what the Night King had done to those characters at the end, their resolutions would be an emotional apex for us. We'd get to see how John had grown from the challenges he faced from this 'monster' throughout the seasons, and at least we'd get some amount of empathetic emotional reaction to that climax through empathizing with John or Dany or Bran and what they must be feeling at defeating this monster that had taken so much from them and had put them through such misery. When Arya does it, we don't have any reason to feel like an emotional resolution happened with her. She lost almost nothing due to him, and frankly none of her growth was because of his actions, because her struggles were not against him. He may as well have been fucking hit by a bus. So after he gets hit by the Arya bus while crossing the street, we're left thinking 'what the fuck was the Night King's deal? Who was he? What was his plan? What just changed because that bus hit him, what possible futures were just undone---and all those questions are left with very unsatisfying answers because we do not know shit about the Night King. He's just a shallow, monster of the week...

View attachment 261918

Bravo sir!

elidib

Vyemm Raider

At least if John or Bran or even Dany had killed him, at least we'd be thinking of what the Night King had done to those characters at the end, their resolutions would be an emotional apex for us. We'd get to see how John had grown from the challenges he faced from this 'monster' throughout the seasons, and at least we'd get some amount of empathetic emotional reaction to that climax through empathizing with John or Dany or Bran and what they must be feeling at defeating this monster that had taken so much from them and had put them through such misery. When Arya does it, we don't have any reason to feel like an emotional resolution happened with her. She lost almost nothing due to him, and frankly none of her growth was because of his actions, because her struggles were not against him. He may as well have been fucking hit by a bus. So after he gets hit by the Arya bus while crossing the street, we're left thinking 'what the fuck was the Night King's deal? Who was he? What was his plan? What just changed because that bus hit him, what possible futures were just undone---and all those questions are left with very unsatisfying answers because we do not know shit about the Night King. He's just a shallow, monster of the week...

Yep, all of this exactly.

But don't worry guys, I'm sure all of those questions and more will be answered in the prequel series!

• 1Barf

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
the cheapening of the Night King is probably the worst offense they committed that season, but by god there are so many other offenses that you really cant just focus on one. of course this is all compounded by the fact we will never get the rest of the book series finished and the mess these hacks cooked up will be the only ending. so basically the entire thing is ruined.

• 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
the cheapening of the Night King is probably the worst offense they committed that season, but by god there are so many other offenses that you really cant just focus on one. of course this is all compounded by the fact we will never get the rest of the book series finished and the mess these hacks cooked up will be the only ending. so basically the entire thing is ruined.

JK Rowling is going to finish the books, and they are going to reboot the TV series using the cast from Harry Potter. Helena Carter will make a decent Cersei.

• 1Worf

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Might as well have gotten hit by a bus is on fucking point.

Yep, all of this exactly.

But don't worry guys, I'm sure all of those questions and more will be answered in the prequel series!
My confidence in the writers producing something connected on a massive scale isn't much. Who knows but it will likely be very hollywoodish.

Recently rewatched Deadwood. That era of HBO is going out the window now.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Well it least it’s good to know that Rombos opinion on things can be ignored from now on.