GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>
i still cant believe anyone is going to watch this assjackery after seeing what they did to the actual GoT TV series. but whatevr, none of this matters anymore anyway, its a dead franchise. keep kicking that corpse.
D&D aren't writing/show running this and HBO can still put out quality content. I do blame HBO for keeping those 2 as show runners but I'm going to give them another chance to return this franchise to glory. I've said this before, if they screw this up the franchise is completely dead.

If it's good, I guarantee you will be back watching it.

No reason to be down on it when it's completely different people running it.

It's like saying you'd never see the next Batman after they ruined it with the Batman & Robin movie.

• 2Pathetic
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

etchazz

Trakanon Raider
D&D aren't writing/show running this and HBO can still put out quality content. I do blame HBO for keeping those 2 as show runners but I'm going to give them another chance to return this franchise to glory. I've said this before, if they screw this up the franchise is completely dead.

It's like saying you'd never see the next Batman after they ruined it with the Batman & Robin movie.

Batman and Robin was fucking Shakespeare compared to what D&D did to GoT...

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member

Lol what the hell are you talking about? None of this is based on any finished GRRM works. No finished works means its written by the same shit HBO people that made dany sort of forget about the iron fleet. D& D didnt do this alone. They didnt write the most expensive pitch black episode of the series. This show will be playing it by ear just like they did in season 5,6,7 and 8 of GoT.

• 1Like
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 1 users

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Lol what the hell are you talking about? None of this is based on any finished GRRM works. No finished works means its written by the same shit HBO people that made dany sort of forget about the iron fleet. D& D didnt do this alone. They didnt write the most expensive pitch black episode of the series. This show will be playing it by ear just like they did in season 5,6,7 and 8 of GoT.

This. There is no way the writing will be any good IMO. The story will probably be shit, along with meaningless deaths because that's what they think we want to see. GRRM had buildup to his deaths, you gave a fuck. Not like that JS killing Danny BS that made no sense. King Cripple made no sense...hell too much made no sense because of shit writers at that point.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Regime

LOADING, PLEASE WAIT...
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>

3e06421c9061164cd70fb21b5712ab32f5-17-jar-jar-binks.rsquare.w330.jpg

Pssh yeah right

1620249455357.jpeg

fuck 😞

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
They didnt write the most expensive pitch black episode of the series.

The buck stops with D&D. They presided over it, and they accepted the screenplays and story.

It doesn't matter who wrote it. It matters who the showrunner is. D&D weren't good showrunners and lacked any credentials to be showrunners of a AAA series. And that's the bottom line.

• 1Like

Sterling

El Presidente
I mean there's a non zero chance that it'll be awesome, but I'm skeptical. I'm sure I'll end up watching at least the first episode but expectations aren't very high. HBO does do some quality shit though, so it's not out of the realm of possibilities.

• 2Like

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
This. There is no way the writing will be any good IMO. The story will probably be shit, along with meaningless deaths because that's what they think we want to see. GRRM had buildup to his deaths, you gave a fuck. Not like that JS killing Danny BS that made no sense. King Cripple made no sense...hell too much made no sense because of shit writers at that point.
the final nail in the coffin is that GRRM himself said that GOT ended pretty much the way he intended. there is a reason why we havent seen jack shit freom him in ten years. GRRM has no idea how to finish his own series.

In a previous interview with 60 Minutes, Martin claimed that the HBO series’ ending isn’t too far off from what he has planned for the end of the book series. The show’s ending is very close, he said, thanks to “several days of story conferences” that took place at Martin’s house in Santa Fe, New Mexico. “I don’t think Dan and Dave’s ending is gonna be that different from my ending because of the conversations we did have,” he said.

• 2Like
  • 1Garbage

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
The buck stops with D&D. They presided over it, and they accepted the screenplays and story.

It doesn't matter who wrote it. It matters who the showrunner is. D&D weren't good showrunners and lacked any credentials to be showrunners of a AAA series. And that's the bottom line.
they were fine when they were copy pasting dialogue straight from the books. it all turned to shit when that ended. what will be their source material this time? "based on George RR Martin ideas"? people and locations will be named after 1991-2011 GRRM stuff, but be written with 2021 mindsets by people who sit at home with their dog children. nope nope nope.

• 2Like

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
the final nail in the coffin is that GRRM himself said that GOT ended pretty much the way he intended. there is a reason why we havent seen jack shit freom him in ten years. GRRM has no idea how to finish his own series.

In a previous interview with 60 Minutes, Martin claimed that the HBO series’ ending isn’t too far off from what he has planned for the end of the book series. The show’s ending is very close, he said, thanks to “several days of story conferences” that took place at Martin’s house in Santa Fe, New Mexico. “I don’t think Dan and Dave’s ending is gonna be that different from my ending because of the conversations we did have,” he said.
You could tell the same story in a different way (in other words without condensing 3-4+ seasons worth of setup down into a single season) and it would be fine.

• 3Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
the final nail in the coffin is that GRRM himself said that GOT ended pretty much the way he intended.

People are still mostly unaware of this. Every other week it seems like there's a new post feigning ignorance of the fact GRRM cosigned large portions of the ending, including Bran on the throne.

• 2Like

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
People are still mostly unaware of this. Every other week it seems like there's a new post feigning ignorance of the fact GRRM cosigned large portions of the ending, including Bran on the throne.
You have 8 seasons of evidence of what those two clowns and their writers room can do. Maybe GRRM thought it out a few steps and decided that telling them to fix their shit wouldn't even get him a polished turd.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
TV show writing is based on the first season. work on an average to good season 1, a fantastic pilot episode, a really good finale. then write whatever the fuck you want after that. make it as woke as possible because after season 1, they hooked most people in and now they are "invested".

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

jayrebb

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
TV show writing is based on the first season. work on an average to good season 1, a fantastic pilot episode, a really good finale. then write whatever the fuck you want after that. make it as woke as possible because after season 1, they hooked most people in and now they are "invested".

I give D&D some credit for taking the feedback on gay storylines and cutting gay nudity and jarring scene transitions to gay sexposition with Loras and not only stopping there-- but also blowing them all up in a firebath without ceremony or significant dialogue. Just literally reappear only for the purpose of being killed off.

That would never happen today, and likely won't ever happen again. It was about as anti-woke of a plotline you can have involving a gay character. To reappear to be killed without ceremony or even a "setup" scene to humanize the character or give the character some face-time or a send-off on screen, was surprising.

It was similar to a car bomb in terms of its abruptness.

• 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
My main beef with how GOT ended is not exactly what happened, but the order that things were presented in. The whole point of the story is the fact that the threat of the White Walkers is the true existential threat to Westeros and that the war for the throne is ultimately irrelevant.

• 1Picard

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
My main beef with how GOT ended is not exactly what happened, but the order that things were presented in. The whole point of the story is the fact that the threat of the White Walkers is the true existential threat to Westeros and that the war for the throne is ultimately irrelevant.
And yet the pettiness of man is that they still care more about the throne.

Sterling

El Presidente
Bran had the best story. It said so right in the story. Also, the best ending would have been Ramsey as king. It is known.

• 1Pathetic
  • 1Garbage

Ravishing

Uninspiring Title
<Bronze Donator>

ackshually...

The final Season of GoT has these writing credits:

Writing Credits
George R.R. Martin ... (based on "A Song of Ice and Fire" by)

David Benioff ... (created by) &
D.B. Weiss ... (created by)

David Benioff ... (written for television by) &
D.B. Weiss ... (written for television by)

Gursimran Sandhu ... (staff writer) &
Ethan J. Antonucci ... (staff writer)

House of Dragon:
Series Writing Credits
Ryan J. Condal ... (creator) (10 episodes, 2022)
Charmaine De Grate ... (10 episodes, 2022)
George R.R. Martin ... (creator) (10 episodes, 2022)
Miguel Sapochnik ... (showrunner) (10 episodes, 2022)

If you think that D&D weren't cocksure of themselves to be the ones to write the final seasons, and instead relied on some "staff writer" or some other non-credited HBO writers... then I suppose what you're saying is they aren't at fault? I can't even...

• 2Like