GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Disp_sl

shitlord
I think The Hound and Arya's arc are my favorite right now. The Hound is just so un-emotionally badass and it looks like Arya's about to start owning bitches. Also wtf with the recasting of Daario Nahares. The dude looks nothing like the last guy, and his acting style feels a lot different. Why did they replace the blonde dude?

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Seems they've recast Daario - good move. The other lady boy was terrible.

Great first episode.... First scenes were excellent. Pretty much any scene with Tywin is brilliant.

Feanor

Karazhan Raider
Q: Can you smell what the Hound is cookin'? A: Yes. Chickens. Two of them.

Wish Oberyn would've said It's not for me. Ellaria's the one that's going to fuck you. In the ass. With a snake.

Someone here posted that these shows are made to be seen consecutively, not as single episodes, and that's definitely right. After rewatching the third season during the last two nights, the pacing felt much better. Still think the Littlefinger montage ("chaos is a ladder" bit) was shitty. The speech was great, but the scene itself felt out of place.

Looks like they're skipping/moving around Hound and Arya. The interactions between them were among the most memorable parts of ASoS. He treats her sooo much like shit, although it's obvious he ain't a bad guy. But he sure does try to seem like one. Curious to see how they deal with the Hound's final bits in the book, being that itshouldhave been here.

Also glad Dontos is back. Looking forward to see the big reveal with Baelish. Bond-level villainy, that guy.

Another bit that comes to mind, Bran reaching the Black Gate.

Hound + Arya = OTP
Agreed, but I thought you said OPP... which would've been awkward...

spronk

FPS noob
man don't fuck with arya stark.

good start to the season, kinda surprised they kept in the parts about the jester handing sansa the poisoned jewels, seems like something thats gonna confuse a lot of TV only viewers next episode

the new daario sucks though he is pretty much the exact opposite of what he should look like, but all the daario+dany scenes suck from here on out so I guess keep on suckin

Needless

Toe Sucker
It's been a while but was Oberyn a homo in the books?
I believe they just imply like Lithose said that they're very open.. but i dont think they really say hes bisexual.
That episode was great, I love the hound haha

Agreed on Daario, he's pretty awful. Still no triprong beard either wtf

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I've been looking forward to that scene in the inn for a long time, because the Hound is awesome and TV Arya hasn't gotten to kill as much. I wonder where he's going to get hurt now though.

Opening with Rains of Castamere and Ice being smelted down was awesomely cruel. Isn't that the first time since s1e1 they've used a pre-credit sequence?

I guess they decided they didn't want a gimpy Jon limping around during the action scenes and healed those arrow wounds right up.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
cause the blonde dude sucked. new daario is better.

new episode was awesome. The tavern fight was perfect.

spronk

FPS noob
Agreed on Daario, he's pretty awful. Still no triprong beard either wtf
need some more gay ass blue daario amirite

daario_naharis_portrait_by_kittanee-d663gs9.png

Foggy

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Loving the Hound and Arya story. Can we get a Hound and Arya buddy cop medieval spin-off?

Of course, since I am enjoying those characters they will be dead soon because this show never lets us have nice things.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Arya + Hound scene was awesome. Just her vengeful little smile after she shanked Polliver and got her pony. /shiver

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Oberyn's superfasthandstab was baller. And of course the entire Inn scene, it was even better than I hoped.

Though as mentioned above they didn't have Sandor take the "mortal" wound he did in the books. Curious how they're going to change that. I'm OK with it, more Hound and Arya at 100% is a good thing.

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
"Lots of people name their swords....Lots of cunts."

"You gonna die for some chickens?......Someone is."

The Hounds lines are fucking awesome.
Came here to post this. I laughed out loud at his two one liners in the bushes.

As sad as I'll be for the split, it means bad ass Arya when she travels across the sea. Her storyline was the only thing that kept me going through parts of that book.