GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

I really don't like the idea of the show starting to drop huge spoilers on unreleased book material. Not trying to maintain any lame ass book reader/nostradouche elitism, I just really want to read the stuff first. :\

Maybe that's not the case here, but as we've all heard the producers have been told things about the last 2 books. Liked the scenes though, a brief reminder that the show/series is not all about the constant political intrigue. Although if that guy really was the Night's King who knows who in the fuck Coldhands is now, heh. Maybe the Benjen theories will become fashionable again.

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
So about half the book readers are screaming "omg spoilers" (GRRM did say WoW would take us further north than we've ever been) and the other half are dismissing basically every major deviation as "most expensive fan-fic ever made."

i'm firmly in the "it's an adaptation, which will end before book 6 is even published cus grrm writes slower than shit". There are only 3 more seasons after this one, in which books 6, 7, (and possibly 8, if there is an 8th novel) will be spoiled. Obviously the show is going to spoil the end of the series, and will start to do so in earnest as early as the end of season 5. So if you don't like the show dropping huge spoilers on unreleased book material, what are you going to do? Stop watching the show next year?

Probably won't stop watching, no. No point. It's a great show and I'm also not willing to turn the internet off for the next 10 years while Martin finishes the books. No practical way to avoid the spoilers forever if you like forums, places like reddit, etc.

I'm actually fine with the new Bran/Jon stuff. It'll surely be entertaining filler and they had to address the problem of AFFC/ADWD being split up among POV characters. Can't go an entire season with no Bran plot development. Totally good with that. Just can't get excited about the spoilers that are inevitably coming. Especially if someone alive at the end of ADWD dies in the show. That'll be maximum butthurt, not going to lie.

Grimmlokk

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So about half the book readers are screaming "omg spoilers" (GRRM did say WoW would take us further north than we've ever been) and the other half are dismissing basically every major deviation as "most expensive fan-fic ever made."
Hardcore book nerds are losing their shit. It's hilarious.

Saw some folks that are pretty sure we just saw TWOW prologue chapter.

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I thought it interesting that they rolled out a Jaime being a nice guy episode.

He went and listened to Tyrion, got a read on Cersei's plans / desires. Information which he then used to take the best course of action ( well a pretty good one considering ). That being to send Breanne off to find and rescue Sansa while reminding her of their debt to Lady Stark.

Oh and also helping Tyrion's page ( sorry the name escapes me ) at the same time.

Zignor 3_sl

shitlord
I wish Natalie Dormer would make a habit of sneaking into my bedroom regularly. If she can slip by the kingsguard, surely she can do something about my wife. *ahem*

This episode really had me questioning my memory of the books, but I guess it really did go off the rails. Didanythingthat happened at or beyond The Wall this episode come out of the books? I remember none of it...Bolton's spy, Jon setting out for Craster's, Bran's capture, Mt. White Walker, etc. I'm really starting to wonder if the show is going to go completely in its own direction once the inevitable catch-up to the books occurs. There's already not much more to do with Dany's storyline at this point unless they really stretch the bejesus out of it.

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
Well, I'm of the mind that I don't really consider the show canon anymore due to the changes so I can see a situation where the books turn out differently than the show. I mean there have been enough changes in the show that has altered the timeline anyway. The fact that Jon nowknowsthat Bran is not only alive but north of the wall pretty much kills the 'Jon Stark' decision that Stannis presents him with. I'm still interested in how they are going to have Dany get rid of Jorah since that was supposed to happen before the seige of Meereen.

So basically this is a new story, with a lot of events and characters taken from the books. Therefore how it ends is not indicative of how the books will end.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
whoa, pretty big change from the books and i think they fucked up the warg angle a tad.
The Bran/Summer POV looked like he was side strafing at one point, thought dogs were meant to follow their nose.

It was about time the TV show added something new over the books, not asking for some major new story lines obviously, just little scenes maybe once a season like we got.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
So basically this is a new story, with a lot of events and characters taken from the books. Therefore how it ends is not indicative of how the books will end.
lol what? the vast majority of this show is still right off the pages. It's the same story, with some new or different events.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
The Night's King stuff is interesting.. even more interesting that HBO changed their mind. I have some lore reading to do

Sutekh

Blackwing Lair Raider
While everyone's losing their shit about what happened north of the wall. I'm left wondering why the fuck they cut out the entire Myreen battle scene.

Baghwan

Lord Nagafen Raider
While everyone's losing their shit about what happened north of the wall. I'm left wondering why the fuck they cut out the entire Myreen battle scene.
Didn't you see that single guy get fucked in the ally, what more do you want...

Vandyn

Blackwing Lair Raider
lol what? the vast majority of this show is still right off the pages. It's the same story, with some new or different events.
It's just the framework now. Even some of the characters are different than the book counterparts (some of which because certain characters are not even cast). Which is fine, but once you invent changes it starts to effect other things down the line. There is nothing that says that the show has to adhere to the firm ending that the books have. Think about it, because this deal with the white walkers isn't anywhere in the book, the show writers now are not constrained by the book narrative anymore, at least where it concerns that scene.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Yeah, I really don't get why they condensed the taking of Meereen to one episode. Even some discussion of how they would take the city, something. I liked the parts that were in the show, but why leave it so short?

Sylas

<Bronze Donator>
Uh the taking of mereen was basically a 1 paragraph recap after she sent Barristan and Jorah through the sewers. They didn't cut shit out, there wasn't shit to cut.

Thing is, they basically kinda merged the method in which she took mereen with the way they took Yunkai last season, probably because they hadn't decided if Yunkai would be "mereen" or not (and astapor would fill the role of Yunkai for the later part of her story, which is why her sacking of Astapor basically only showed her taking the unsullied not sacking the city and killing all the slavers/freeing the slaves). What we really missed was the way she actually sacked Yunkai which was way cooler than the way it was shown to end season 3 so if you wanna bitch about something bitch about that.

Since then they sat down with GRRM and hashed out how the stories for every character ends, figured out the pacing for the next 4 seasons and decided that they had time to include Meereen. But since they already used the "very small number of people sneak in and fight" they used the "sneak through the sewers" bit and decided to go with a slave rebellion (which the books are leading us to believe that's how Volantis will fall, to a slave uprising) since it's similar anyway (jorah and barristan snuck in through the sewers and freed the pit fighters which resulted in slave revolt).

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
My guess is they use their big budget on a lot of other aspects of the show and can't show the big battles. Even the battle of black water was cut small with such a large budget. Basically every battle they have shown is a tldr version.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I think by telling hbo how the books will end it will lead to more nights king, err oops walker incidents. Wont be long before some production assistant leaks the whole thing.

spronk

FPS noob
i wonder whats going to happen to ygritte

gnkp1LP.jpg

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Hardcore book nerds are losing their shit. It's hilarious.

Saw some folks that are pretty sure we just saw TWOW prologue chapter.
At this point I'm kind of giving up on the books. The show is the new canon.

And I'm glad you pointed out that little kid was the one from that little town south of the Wall. I completely forgot about that guy, and didn't put it together that he was with the Night's Watch now.