GoT - Is Over, Post Your Drogon Sightings

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
That might be the legend and they probably sacrifice people all the time for dumb reasons, but the reason shireen is useful to Melisandre is ostensibly because she has kings blood.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
I thought the legend of Azor Ahai was that he jammed the sword in the wife's face to finish forging it and create Lightbringer.
so is this why fans think jon snow is the second coming of azor ahai? because he (maybe) shot his wife in the chest?

Chanur

Shit Posting Professional
<Gold Donor>
The main reason people think its Jon is because when Melisandre asks to see AA in the fires it shows her "only Snow".

Jait

Molten Core Raider
The prophecy may also be a massive fucking Red Herring. At the very least misleading since people are expecting Aradune to come out wielding the Fiery Avenger. It's already been said a few times in the series that prophecies are never literal. Dany and Jon are the only two real possibilities if it's true, and Dany has basically already accomplished it in theory. She was burned alive, and created 3 dragons from petrified (stone) eggs.

edit: Reading that page does a good job explaining it. But who the fuck knows? Maybe Jon will wake up in Chapter 1 and his sword will catch fire.

Fedor

<Banned>
Man they really fucked up with Mance's casting.

Ciaran Hinds has to be the most miscast actor on the show.

Fedor

<Banned>
I doubt he beats Dhario or the Mountain, but why do you say that?
Because he was only cast after Dominic West turned them down and he's nothing like the book character while also not being an improved re-interpretation of the character either. Basically just boring all the way. What makes it even worse is that Dominic West only turned down the role because he mistakenly thought it was a 6 month shoot instead of a 6 week shoot.

I don't count the Mountain since they actually did get him right the first time and it's most likely Conan Stevens' fault that everything got fucked up.

I guess both Daarios suck but that doesn't really bother me the way Ciaran Hinds' Mance Rayder does. They should have just brought back Jason Momoa for Daario in season 3.

daario_naharis_ffg_8335.jpg

lYgyo5N.jpg

StoiCynic

Trakanon Raider
Yea they screwed the pooch casting for Mance. He is the one POV I am most hoping for in TWoW. The way he is written sets him up to be Bronn levels of badass. Just don't see Hinds pulling that off.

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Ciaran Hinds is an excellent regal presence. I think he'll do fine (and has, with the little we've seen of him).

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Ciaran Hinds is an excellent regal presence. I think he'll do fine (and has, with the little we've seen of him).
This.

He commands a massive army of cutthroats in a dog eat dog society. Casting a pretty boy, or a bard and pretending he can control an army of giants and folks like Rattleshirt is a tall order.

Hinds brings gravitas and pretty good range to the show. I don't doubt he'll be able to pull off the bard stuff too. Plus he's the Emperor of Rome.