Gotham

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
Show is only halfway through the season. Mid season finale is next week then court of owls is the second half

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
If I have a bunch of DVRd shows to watch, I find myself putting this further and further towards the bottom to watch. I still do, just rarely right away. I haven't seen most recent episode yet, for example.

I agree with everyone that it was a shame they killed off Jerome. Should have had him kill Galavan ffs, I don't care about his character at all. Jerome was doing a pretty good hybrid of Heath Ledger Joker and Mark Hamill Joker. He was clearly copying some mannerisms/voice change inflections from Heath Ledger, but then had the wild glee of many of the other versions. It was overall enjoyable though. Can't say the same about most of the other characters though.

I don't know what planet these writers are living on that they thought Fish Mooney was a good idea, but then kill off Jerome after a few episodes of being in the spotlight. Even Riddler has gone into a dumb direction. I know he's always been crazy in the old comics, but the more calm and collected genius is the version that tends to be more popular these days. Would have liked to see his dark side keep getting shit done without fucking up his life. Have him living a double life, dating ms kringle and carrying on his job np, but then going off and committing crimes when no one is watching. Leaving behind subtle clues that no one can really figure out (cause they don't have the motherfucking batman to solve them!).

Oh well.. it takes alot for me to stop watching a show I've gotten invested in, but this one is becoming boring enough that I might just do it accidentally.

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
that was actually an excellent episode, the ending was the best part. i have a feeling we may get jerome back.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
S2 overall has been pretty enjoyable. S1 was abysmal but I'm glad my wife forced me to stick with it.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Cool development arc for Bruce. He learned about the pussy trap and turned that shit around at a remarkably young age. Weaker men would have lived inside that vagina.

Gallavan easily whipping Gordon's ass was a nice way to show Gordon's limitations. Ditto Alfred nearly getting carved up by the world's hottest brown woman. They need more of that because, well, that's what the Goddamn Batman is for.

Tenks

I also really loved the Riddler + Penguin dorm room interaction. Shame it looks like that'll go away for the next half of the season.

Tenks

Cool development arc for Bruce. He learned about the pussy trap and turned that shit around at a remarkably young age. Weaker men would have lived inside that vagina.

Gallavan easily whipping Gordon's ass was a nice way to show Gordon's limitations. Ditto Alfred nearly getting carved up by the world's hottest brown woman. They need more of that because, well, that's what the Goddamn Batman is for.
They're doing a really good job now actually building the backstory for the Batman. Like Bruce is known for being a playboy who doesn't get locked down by women (sans Selina) and Gordon is a hero cop but nothing on the level of what Batman can do in an actual hand-to-hand fight.

A few things I'm trying to figure out is why Bruce said his favorite animal were Owls. Possibly just setting up Court of Owls but it seemed a bit off. Also what was the purpose of the scene at the morgue with Galivan having the umbrella shoved down his throat? Just for effect?

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
It's to set up Hugo Strange and his lab experiments. I'm hoping this means there is a possibility of getting Jerome back.

Caliane

They're doing a really good job now actually building the backstory for the Batman. Like Bruce is known for being a playboy who doesn't get locked down by women (sans Selina) and Gordon is a hero cop but nothing on the level of what Batman can do in an actual hand-to-hand fight.

A few things I'm trying to figure out is why Bruce said his favorite animal were Owls. Possibly just setting up Court of Owls but it seemed a bit off. Also what was the purpose of the scene at the morgue with Galivan having the umbrella shoved down his throat? Just for effect?
Court of owls. owlman. take your pick.

Penguins Umbrellas?

Tenks

Lol I had never heard of Owlman. So he's like bizzaro world Batman?

And yeah we saw Penguin going to Galivan's body with his umbrella at the docks but I was just wondering why they felt they needed an entire scene just to show Galivan with it down his throat

Tenks

I also wonder if Lee actually is pregger and how she's going to react when Jim wants to name the kid Barbra lol

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
I also wonder if Lee actually is pregger and how she's going to react when Jim wants to name the kid Barbra lol
Barbara is going to save both their lives (and thus the unborn baby's life), and it will be Lee's idea to name the baby Barbara.

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
err.. I've only half paid attention to the last few episodes, but didn't barbara die?

fris

Vyemm Raider
no. when she fell out of the church window, she fell in the bushes. broke some bones. went to the same hospital that all the other important dead/injured people went to because no one ever dies in comic books. last episode i'm pretty sure we saw fish ... in a fish tank. and assume jerome is floating (har har) around there too. has Strange been identified in the show or just speculation still?

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They name dropped Strange in the last episode. So he's probably coming after the break.

Column_sl

shitlord
I wonder what there full plan going forward is for the series.

Gordon is pretty much a killer at this point. They really need to add someone like Azreal as a replacement batman, and have Bruce start his training abroad with the different masters.

Caliane

yeah. So proto-Batman might work.
Kathy Kane. Cant really do Batwoman.. But perhaps Spyral.
or Huntress.

Some Justice Society perhaps?
Black Canary- Dinah's Mom.
Liberty Belle.
Starman.
wildcat-Ted Grant perfect fit. "world class boxer, who becomes entangled in criminal underworld. takes on the costume ID wildcat to clear his name. Has trained Batman, Black Canary, and Superman in fighting"

wonder what exactly their character license is.