Gotham

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
just about everything of this episode was season 1 stupidity.

Silver is a horrible actress and suddenly over the top evil/retarded.
Riddler full on psycho killer. Making Riddler a poor mans Joker is just a stupid direction for that character.
Butch's boys run away... fucking giant machine guns sitting on the wall Gordon and Bullock pick up and use.. the hell?

Galavan himself is a decent character. But, another original character really doing pretty much the same as Fish. OC donut steel, being the main focus of everything. Making very personal attacks on the Penguin, seemingly just to set him up for Penguin to unleash his rage on.

Silver St. Cloud by the way for people more familiar with only the mainstream Batman is one of Bruce's long term girlfriends. More so then Selina or Talia if TAS or movies are your main Batman. She knew he was Batman. They were to get married at one point. Bruce being Batman too much causes separation. then later shes murdered.
i came away liking the episode til i read your post, i really enjoyed the multiple penguins scene. but looks like they really raped the canon out of silver's character. and yeah riddler shouldnt be that batshit crazy, but i liked his little scavenger hunt.

Caliane

multiple penguins was good. yeah, Ill admit that.

I suspect, Gordan takes down Galavan. And he either flees Gotham, or is arrested. and, at which point then Penguin gets vindictive on him.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Outside of the machine guns scene I thought last night's episode was really good. I like the Silver vs Catwoman interaction I found it high schooly hilarious. I'm pretty sure I called my dog and my cat two faced sluts like 50 times after Selena said it. Then I called my wife a single faced slut and that didn't go over quite as well.

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
Riddler was always an Arkham regular. Dude was a fucking nutcase. Just because he was also hilariously inept during the silver age doesn't mean he didn't have a huge body count and lots of issues.

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
She's also 15 and sporting a pair of missiles. Just saying.

She can still fit in with canon, once Bruce becomes enough of a stud to tame her. I did think it was a little silly that she was in on the con though. Also, I hope Bruce actually figures out the bullshit on his own. Kid or not, he's supposed to be the goddamn Batman.

Riddler scenes were fun.

Column_sl

shitlord
There's no canon in this anyway. There is a over a dozen different Batman Universes all with their own versions of every character.

And Riddler has always been a Psycho, not sure why people think he is not.

One thing I do not like is Bruce being happy this early. He should be tormented his whole life, but like I said earlier new universe new set of rules.

Tenks

Yeah I wish the Wayne murders was more a central theme. It has been pretty much throw away since midway through season 01.

Column_sl

shitlord
Why is he repairing that shit anyway. He just needs the data off the HD's if they are even broken to begin with.

Then order new blades

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
Why is he repairing that shit anyway. He just needs the data off the HD's if they are even broken to begin with.

Then order new blades
Because it makes that plotline take as long as they want it to. They can even later have entire episodes about stealing a complicated part for this supercomputer he has in his basement that some exec knows how to resolder piece by piece.

Tenks

With how computer related storylines and "hacker" storylines play out it makes me wonder if the average Joe America is really that computer illiterate.

lordvanduu_sl

shitlord
In a way it might make sense though. In the world of Gotham, I've seen very few computers, and those have been really old fashioned. My guess is that beside cell phone technology, they are trying to keep the technology and feel of the show to that of a weird mixture of 50s and 70s/80s.
Anyone else get that feel?

Tenks

I do believe if an officer has a computer at his desk it has a CRT monitor

Haus

<Silver Donator>
As for the aesthetic, they're definitely going for the Batman animated series bit of mixed time frames.

As for the Riddler content, I think they did it pretty damn close to pitch perfect. Perfectly set up his pathos and everything. Any more deliberately flirting with getting caught and they would have had to call him Riddler49.

Even the Penguin was less annoying to me than he usually has been.

It's sad to know that now Adam Goldberg will eventually find out his girlfriend isn't in Seattle, and is instead working a con to bang/murder Bruce Wayne though....

Chukzombi

Millie's Staff Member
anyone but me still watching this? this week's episode was pretty awesome. it even had the scarred up Irishman from SOA in it.

Column_sl

shitlord
I'm still watching it every week.

Great episode. Bruce is back to his Cold, and calculating demeanor. I love the dynamic of Penguin, and the Riddler.

Shows almost over so it will be interesting if they will end of the Court of Owls story-line this season, or continue into next.

IMO they should add Azrael as a replacement Batman, since there are a ton of them in history, and it would give the show a little better dynamic with a true vigilante in Gotham.