Gran Turismo 6.

Fadaar

That guy
So after seeing my roommate play this all day I have to say it looks just as good as Forza 5

Saban_sl

shitlord
It looks great, and has the best driving feel of any GT game yet. But career mode is ruining it for me. Overly restrictive PP requirements plus starting in dead last with rolling starts on 2-3 lap races is annoying.

What ever happened to starting from the grid? or qualifying, like GT1 had.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No Exige, no buy.

Well ok, the Gamestop-exclusive 25th Anniversary Edition faggotry is the real reason I didn't buy it but still... 1200 cars, including 3 more Lotuses added since GT5, and there's still no Exige? Wtffffffffffffff...

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
So after seeing my roommate play this all day I have to say it looks just as good as Forza 5
I question your vision after having played both. I'm sure rerolled can pool together to get you lasik.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I question your vision after having played both. I'm sure rerolled can pool together to get you lasik.
Was gonna say the same thing but thought maybe my eyesight was fucked. Might capture some gameplay from both tonight on the same track and see how they do actually compare in native resolutions.

Vaclav

Its PS3 vs XBone there's no reason to expect him to be right. Unless he's playing on a 21".

Saban_sl

shitlord
At least the only Micro-transactions in GT6 on release are totally optional currency, not cars you might actually want.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
Oh stfu the microtransactions in both are basically the same fucking thing.

Vorph

They sounded pretty onerous to me. $50 for 7 million credits, when the most expensive cars are 20 million? Isn't that pretty much the same thing that Forza 5 got ripped apart for all over the interwebs?

regret_sl

shitlord
I believe the economy in the game is unchanged so you aren't putting any more time into the game than you would otherwise. The microtransactions are there to soak those with disposable income who must have everything now now now.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I believe the economy in the game is unchanged so you aren't putting any more time into the game than you would otherwise. The microtransactions are there to soak those with disposable income who must have everything now now now.
WOW THE SAME WITH FORZA 5. Especially with the rewards program. I've hardly played and have like 30 cars and still over 3 million credits.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
It would be nice if we could keep the MT talk out of either this thread or a Forza thread, if it's the FUD-based bullshit that was prevalent previously and would also be nice to differentiate between true microtransactions (buying tokens in FM or credits in GT) and DLC along the lines of car packs for FM.

Having put a few hours into Forza so far and finishing about 60 races to far and hitting level 30, I have a car for pretty much every series outside of old F1, Indy and hyper cars but still have over 4 million credits. I can quite literally play the entire career in the game without spending a cent on microtransactions or DLC (since the DLC cars aren't any better than anything in the 200 games on disc, just allow you to race things you may like from a personal point of view) and I'll be able to do the same thing in GT6 but I won't have to pay for any DLC cars they release most likely.

GT6 is definitely less graphically impressive than FM5 and there are still a lot of non-premium cars in the 1200+ where the quality is even worse, it seems that Bathurst is mapped a little more accurately than in FM5 and I think the sim handling is just a little better on FM5 due to the physics running a little faster (I think it's physics engine is running 60fps vs GT6 at 30fps). Both will have a shitload of time put into them though for me and I'll have to do so before I could feel comfortable saying one is significantly better in some aspect or the other (out side of graphics, and I feel at this stage I prefer the more consistant AI of GT6 than the drivatars in FM5 and their cheating), I wouldn't say either one should sell a system if you already have the other system but if you love driving either one will bring you enjoyment and having both will just be gravy....though switching between the two may affect your improvement on either as you have to readjust between the differences in the handling and physics of them

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
So you have basically all the cars already?
Another complaint I think is stupid. How many cars do you actually like/need? Do you need 700 different cars for a game to be good? I like a few cars and as long as I can get and drive those, I don't care about car count.

Also GT is notorious for counting different versions of the same car. Like they have the s2000, the mugen s2000, the spoon sports s2000, etc.

Vaclav

Was jesting anyhow... But doesn't Forza tend to skip normal retail cars? Or did GT stop that too?