Gran Turismo 6.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I bought this on Friday (anniversary edition) but haven't opened it yet. I've realized that I have a fairly large backlog of games and trying to do 100% in all of them takes WAY too much time. So now I'm going through my old games that I've previously never played, just to give them a once through and see if I like them.

I'm currently playing Super Mario Galaxy 2 on my Wii U (I loved Galaxy 1). When I beat that, I have either The Last of Us or Ni No Kuni to play next. I guess time will tell plus how much time I actually have. What's taking me away from GTA (despite that I haven't hit 100%) is that I can't play this while my daughter is around. But maybe if she sees Mario doing his thing, she wouldn't be thrown off and would actually want to try it. Dare to dream I guess. I'll let you know how it makes out.

Also, question about the Wii U to the standard Wii.. Do the two systems play their games 100% identical? Because it seems that the original Wii complete with omponent video is agsolutely hither video quality than my TV is seeing through the Wiii U's HDMI cable running the game through an emulated game & UI. *shrugs*.. just my thoughts.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I reckon you'd probably have a better chance of getting an answer to that if you posted it in the Wii U thread. :p

Zuuljin

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I didn't even know this came out until seeing this thread.

Opinions yet on whether this worth it if I already have GT5? Reviews are kind of mixed as it almost seems like a $60 fix for the UI.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
GT's stuff is completely outside of the game. Forza 5's is built right into that game with big LOL BUY THIS CAR prompts.

Not the same.
Tons of games are like that, like NBA 2k14. Like RMT is somehow better if it's in the UI less? It's still a real money shortcut to get cars.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Tons of games are like that, like NBA 2k14. Like RMT is somehow better if it's in the UI less? It's still a real money shortcut to get cars.
Yes? There is a huge difference between a game where it'stotally invisibleand one thatshoves it in your face. I can't believe how often you fail to grasp simple concepts.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
I don't get the distinction. If you're not a fan of RMT that should be all-inclusive. RMT shouldn't get a pass because it's on the PSN instead of in-game. Technically the XB1 RMT is on the Xbox Store as well, if you hit the RMT button you get taken to the store to complete the purchase.

The main point is that in Forza and GT both you can use real money to buy in-game cars, but you're not required to in order to progress. It's hard for me to swallow someone being okay with one and furious with the other. I know you love Sony but that seems a little extreme even for you.

Sean_sl

shitlord
I never said that I'm okay with one over the other. I said they'rebothstupid, but one is massively more offensive and they are not the same thing. I don't know why it's so hard for you to get that shit.

And that's not even getting into the fact that GT6's economy isn't broken and didn't attempt to balance itself around the microtransactions at all while Forza 5 was built around all of that bullshit and pops it right in your face.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
Sean,...the line you draw between whats allowed on PSN or XB1 is outrageously ridiculous.

Sean_sl

shitlord
Sean,...the line you draw between whats allowed on PSN or XB1 is outrageously ridiculous.
No it's not. You have some serious intelligence issues if you think those two situations are even remotely the same thing.

One game isn't balanced around Microtransactions and their addition to the game is basically totally invisible and non-invasive. The other game is broken-as-fuck balance wise due to trying to fish for Whales with the microtransactions and pops up prompts with "BUY THIS CAR FOR REAL MONEY" right in the game. You are a truly dumb person if you cannot understand the differences there.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
The other game is broken-as-fuck balance wise due
Completely, 100%, false. Even the NEOGAF thread you linked when you brought the whole Forza shit up turned out to be FUD. You haven't even fucking played Forza so you have no fucking clue how the game actually plays. Its completely possible to play it without ever spending any fucking money and you still end up with shit like the F1 cars.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
It's like this. These descriptions aren't 100% accurate, but they give the basic idea.

A player of GT6 is browsing the PlayStation Store looking for the new DLC on GT6 and happen to see that you can buy credits for in-game currency.
vs.
A player just comes in first in a Forza 5 race and it says "The payout wasn't as high as you were expecting? No problem, click here!"

That's the difference. You don't HAVE to use either, but one is much more invasive where as the other just happens to also have the option.
Apples/Oranges

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
That's not semantics in the slightest. Having MTs thrown in your face while playing a game is completely different from having something only listed on PSN as a DLC, that you never see unless you go looking for it.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
No it's not. You have some serious intelligence issues if you think those two situations are even remotely the same thing.

One game isn't balanced around Microtransactions and their addition to the game is basically totally invisible and non-invasive. The other game is broken-as-fuck balance wise due to trying to fish for Whales with the microtransactions and pops up prompts with "BUY THIS CAR FOR REAL MONEY" right in the game. You are a truly dumb person if you cannot understand the differences there.
I wasnt agreeing with gaige, as stated, where you draw the line is ridiculous, your obvious bias towards PS/PSN is as plain as day. Regardless of the dispute/discussion you will unequivocally always be on the side of PS/PSN.

So in essence, no matter what people say, if its against PS you will disagree, if its for Xbox you will find a way to refute.

Sean_sl

shitlord
And dipshits like you would have said the exact same shit about me when I was called an Xbro fanboy with the X360. I do not have a fanboy loyalty to any one particular service or company, I just back whoever isbetter. It's pretty fucking obvious who is better right now.

Gaige

Legal Ephebophile
And dipshits like you would have said the exact same shit about me when I was called an Xbro fanboy with the X360.
That's kind of the point. You're a fanboy. An overzealous one who iscompletelyclose minded. Just because you switch brands for a new generation doesn't make you any less of a fanboy. You have one singular opinion about the best console, the best TV and the best home theater speakers and if anyone disagrees with you they're wrong no matter what period forever. You also excuse everything Sony does while making a big deal out of everything Microsoft does. You could be the poster boy for fanboyism.