Gran Turismo 6.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
I picked it up last night and was also a bit worried that it was just GT5.5. I haven't played it enough yet but from the 4-5 hours I have I really like it. The progression is much more streamlined and makes more sense. You get 1-3 stars for finishing a race and the stars let you unlock higher tier races and license tests. The driving is much better than 5 as well. Graphics are very good and so are the night time and weather effects. I don't race in cockpit mode so the non premium cars that don't have a graphical cockpit don't bother me.

Couple things I dislike so far are the engine sounds are kind of weak but this is going to be updated in a patch. The pay outs for winning a race are kind of small but I'm sure this will get better. The 1200 car list is bloated with too many duplicate cars. I don't need 10 versions of a Dodge Viper.

I need a good wheel now.

Xexx

Vyemm Raider
And dipshits like you would have said the exact same shit about me when I was called an Xbro fanboy with the X360. I do not have a fanboy loyalty to any one particular service or company, I just back whoever isbetter. It's pretty fucking obvious who is better right now.
You seem upset, i dont have a "side" to this - infact i have 2 PS4's and 1 Xbox1. I dont call anyone an Xbro or PSfag and tbh its as gay as possible to even use those terms be it online or offline - Dont include me into this imaginary gaming war of MS vs Sony. In the end it doesnt matter which system is superior it only matters who's games are the most fun to play.

Hatorade

A nice asshole.
I picked it up last night and was also a bit worried that it was just GT5.5. I haven't played it enough yet but from the 4-5 hours I have I really like it. The progression is much more streamlined and makes more sense. You get 1-3 stars for finishing a race and the stars let you unlock higher tier races and license tests. The driving is much better than 5 as well. Graphics are very good and so are the night time and weather effects. I don't race in cockpit mode so the non premium cars that don't have a graphical cockpit don't bother me.

Couple things I dislike so far are the engine sounds are kind of weak but this is going to be updated in a patch. The pay outs for winning a race are kind of small but I'm sure this will get better. The 1200 car list is bloated with too many duplicate cars. I don't need 10 versions of a Dodge Viper.

I need a good wheel now.
Assuming they kept it in the compatibility a G25/27 +Wheel Stand Pro | Wheel Stand | Steering WheelStandis what I use and it is awesome.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Did the Anniversary edition happen to come with in game credits also, or was itjust25 cars?

I highlighted that for the idiocy of the comment, but I was still wondering none the less.

kudos

<Banned>
That's kind of the point. You're a fanboy. An overzealous one who iscompletelyclose minded. Just because you switch brands for a new generation doesn't make you any less of a fanboy. You have one singular opinion about the best console, the best TV and the best home theater speakers and if anyone disagrees with you they're wrong no matter what period forever. You also excuse everything Sony does while making a big deal out of everything Microsoft does. You could be the poster boy for fanboyism.
CW9JYCy.gif

khalid

Unelected Mod
Gaige acting like semantics shouldn't matter in games, yet he thinks they should matter when he tries to differentiate himself from being a pedophile. Awesome.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
This is the aus version of GameStop

http://www.ebgames.com.au/ps3-154277...ismo+6+Out+Now

The Gran Turismo 6 Anniversary Edition Contains:

Gran Turismo 6 game
Special Polyphony designed 15th Anniversary Steelbook
And the following digital content
1 million in-game credits
20 cars with special 15th Anniversary custom livery and performance enhancement
Custom paint chips, custom race suit, custom race helmet and custom avatars

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Ahh, got ya. the US version is 25 cars and 0 credits.
We got the custom chips, suit, helmet & avatars though.

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Gamestop was only supposed to get the 15th Anniversary cars, Amazon gets the $1M.

You can always go get as many credits as you want though:

Pretty funny considering that's about $150 worth of credits for anyone stupid enough to use their microtransactions.

Also, that is one goddamn ugly car.

regret_sl

shitlord
Semantics.
It's not. If a game I've paid for is prompting me to buy more shit while I amplaying the game, it's irritating as fuck. Like that retarded BUY DLC LOL NPC in the camp in Dragon Age: Origins. If the only time I encounter your microtransactions is when I am poking around in your storelooking to buy stuffthen I'm ok with that. (putting aside the fact I hate that these things exist and have just come to accept that they aren't going away)

Anyway, this debate is AIDS. No one's so dumb they can't tell the distinction here. If you like Forza, that's cool, I'm sure it's a great game.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I decided to play this early, JUST to get a million credits and do that hax. I don't realistically have time to play all day long, so it's going to take me a while to raise 1 million credits. PS - I beat all of the novice cup with 3 stars. How do I "unlock" the NB or IB races? They're still not letting me play.

I've been a while outside of GT though. I think I left the game after 3.

Knytestorme_sl

shitlord
I decided to play this early, JUST to get a million credits and do that hax. I don't realistically have time to play all day long, so it's going to take me a while to raise 1 million credits. PS - I beat all of the novice cup with 3 stars. How do I "unlock" the NB or IB races? They're still not letting me play.

I've been a while outside of GT though. I think I left the game after 3.
need to get through the first 2 cups with max stars, then it will open up the b-license tests for you...once you (at least) bronze all of those the b-class races will open up. You'll know you can do them when you get given the go-kart

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I have 3 stars & gold trophies on every Novice class race. It wasn't hard, but for some reason the B-Class stuff isn't opened yet.

Hmm... I'm mainly trugging along just so I'll be able to make $1 million credits and exploit the 20 million hack. I don't really have time to grind out the game and get various cars, and I'm never going to play this online so I'm only hurting myself.

Oh well, I'll figure it out later.

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
The first merc is free. No need to grind a million credits.

I have to say this game is 1000% more fun when you can buy any car you want. A lot of races have 1 car that is always way better than anything else. It's nice to be the one bringing a gun to a knife fight.

The rolling starts and always starting last is just to try and mask the shitty AI. Hopefully GT7 is better in this department.

Loving the game though. Got 30% off a G27 wheel and free shipping. Can't wait to try it.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
Is that G27 2 1/2 turns lock to lock? Or is it one of those the wheel turns a little bit each direction and that's it?

jdfording

Trakanon Raider
Is that G27 2 1/2 turns lock to lock? Or is it one of those the wheel turns a little bit each direction and that's it?
The G27 has 900 degrees of rotation. I picked up the wheel for $216 with free shipping from Logitech. I really like the Fanatec wheels but damn they are expensive. Thrustmaster makes a good wheel also but it's $600.

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
I've decided to unplug my PS3 from my router until I've managed to earn 1 million credits in this game. That way I can sploit my way to owning every vehicle (even if I have to do this trick a few times in the process). That way it won't possibly get patched while I'm slowly earning points.

Hopefully this works out for me.