Status
Not open for further replies.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Every time Frank sucker punches someone I half expect him to say 'for Trayvon'

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Anyone been farming gold medals on the mission replay? I don't know if optional objectives completed carry over or you have to do them all in one run? If they don't carry over i fucking hope they have a decent checkpoint system like AC3 did.
You have to complete them all in one run, and you're not allowed to use checkpoints at all in a lot of them if you want Gold. Some of them are pretty goddamn hard.

At least their personal cars turn out fairly decent when you fully mod them and it has no problem saving those.

I sure as fuck hope the Online part of this game has a better system for saving car upgrades.
True, just make sure you don't spend a lot of money on Franklin's car before the Hotel Assassination mission.
Very minor spoiler:
He gets a new house after that mission and from what I read the car and motorcycle are reverted to stock when they show up.

And online apparently has car insurance based on the wording of one of the trophies. If that does what it sounds like it should, I have no fucking idea why that wasn't in the main game as well.

DMK_sl

shitlord
Fucken LOVING Trevor.. Definitely top 3 characters of all time for me. Also really enjoyed the car race with the young dudes in the sweet cars. I don't know what it was but something about it was really cool.

colossalFISH

Silver Knight of the Realm
Trevor is the best character alone for bringing back Rampages! I missed the fuck out of them from 3 and Vice City.

Insomnia_sl

shitlord
So finally got a chance to sit down and play this for the first time last night. Was messing around with Michael and ran into the guy who wants to legalize marijuana, fucking EL OH EL

Forbin_sl

shitlord
I just finished the game and i definitely enjoyed the play through...but....The Last of Us is still my game of the year.

Forbin_sl

shitlord
It does worry me a little that people seem to be completing this so quickly.
Micheal 12h 47m
Franklin 7h 18m
Trevor 8h 6m

I finished the main story line while doing a small amount of the side quests in 27 hours, that isn't anywhere near a short game.

I have 60% completion of the game according to the stat tracker, my read out is....

Missions 69/69
Hobbies and Pastimes 9/42
Strangers and Freaks 2/20
Random Events 3/14
Misc. 1/16

and then if you really want to get completionist about the game before GTA Online which opens up even more stuff do there is 50 stunt jumps, bridges to fly under, pages to find, and spaceship parts to collect.

Droigan

Trakanon Raider
It does worry me a little that people seem to be completing this so quickly.
There is apparently roughly 100 hours of content in the game. However, I am not sure how they measure this. I would not say driving around for hours jumping the 50 stunt jumps which take a few seconds each, to be counted as several hours worth of gameplay.

But, to put your mind at ease, I have roughly 6 hours into two characters and 7 into one.

Missions 21/69
Hobbies and Pastimes 20/42
Strangers and Freaks 7/20
Random Events 7/14
Misc. 2/16

I am nowhere near done, still doing second heist. So there is content enough to warrant a purchase. I have yet to try hiking, golf or a triathlon. The strangers and freaks missions are quite good too, certainly a fitting description of the characters you meet during those missions. Best GTA yet in my opinion.

Adebisi

Clump of Cells
<Silver Donator>
Because I skipped over GTA iv, can anyone tell me what they ditched from GTA iv and what they kept from GTA iv.

So many awesome features, I'm not even sure if they were in IV originally. Keeping your guns and ammo after death is pretty awesome.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
The guns and ammo thing was in 4.

4 was like a big tech demo for 5 but the driving was less forgiving (I liked the driving in 4 personally, one of the minority) but the free aim while driving was in.

I dunno 5 adds a fucking lot on the 4 framework though.

One thing that was in 4 that's not in 5 was toll booths on major roadways.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
Finished with around 70% completion in 30ish hours. Loved the game aside from a couple of things:

1. It seems like I spent half of the game flat broke because I was doing all these big missions for no pay. Had like 1-2 properties until the very end where you just buy everything.
2. Not enough heists. They introduce this cool system of picking plans and crew members but you only use it a few times.
3. I couldn't find a good way to raise the strength stat. I tried playing Tennis and Golf put it never seemed to move.

Looking forward to Online play which will have custom characters and hundreds of missions apparently.

khalid

Unelected Mod
How do people go broke in this game? After the first heist Im flooded with cash and nothing real to spend it on. Am I missing something I need to spend money on? Even max car upgrades don't cost that much and guns and ammo are hella cheap. Don't need to buy a car because you can just steal really good ones. Not sure what the point is on property other than to get money trickling in which I don't need.

Guess I suck at blinging it up.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
so i havent played a gta since vice city that i liked, how badass is the multiplayer going to be, only reason id buy it.

is it basically just run around doing "missions" with your bros?

Your vocal interactions such as screaming at a cashier via chat headset could tilt the scales in your favour as he/she packs the money faster. This could be your best bet for a smoother chance at a getaway without sounding any alarm.

Status
Not open for further replies.