Grand Theft Auto IIIII - HDD City Stories

Status
Not open for further replies.

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Have any of you bought the digital version from the Playstation Network? I've heard it has the same pop-in/lag issues as the 360 version when the play disc is installed on the hdd. Have some PSN credit I would like to use to make the game cheaper, but not if it will have poor performance issues.
is there proof of this? everyone i know is saying it runs great, zero loading and they own 360s, not gonna buy it if this is a real issue.

so it runs better on xbox without saving it to the hdd?

n order to provide the best possible experience for such a massive and detailed world, the game will have installation requirements on the Xbox 360
Grand Theft Auto V will ship on two discs; Disc 1 will be used for a one-time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
is there proof of this? everyone i know is saying it runs great, zero loading and they own 360s, not gonna buy it if this is a real issue.

so it runs better on xbox without saving it to the hdd?

n order to provide the best possible experience for such a massive and detailed world, the game will have installation requirements on the Xbox 360
Grand Theft Auto V will ship on two discs; Disc 1 will be used for a one-time mandatory install and Disc 2 will be used to play the game
Yeah the pop in problem is real when installing both discs to the 360. They are guessing it's because then the hdd has to do all the work, instead of working in tandium with the dvd drive. Details here:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-360-play-disc

Apparently it effects the ps3 digital version as well
frown.png
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mmend-GTA5-PSN

lost

<Bronze Donator>
Damn, bought a cheetah then went around blowing up airplanes for stock prices, switched to michael and now cant find my cheetah when i go back to franklin.. wtf

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
Yeah the pop in problem is real when installing both discs to the 360. They are guessing it's because then the hdd has to do all the work, instead of working in tandium with the dvd drive. Details here:http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...-360-play-disc

Apparently it effects the ps3 digital version as well
frown.png
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/di...mmend-GTA5-PSN
well im fucked i only have a piece of shit 4gb hdd on my xbox, was going to use the usb for the mandatory install and the play disc install, guess not now.

how bad are the load times if you dont have the play disc installed onto something, because the difference for d3 was insane.

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
i can't seem to find any documentation about saving vehicles being broken. someone mentioned that rockstar said it's not working as intended but i can't seem to find anything regarding this. i'm going to be getting this sometime int he next couple of days, so i'd like to know if that is indeed a bug.

Alex

Still a Music Elitist
Damn, bought a cheetah thenwent around blowing up airplanes for stock prices, switched to michael and now cant find my cheetah when i go back to franklin.. wtf
You can do that? It actually affects the price?

I had difficulty landing the plane.

Saladus

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Man do I love this game. Had a random event happen that fucking cracked me up.
So I was near a construction site, a load fell from the high rise being constructed and trapped a worker inside a vehicle, all while a trail of gas leading to his vehicle was ignited. I had about 45 seconds to get into a bulldozer, move the pipes trapping him in the car, or he'd die. Well, I wasn't fast enough. And just as I'm thinking "Well, shit," he goes "Oh god no I'm not gonna make it, tell my brother's wife I love her!"-BOOM. Took a few seconds for it to register and then laughed my ass off for a few minutes. I think it was worth letting him die just for that line.

Killjoy_sl

shitlord
Damn, bought a cheetah then went around blowing up airplanes for stock prices, switched to michael and now cant find my cheetah when i go back to franklin.. wtf
I bought a luxury sedan on Michael and spent like 50k tricking it out but it would always disappear after I switched to different characters (does not return to the purchased garage property). I found out that it was being sent to the impound lot so I'm not sure if I have to take the vehicle back to the garage before I switch characters or if it's just a bug. I would try to save cars at the safe houses as well but it would always revert back to their default vehicles after a while. Eventually I just stuck with each characters original car because it was too much of a hassle.

lost

<Bronze Donator>
You can do that? It actually affects the price?

I had difficulty landing the plane.
Yeah it worked, not as well as I thought but since I own a hangar there I'm able to get on airport grounds w/o triggering cops right away so ran around sticky bombing airplanes and going to hiding spot lol.

I bought a luxury sedan on Michael and spent like 50k tricking it out but it would always disappear after I switched to different characters (does not return to the purchased garage property). I found out that it was being sent to the impound lot so I'm not sure if I have to take the vehicle back to the garage before I switch characters or if it's just a bug. I would try to save cars at the safe houses as well but it would always revert back to their default vehicles after a while. Eventually I just stuck with each characters original car because it was too much of a hassle.
Yeah I just figured out you could mod your base car (like the white one franklin has) and it will keep the mods everytime u see that car.. otherwise yeah im going to keep every car in my garages and never take them out /shrug.

noticed the garages giev u a free elegy rh8 everytime u want one if u select "special car" option

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Holy fuck... I'm drunk but...

Patricia just called Trevor! BWAHAHAHAHAHAAH! She loves him! Shocker to me but that was hilarious!

Sean_sl

shitlord
100% obtained. 66 hours, 27 minutes played:http://socialclub.rockstargames.com/...reer/checklist

Though there's still quite a few things I haven't finished. Still need 25/50 Jumps, 25/50 Bridges, 7/15 Knife Flights, 29/30 Nuclear Wastes, 10 Epsilon Tracts, finish the Arms Smuggling missions at the airfield, buy the Golf Course, finish Gold Medals on a bunch of shit.

The Stunt Jumps really fucking suck to go around and do, even with a guide. Saving/reloading on them takes forever if you don't get it right away and a lot of them are a total pain in the ass.

vehn

Silver Knight of the Realm
Btw for the spending 200 mil achieve after you beat the game you can put it all into one stock and then instantly sell it. Do that around 10x in 5 min and you'll get it. Saved me after I did all the assassination missions without first saving up a bunch

TecKnoe

Molten Core Raider
eh im so confused, i just talked to my buddies they all say they havent experienced this pop in issue, they have both saved to their hdd i showed them that link they said thats old, and its been fixed.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Took this little gem from a Strangers and Freaks mission, laughed my ass off...NSFW
janNbQT.jpg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I had a great random moment pretty early in the game... was driving to Franklin's house and all of the sudden I got spun out from behind by another car. Four guys bail out, two cop cars come flying by and stop, cops jump out, shoot out ensues, everyone dies, etc.

Ambulance comes down the street and goes to one of the gangbangers and some woman hits the paramedic with her car, so he gets up, throws her out, then chases her halfway down the block before returning to the dead guys.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
The cops are absolutely insane in this game sometimes. I was pulling up to an off-road/ATV race start, and I hear sirens. I'm just about to start the race and all of a sudden a cop car come FLYING out of nowhere and just plows right into all of the ATVs and riders, killing a few right off the bat, then the rest all aggro on the cop and beat him to death. I'm just standing there watching this all unfold and as soon as they are done with the cop, they all turn on me, and I didn't do a damn thing. So I had to kill like 5 guys, and now the race is gone. Maybe it'll be back after quitting and re-starting, but the race icon was nowhere on the map for the additional couple hours I played after that incident last night.

DickTrickle

Definitely NOT Furor Planedefiler
This game is really great, but not quite the second coming of Christ, imo. Some stuff can be really annoying, like the "Assuming the Truth" quest. Even with help from the internet, it took me hours to get all the cars (mostly the Enus Super Diamond). That wasn't a lot of fun. I don't need a quest marker to the exact spot, but some helpful guidance or alternate path there would have been useful. Or just having a high end car lot that you have to break into and steal from would have been cool as well.

Also really wish there were more places to enter. I want to be able to go into police precincts, hospitals, and burger joints and kill everyone. Also wish more stuff was destructable. It's a huge world and is really detailed but still feels limited to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.