Grand Theft Auto V

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
Technically the 2nd copy only cost me $5 because I traded in Destiny when it was still pretty new, got $30 on the trade in plus an additional $10 bonus for a promotion at Best Buy and then new games at Best Buy only cost me $45. So if I bought this it would be for the 2nd and 1/5th time.

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
Then sure, so long as you don't go in expecting a lot of new content. There does seem to be more of the random encounter type stuff, or at least, it feels that way to me. Its still the exact same game otherwise, just beautifully rendered and very stable.

khalid

Unelected Mod
Just bought it for the second time. Sounds like the gunfights will be more fun with mouse, the shooting part of GTAV I hated the most on ps3.

spronk

FPS noob
I keep hearing it looks leaps and bounds than the PS4 version. Tis true?
i think you'd have to be running with gSync at 1440p or higher to really say it looks a lot better, I played with the pirated PC version for a few minutes (playing the PS4 campaign on and off for months now) at 1440p and noticed slightly sharper edges but not much else, my video card is a 680 so i can't push video details all the way up unfortunately and get high FPS. Obviously if your GPU can handle it you can push better than the locked 30 fps of console, but thats never bothered me.
Grand Theft Auto V Face-Off: PC vs. PS4 | Hardcore Gamer

Personally I'm just going to wait and see what the modders do, some russian guy has hacked the texture files but the ENB guy (sweetfx) says he is not going to mod the game because of the DRM. Also the game will be $10-20 this fall on PC.

Selix

Lord Nagafen Raider
i think you'd have to be running with gSync at 1440p or higher to really say it looks a lot better, I played with the pirated PC version for a few minutes (playing the PS4 campaign on and off for months now) at 1440p and noticed slightly sharper edges but not much else, my video card is a 680 so i can't push video details all the way up unfortunately and get high FPS. Obviously if your GPU can handle it you can push better than the locked 30 fps of console, but thats never bothered me.
Grand Theft Auto V Face-Off: PC vs. PS4 | Hardcore Gamer

Personally I'm just going to wait and see what the modders do, some russian guy has hacked the texture files but the ENB guy (sweetfx) says he is not going to mod the game because of the DRM. Also the game will be $10-20 this fall on PC.
What this shows me is that consoles have gotten so close to graphics with PC's that you really have to be pushing your PC to show a major difference. I.E. Skyrim ultra graphics mods or a really large monitor.

Dandain

Trakanon Raider
Well you can only jack up the visuals to the point that the game engine allows. Very few cross platform games have blazing PC ports because you can use shitty graphics on better hardware but not better graphics on shittier hardware. It only goes one direction. We are also in the middle of the PS4 lifespan, the newest jumps in graphics cards are huge performance upgrades. The 970 is an amazing graphics card, and in 4-5 years when its time for the PS5 - I would bank on it having a close relative if not the 970 itself inside it or at the very least cards of its performance or better. Its a business decision. Outside of features the console's can't handle (60+FPS/shadow levels/some AA settings) there will never be a large difference unless the PC is the primary platform of development. But its also a sketchy business decision to force the PC gaming market to have top of the line hardware to run your game. The Witcher 3 is going to make some noise on PC forums about its system requirements (that people don't read).

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I doubt you could run GTA 5 with the max settings and max textures on any current PC hardware.

The reason the install is so huge is because they included textures that would make a PS4 shit itself. But most PC users can't really use them either.

PS: The fact that support hasn't gotten back to me is fucking awful. Today was going to be the one day I had time to play.

spronk

FPS noob
the ps4/xbone console version is 50 gigs, the PC version is 60 gigs. not much difference

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
You can max out everything at 1080p on a 980 and keep 60+ fps no problem. 1440p probably a bit harder, but easily doable with a 980 sli I'd wager.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah but maxing 'everything' probably isn't even worth it. So many things have huge cost in performance, yet add so little in visual quality. Bumping up the textures costs almost nothing in performance and is a massive boost in visual quality.

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Outside of features the console's can't handle (60+FPS/shadow levels/some AA settings) there will never be a large difference unless the PC is the primary platform of development. But its also a sketchy business decision to force the PC gaming market to have top of the line hardware to run your game. The Witcher 3 is going to make some noise on PC forums about its system requirements (that people don't read).
Graphics improvements that can be made through scaling will be available on PC. More importantly, so is user made content.

There are plenty of high resolution packs that make games look a lot better then they ever did (on consoles), if those are provided by the producer of the game thats even better.

Consoles feel pretty low value / money these days, the hardware seems to age incredibly fast when there is some tech spike on the market, and they don't seem to provide anything desirable besides the main focus ..

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
FYI they updated the iFruit app today so you can link to a PC account, time to make Chop happy!

Xenrauk

Trakanon Raider
vGhbYjs.png
Pretty much.. the most annoying part of the game for sure, can't bring myself to play online missions for long with all the loading have to go through. So spent most of my time roaming around looking for rare cars, most of which I've learned have been nerfed in prices or taken out of usual spawn locations from the heist update, just in time for the pc versions, terrific.

Also, jesus fuck the garage is buggy as shit still. I've lost 6 cars due to the cars just disappearing or getting switched in to a second garage for no reason and then disappearing. Lost my modded fusilade, modded sentinel xl, three of the rare sentinels xl you can find on the street, and a stock dominator, all because I parked more than one sentinel and dominator in the garages, don't know how the fusilade got involved in that mess but glad it wasn't one of the more expensive cars at least.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Holy fuck they still haven't fixed my fucking account. Apparently thousands were stolen.