Grand Theft Auto V

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Finally got my account back. Is GTA Online fun at all? Been dicking around but haven't found much fun stuff to do.

spronk

FPS noob
its really fun with premade teams of i think 4 people (forgot the exact size), where you can do heists that are pretty difficult. you get way better rewards if you do them perfectly, ie hardmode and no deaths. almost impossible just pugging it since they tend to be intricate with multiple objectives and a shit load of hard enemies.

solo, its fun to just fuck around racing and PVPing and goofing off but its basically just a sandbox where you do whatever that tickles your pickle. you can make your own fun, like i enjoy getting cops to chase me, steering them into other players, and then when the other player hits a cop by accident the cops all start chasing them too. on console almost everyone is on voice too so you hear a LOT of shit talking and squeaky 14 year old kids so it gets uh interesting with yo momma and sex jokes

Its definitely more fun with friends and like JC2 MP its more a case of heres a sandbox with a lot of tools, its up to you to make your own fun. The only downside is that a lot of the cool stuff (tanks rocket launchers etc) don't unlock till you are higher level, and grinding that XP out can be a pain in the ass. Me and a friend do the stunters stuff all the time though, that player written map is awesome - one team is in supercars and is racing up these massive ramps doing 500' jumps, the other team is on platforms 500 feet up with sniper rifles trying to kill the people in cars. its crazy awesome

i want the whale mod tho

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
HelpfulThisHammerheadshark.gif

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
I love queuing up for random contact missions, getting into one, and finishing the entire thing solo before anyone else on my team gets to the first objective.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
I feel like the Armored car you can buy after doing the first Heist is almost cheating when online. It's basically a tank without a cannon on it. Just indestructible unless hit with an explosive. And the real kicker is if anyone blows up your car, they have to pay the ~$6800 insurance to replace it. I killed some poor bastard a couple times yesterday and he finally pulled out a rocket launcher, blew me up, and it immediately cost him almost 7 grand for the pleasure of killing me. He was probably pissed, I'm sure.

All of the weapons and vehicles that unlock with the Heists expansion seem WAY overpowered, especially since you can start launching heists at only level 12. I almost feel like they should have restricted heists to level 50+ or something. That kind of firepower and vehicles available at low level is just nuts. And I say that as someone who is only level 40, I'm a relative noob at GTA Online so far(having never played it online on a console at all)

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Anyone use a GTX980 for GTAV? What are you settings and what kind of FPS do you get? I feel like mouse look is shit unless I'm at a solid 60FPS, so I'm running at like, GTA4 quality settings.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Crank the settings up, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised at how well optimized the game is. I'm only running a 970 but I'm constantly at 40-50fps, even when driving 200mph through the city and cars and building flying by at warp speed. I have everything maxed at 1440p except MSAA, it's only at 2x instead of the max of 8x.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone use a GTX980 for GTAV? What are you settings and what kind of FPS do you get? I feel like mouse look is shit unless I'm at a solid 60FPS, so I'm running at like, GTA4 quality settings.
Considering I get like 70+ FPS on a GTX670at pretty high settings, I think you're doing something wrong. You probably have some settings turned up that have a high performance impact but low impact in terms of visual quality.

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, I have one GTX 980, I went with the driver's recommended settings. I average 55+ FPS unless I'm driving in the hills. I think it's the super dense foilage that slows my system down.

Pretty much everything's maxed minus some Antialiasing settings. Everything looks so nice, sometimes I just wander around random spots and enjoy the view. I was jetskiing down the 'up the creek' place in beautifully rendered moonlight :p

Jait

Molten Core Raider
Im using a flipping Radeon 7800 with 1 gig and it runs fairly well. I just seriously need to upgrade.

ronne

Nǐ hǎo, yǒu jīn zi ma?
I have an i7-960 and a single 980, get pretty stable 60fps with nearly everything on max/ultra. You may need to tone down just a touch for x1200 res, and stay away from the advanced shadow options entirely as they will completely tank your fps. Lowest I've seen my fps drop is like ~52ish in brief periods of insane driving downtown etc.

There's an FPS counter you can turn on via Steam overlay as well if you don't wanna run other software to see the actual number.

Settings below for 1080p/144hz with no vsync:

rrr_img_97789.jpg
rrr_img_97790.jpg
rrr_img_97791.jpg