Grand Theft Auto V

hodj

Vox Populi Jihadi
<Silver Donator>
frown.png

That's shitty Mist.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
From the sound of those reps Rockstar is overwhelmed and hiring any 15 year old they can kidnap off the street to answer their phones.

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
2 years and they still haven't put any sort of extra security on the social club site...tsk tsk

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Anyone have any decent tips on how to jump into random races/deathmatches quickly and easily when playing online? It seems like the only invites I get on my in-game cell phone are for Heists and high-level missions and I don't want to do those yet. Then anytime I manually run to a deathmatch/race spot and try to start one myself, I often sit there for a LONG time before anyone gets invited(sometimes it never happens)

The other night I got into a group that was doing random races one after another, and knocked out like 10 races in an hour or so, made a TON of money and exp, it was awesome, just rapid-fire race after race after race. It seems like that is hard to find though.

Skanda

I'm Amod too!
Anyone have any decent tips on how to jump into random races/deathmatches quickly and easily when playing online? It seems like the only invites I get on my in-game cell phone are for Heists and high-level missions and I don't want to do those yet. Then anytime I manually run to a deathmatch/race spot and try to start one myself, I often sit there for a LONG time before anyone gets invited(sometimes it never happens)
Open your cell phone and select Quick Job. It'll give you a list of mission types to select from and then randomly toss you into a group needing extras.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Hrmm, I did that for a race and it just threw me into a lobby by myself as the host and I had to invite people...maybe I just had bad luck that one time, I'mm try it again.

spronk

FPS noob
be sure to join a crew so your auto invites reach a ton of people. i dunno on PC but on ps4 the IGN crew is open to all and has like 1.4m members, you can be in like 5 crews at once and set one as your primary but invites go out to all afaik

and its probably obvious but when you host a job click the auto invite button at the top it just spams a ton of people with invites usually i fill up most jobs really fast that way. i wouldn't do heists that way though, since (unless thye nerfed it this month) heists are pretty hard and you need a solid premade team with voice comms to pull em off

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Had my first experience with a hacker last night. He was flying around with a rocket launcher just spam shooting everything. Nice anti-hacks.

I told him to give me money but he was being a bitch.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone else having trouble with this game's settings? I have a 4gb card and 8gb of ram, but the game only recognizes 2gb in the settings. And, after 30-40 minutes, it starts to get really choppy and it stutters. Can't seem to fix either issue.

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
What video card do you have?

Also, anyone not able to get online on PC? I'm thinking the servers must be down or something, other online games are fine, so it's not my connection.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else having trouble with this game's settings? I have a 4gb card and 8gb of ram, but the game only recognizes 2gb in the settings. And, after 30-40 minutes, it starts to get really choppy and it stutters. Can't seem to fix either issue.
Are you on a laptop?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Nope, on a PC. i7 3770, 8gb ram, GeForce GTX 660 card.

Now, I do see that perhaps my pagefile isn't optimized and the computer isn't accessing everything it's got; maybe that's part of a solution?

Remit_sl

shitlord
660 is a 2gb card. Download the GTA V release drivers from nvidia and install the nvidia experience. Optimize and run. It resolved all my random issues with my 660. I've tried cranking it even one notch past optimized and it ends up shitting itself on the next load in or at random times. Solid 50+ fps all the time on optimized though.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/83819/en-us

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
660 is a 2gb card. Download the GTA V release drivers from nvidia and install the nvidia experience. Optimize and run. It resolved all my random issues with my 660. I've tried cranking it even one notch past optimized and it ends up shitting itself on the next load in or at random times. Solid 50+ fps all the time on optimized though.

http://www.nvidia.com/download/drive...px/83819/en-us
I'll give it a shot. Thanks.