Grand Theft Auto V

Joeboo

Molten Core Raider
Yeah I despise helicopters. I consider myself pretty damn good at flying planes, I win plane races way more often than not(I can't say that about land races at all), but I can't do jack with a helicopter, especially if it involves shooting. I can't pass the flying school mission that requires shooting the targets on the buildings with a helicopter at all. Just not even close. I'm using a 360 controller FWIW.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I learned back when I was playing it on my bro's XBOX that I needed to use my middle fingers for one set of bumpers and index for the other. I started out trying to use my index fingers for both. It took some getting used to, but I was a much better flyer after I adjusted. Helicopters are a bit ass regardless though.

I never did get really "good" at shooting from vehicles. Avoiding traffic at high speeds and aiming at another vehicle avoiding traffic is hardcore. If you're driving as Franklin the time crawl thing is super helpful though.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
I have no problem at all flying the helicopter. I'm a keyboard+mouse tandem player. I mapped it to the arrow keys and WASD, and fly with both hands on the keyboard which feels really odd but it's easy to fly. Not sure why they didn't just add a simple mode for the helicopter. If I had to fire weapons or do fast camera work I'm screwed.

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
The hard coded completely unrealistic sway is really killing me. Combined with the auto level that then also fights the sway makes it doubly bad. Just try hovering in one spot with no hands on the controls. It refuses to.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
If I upgrade the characters default cars at a Customs shop, is it permanent even if that car gets destroyed/abandoned/etc?

I tried to upgrade them using the little phone app but the changes didn't take...

Fadaar

That guy
Yes they keep their upgrades and respawn at your home. Franklin has the bike and car, Trevor his truck, and Michael his car. Franklin's car maxed out is pretty badass, not as good as the supercars but good enough. Same with Michael's.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
You can also save upgraded cars in the bought garages. The garages on the houses are kinda unreliable, not sure why they did that.

Fadaar

That guy
You can SAVE them, but if they're destroyed or abandoned they're gone. Only cars that respawn are the default character vehicles.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
Also l, if you didn't destroy the car, odds are it was impounded and you can get it out for $250. I check the impound a lot for my heavily modified super cars that love to go missing after missions that force me to use the character car.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
You can SAVE them, but if they're destroyed or abandoned they're gone. Only cars that respawn are the default character vehicles.
Any car saved in your garages can be respawned at the impound, even if lost/destroyed. Cost 250 bucks each time.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
How the fuck did I not know this when I played through the first time. Mind blown.
Honestly, I didn't realize it either for my first playthrough. Or I disregarded the option for the most part. But when you have a fully decked out Vacca/Adder and lose it, or one of those cars that is never around when you want one, it's handy.

Same thing goes for learning/memorizing where the free kevlar is hiding.

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Any car saved in your garages can be respawned at the impound, even if lost/destroyed. Cost 250 bucks each time.
Explain that? I've found some highly modded super cars randomly (they seem to spawn more often as I'm progression in the story) and saved em in various characters garages. If I take it out and it gets destroyed or I lose it, I can respawn it at the Impound? Or is there some other way to save a car at your personal (non-home) garage? I have noticed that when I'm in my garage it gives me the option to spawn an Elegy R8 or whatever; not sure where that came from but it seems unlimited.

McShrimp

Molten Core Raider
Explain that? I've found some highly modded super cars randomly (they seem to spawn more often as I'm progression in the story) and saved em in various characters garages. If I take it out and it gets destroyed or I lose it, I can respawn it at the Impound? Or is there some other way to save a car at your personal (non-home) garage? I have noticed that when I'm in my garage it gives me the option to spawn an Elegy R8 or whatever; not sure where that came from but it seems unlimited.
If you want to store a car in the garages, all you do is drive it up to the door and push whatever button it tells you. They each hold up to 4, but you can't store the character's main cars. You can spawn from that list of cars from the garage an unlimited number of times (I made about a thousand Zentornos). If you lose a spawned/modded/otherwise special car, it'll show up at the impound. I don't believe it tracks every random vehicle you steal, but just the ones you might actually want back, and only the last two, not every vehicle back to the start of the game. If a car actually blows up or sinks, I don't think it can be recovered, but otherwise should be at the impound.

This is what I noticed on single-player, though I didn't mess around much with modding/impound until after I beat the game.

Jait

Molten Core Raider
And by garages they mean the ones you can buy. Not the ones at your homes. That might be what is confusing folks. You have to drive it up and STORE it, not park it.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
I just completed my first GTA ever in the story line. This game was epic. I should really go back and do 4 and all the others. I always get side tracked by things like, "Oh hey I own a tank. Lets go on a rampage"

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Good god the "multiplayer" in this game is just abyssmal. Filled with nothing but inbred mouth breathers you cant mute and retards hacking the shit out of the game killing you when youre passive.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Yeah it's awful. Like unbelievably awful. Maybe if you had like 16 friends to play with it would be fun, because some of the maps are pretty fun.

It's amazing that it's actively WORSE than APB Reloaded.