Grand Theft Auto V

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
So I'm usually a filthy pirate but I bought this game about a month ago. Being awesome (re: not) I used my super secret password for Rockstar Social Club for some reason. You know, the one I use for my primary email address. Laziness, I guess. Well now my email and my Rockstar accounts have had all their shit reset and it keeps booting me out of game for someone logged in at another location. Aaaaaaaand they reset my email password and google are fucks about account recovery so my Android phone is now mostly worthless as well atm since I can't log in to any services. I've already changed the other few places I used that password and none of them were compromised. Only gmail and rockstar. Both at the same time. Fuck this shit. Fuck this game. Fuck this company. Fuck paying for "always online" shit that locks you out of single player games.

Enob

Golden Knight of the Realm
My windows install is about a month old and I haven't installed any pirated anything on it yet. I guess I should say that for me being a filthy pirate I also don't play many single player games. The time I do have for gaming is usually league of legends, hearthstone, and heroes of the storm. So zero viruses and backdoors installed as cracks.

spronk

FPS noob
sucks man. i really, really, really recommend everyone use the following good ideas

- use a password manager like KeePass (what I use), 1Password, etc. You generate a new entry for each website/system, and use a completely new system-generated randomized password for each one. Even if you have a keylogger on your system it will never catch it, since all you are doing is copy/paste passwords and user names

- use multiple gmail accounts. I have one thats my family, friends, and banks/utilities/etc account. that's it, never exposed to any website other than banks. I have a second that's for websites and stuff, and a third for crap websites/facebook/etc. I forward from two to the third (gmail is great about that) and always keep myself logged in to the third. and obviously turn on phone 2-step auth for all gmail accounts (you have to type in a code from your phone whenever you login from a new IP)

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
I keep meaning to get KeePass up and running. I'm pretty terrible with using variations of the same one or two passwords. It just seems like a pain in the ass.

Agraza

Registered Hutt
I do shit like the full names of tv show characters mixed with the brand of a product I like. I read that 50 Os in a row is more secure than a complex 8 character alphanumeric, so that helps me keep it memorable over a long character count, which I often max out these days. I've tried poems, but most are too long.

Lithose

Buzzfeed Editor
I do shit like the full names of tv show characters mixed with the brand of a product I like. I read that 50 Os in a row is more secure than a complex 8 character alphanumeric, so that helps me keep it memorable over a long character count, which I often max out these days. I've tried poems, but most are too long.
Yeah, I just use phrases now. Something that is easy to remember. StarTrekismyfavoriteshow (That's not it, but you get the idea.)

Gorehack

Lord Nagafen Raider
Still can't find a reliable group of people to play with or do heists with and at this point I'm pretty sure I never will. Sucks
frown.png

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Anyone have a PC able to run this on max?ThePinnacle

Huge graphics/texture overhaul plus vehicle handling, weapon realism, and NPC/PC interaction mod.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
I'm probably going to start this up soon. Does it play best with controller or KBM?

Leadsalad

Cis-XYite-Nationalist
Controller for gun play due to auto aim. Driving is mixed (set the camera angle though, the default is awful and gives you no sight ahead). Flying, controller again.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
So basically plays better with controller overall? I was assuming as much from a GTA title but wanted to see if the KBM was more intuitive or not. Like I prefer Batman KBM to controller even though thats a "console first" title.

spronk

FPS noob
while I would still prefer single player DLCs its really insane how much content they are pumping into GTA Online. Another giant DLC coming out next week, you can create your own criminal organizations and hire players as bodyguards (who get paid!) and fight rival gangs. It really feels like R* is experimenting to figure out what people really want for an always online game, which I suspect their next big one will be
GTA Online: Executives and Other Criminals Coming Next Week - Watch the New Trailer | Rockstar Games

digital game is on sale for $35 on ps4/xbone too I think, definitely worth buying if you haven't played it yet

i mean fuck look at that luxury yatch... goddamn...

Eomer

Trakanon Raider
When playing on my HTPC, I swap back and forth. Controller for driving/flying, KB/M for shooting. They both work well for everything, though.