Grand Theft Auto V

Big Phoenix

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah flying without a controller is pretty much about as fun as sticking your dick in a blender, absolutely terrible controls.

spronk

FPS noob
they must be making serious, serious bank on GTA Online if they are putting out YET ANOTHER huge update next week. its a bummer they aren't doing SP DLC at all but I do find GTA:O fun in short game sessions, especially when I just wanna do weird and whacky shit in a sandbox

One thing I do love about GTA5: you can import your online character from system to system. I recently double dipped on PC to try out VR mods and play with ultra textures, and it let me import my PS4 characters. I had "cheated" with them both early on (you could AFK all night in the shower and level up, and there was a dupe bug that let you earn 50m+ in a few hours) so it was nice taking in my level 60 character from ps4 to PC with 40m and a yatch. fuck you, shark cards!!

Praetorian

Golden Knight of the Realm
they must be making serious, serious bank on GTA Online if they are putting out YET ANOTHER huge update next week. its a bummer they aren't doing SP DLC at all but I do find GTA:O fun in short game sessions, especially when I just wanna do weird and whacky shit in a sandbox

One thing I do love about GTA5: you can import your online character from system to system. I recently double dipped on PC to try out VR mods and play with ultra textures, and it let me import my PS4 characters. I had "cheated" with them both early on (you could AFK all night in the shower and level up, and there was a dupe bug that let you earn 50m+ in a few hours) so it was nice taking in my level 60 character from ps4 to PC with 40m and a yatch. fuck you, shark cards!!
I love how GTA5 is doing awesome shit like this and The Division can't fix their map bug. Good stuff.

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Is GTA Online any good? I could never figure out what you were actually supposed to do. Most of the deathmatch maps sucked. Did they ever add better missions or vs maps?

spronk

FPS noob
yeah, its changed a LOT over the last 2 years. the custom games are really what sets it apart, people have come up with some crazy ass shit that can be insanely fun, especially with a friend or two. Since game sessions host up to 24 players you can get into some really fun maps that are just insane stuff. It really is a bunch of open world sandbox tools, the default stuff they populate is ok (the car races and heists can be fun with a good team) but it really shines with custom modes. only bad thing are the load times, they are miserable on console but can be ok on PC with a good enough CPU/SSD - still kinda slow, unfortunately

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
How do you actually find the good content though? And then get into an actual game to play it?

Brad2770

What is your GTA delivery system. I'm on PS4 and play pretty religiously.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Brikker

Trump's Staff
Does anyone play GTA Online? I played 5 and did the whole story, which was of course amazing, and never really tried online. Is it worth getting into or is the community mostly based around GTA RP and shit like that?

Trying to find some good info before I install and look because it's like an 80 gig fuckin install.

spronk

FPS noob
Its ok, its pretty grindy and a lot more fun if you play with 2-3 friends since you can do heists (4 man jobs) and all kinds of kingpin shit together. While there is match making for everything, iirc heists were extremely difficult and required a LOT of coordination. I will ocassionally jump in on PC and just do races and deathmatch kinda stuff, its a really big sandbox with a lot of tools so it can be super overwhelming with how many things you can actually do. solo though, its not really that great past a few hours.

playing dress up barbie is a big part of it too with an absolute fuck ton of clothes, cars, guns, etc

• 1Like

j00t

Silver Baronet of the Realm
if you play by yourself, it looses it's luster after a few hours. with a friend or two? it's responsible for some of the best chaos i've had in my life. it's stuff that if you explain it's totally "had to be there," but it's definitely worth your time. it's EXTREMELY grindy though, so you gotta keep that in mind. there's PLENTY of ways to make money though, so just do what you enjoy and don't get too mental trying to min/max your time.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Punko

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
either a very long grind or $ necessary to unlock the added online content

doing heists in pickup groups makes the LoL ranked community look like professionals

Quineloe

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Finally got this on the <20 bucks summer sale, it's really fucking nice to finally play a real game again.

I thought Michael was pretty insane. And then they introduced Trevor. How can you possibly top this

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I'm finally playing the single player of this myself after watching hundreds of hours of GTA RP.

We do some GTA Online during some of our LANs, but the online system has to be one of the clunkiest in any game.

Tarisk

Pathetic Reaction Bot
I'm finally playing the single player of this myself after watching hundreds of hours of GTA RP.

We do some GTA Online during some of our LANs, but the online system has to be one of the clunkiest in any game.
What's sad is it used to be worse

• 1Like

spronk

FPS noob
yeah I really hope RDR 2 is way more seamless, 60 second loading screens for every activity is just ludicrous

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users